• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Give me some help with my Parents

Give me some help with for Parents

I need some stuff to encourge my mom and dad to get closer to God again.
Thank You,
Leslie Renfro

Last edited:
Leslie Renfro said:
Thank You,
Leslie Renfro
Hi Leslie,
My name is Donald. I live in South Africa, Pretoria and I teach the Word of God as my most favourite past time. If I may encourage you a little ....

The love of God in us causes us to reach out to others in need. It is an act of outward going love that does not consider the self. As you have done right now and have acted on their behalf by interceding for them and hoping to get something that you can use to help rekindle their love for our God, His Son and the Holy Ghost. Read Nehemiah chapter 1 and see his attitude when God showed him the devastation of Jerusalem. Jerusalem is a type of the heart and if it is devastated it needs to be rebuilt, which is what the book of Nehemiah is all about. Yes, it is a physical place and yes Nehemiah was used by God to rebuild it. But, it is also symbolic of the heart. Jerusalem was the the place of the King of Israels throne and Jesus Christ will return one day and take His rightful place there. However, the heart is also the place from which Jesus Christ must reign in everyones life.

You said that you wanted some stuff in order to get your parents closer to God again. I believe the greatest of all Gods gifts to us is His love Rom 5:5 ... amd hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given to us. 1 Jn 4:8 ... God is love. When a person starts to slip back it is because he/she no longer shares in the love of God as described in 1 Cor 13:4-8, and Gal 5:22, 1 Jn or because they themselves have not been subject to such love by either those close to them or by the church congregation themselves. Jesus Himself said that if He be lifted up He will draw all men to Himself. The Word of God written on our hearts by the Holy Ghost causes us to become more like Jesus 2 Cor 3. He, the Holy Ghost always points us to Jesus Christ Jn 16:12-15, Jn 14:15-26. Having His Word written on our minds and and hearts (Heb 8:10, 2 Cor 3:1-3) causes us to glorify Jesus on earth because we reflect His likeness. We become role models that others can follow. This love, His righteousness, His Joy, His truth, etc, will either draw people to Him or it will cause them to persecute those who have Him and love Him so dearly.

Eph 4:1-4 emphasis on verse 3 we are told to endeavour to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. If there is unforgiveness in the heart or the lack of asking for forgiveness from the heart it will cause a separation. Additionally, heavy burdens placed on people to perform by the church or person can cause a separation. We are constantly told to get out there and preach, teach, do good christian works and when we do not meet those expectations we can place ourselves under self condemnation. But God does not condemn those who are in Christ Rom 8:1. Instead of allowing the members to grow in the knowledge of the truth as the Holy Ghost leads and teaches them they cause people to come back under the law, and those under the law are under a curse. This is what the book or Galatians is all about. read it and be blesssed sister. Gos has said keep the Sabbath Holy. That is remain in His rest, when He wants something done He will call on that person to carry out that task with His help. When we start to attempt to do the work of the Holy Ghost we miss the mark and often fall hard.

There is also the example of Samson who was lead by the Spirit of God to do might things. He uses the donkeys jawbone (type of the Word of God) to slay a thousand men (in todays terms to bring men to salvation through the preaching of the Word of God, which is eternal and draws people to eternal life through Jesus Christ). He had one flaw, he kept on looking towards Delialah (a type of this world and which represents this world). He was captured by the Philistines who gauged out his eyes (he lost his ability to teach, and the eyes are the mirror of the heart), the Holy Ghost withdrew and he was thrown into prison by his captors (he was again into sin and held captive by it). He remembered God in prison and his hair started to grow again (his relationship with God began to be rekindled). In the end he fulfilled what God wanted to to do and he is in heaven today.

If you parents are looking to the world again and cannot see a difference between the Body of Christ and the world then I must encourage you to ask God to draw them back into His care by getting them into fellowship with those who reflect His love, Righeousness and who keep the Sabbath Holy. To those who glorify God in their hearts and who draw people to Jesus Chrst because He is lifted up in their hearts.

Please read 1 Cor 3 as a futher study.

I hope this will help you

Yours in Christ
Donald

Administrator
Staff Member
Give it all to GOD and pray for your parents. I'm in the same situation and this is all I can do. If the Holy Spirit wants to use me to witness to them, He will. He has once before long ago and I believe He will again.

God bless you

Leslie, I can relate. My mom, biological father, and my stepdad are all unsaved. I try to encourage them to church all the time. I try to be Godly to show them how great God can be.

We can all pray for them and we will . I hope you find rest for your soul . Peace over your house . MikeT4G

Leslie, pray, speak when asked and live the word all the time. Your parents will see the light of Christ in you if you walk faithfully. You can't make them respond but you can be a faithful witness of the hope that you have found.

"Preach the Gospel at all time, sometimes use words" St Aquinus

i understand too... my dad is unsaved. we just have to trust God and pray lots and be ready to answer questions!!! Bless ya.

Leslie, I can see we've all say something related...

I can relate too, because my both parents are unsaved. And well... like we've all say before and now, prayer is a very strong tool God have us to use to get closer to Him and to let Him know about the desire of our hearts.
I think we don't completely appreciate prayer as an useful tool.
So I encourage you to pray for your parents. Pray for you to be a very strong light in your home. For you to be a clear reflect of Jesus wherever you go.
Keep it in prayer and wait for God to do His work

God bless you!

Your sis

Patty

Leslie Renfro said:
Thank You,
Leslie Renfro
Leslie:

I think the answer to your plea is: Prayer, Prayer, and more Prayer; Listening to God, Listening to God, and more Listening to God, and DECIDING TO BELIEVE.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea', and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, BELIEVE that you have received it and it will be yours."

(Mk 11:23-24)

This task is beyond your ability, but it is right up God's alley.

SLE