• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Give and it shall be given to you.

Since the past few months, I had been going through a very tight financial situation because I had been building a Church. Though I had always strived to help other servants of God financially in the past, I found it increasingly difficult in the last couple of months.
Last week I received a letter from a pastor (whom I did not know before) requesting me to pray and help his ministry if possible. He had been working among non-Christians in unfavorable circumstances. As I read his letter, I felt in my heart that his work and need was genuine. So I replied saying that I would be sending him some money soon.
I made up my mind to send him a certain amount, but because of my hectic schedule, I couldn’t do it immediately. 5 days later, I made it a point to send him the money the next day by money order.
The next morning, I did what I had purposed in my heart and was at peace. I had a heavenly joy in my heart that I had given in my time of need. I was busy with my work at the clinic after that. Little did I know that God had a surprise waiting for me. It was around 1 p.m. when a lady walked into my consulting room with her mother who was a patient of mine. After I had prescribed the necessary medicines for the patient, the lady who had accompanied her (her daughter) most unexpectedly handed me several Indian currency notes saying that it was for the Lord’s work that I had been doing. When I checked the amount, it found it to be 6 times the amount that I had mailed that morning. Would you believe it?

I had never seen the lady before or asked her for money, but God works in mysterious ways. Nothing is hidden from Him. He had already arranged it, seeing that I had a heart to give in my time of need. If you are debating within yourself whether to give to God in your time of need, you don’t need another testimony. This is enough. Give and it shall be given to you.

Staff Member
That is so true. God's ways are higher than our ways.

He loves it when we are obedient to the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

Luke 6.38

Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.[c]”

God knows all we are going to think say and do. He is the alpha and omega.

God bless you for sharing this testimony of God's goodness

LLJ :love: :rainbow: :rose:

Active
Jesus is Lord

.Wow, amen great testimony.

Obedience is everything like LLJ said. We have to learn how to step out in faith.

I remember when I was younger,my pastor decided to give our building fund to help another church. Some said " Oh that better be God talking, cuz some of that is my money '' lol.
Well we've been renting for the past 3-4yrs and collected alot. He didn't just give them a good sum but also volunteered to help build.

Months after we had a huge revival, it was amazing the worship was more than enough, young and old was fired up. We put our needs on hold and help built that church from ground up. God blessed us with the gifts of the spirit abundantly.

Thanks for sharing.

Obedience is the key to giving.

Last edited: