• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Gfa: 06/24/2005

Administrator
Staff Member
Do you remember the tsunami?

Six months ago, thanks to your prayerful support, GFA Compassion Services was on the scene within hours after the deadly waves hit, providing food, clothes, and medicine -- items desperately needed for the survival of those who had lost so much.

Yet deeper than the immediate physical needs were the emotional anguish and spiritual despair experienced by so many. In response, our missionaries and pastors shared the hope found in Jesus with these shattered survivors -- people grasping in the wind for answers from their gods, yet finding none.

We also made a commitment that we would stay in these stricken areas, ministering to these battered men and women for as long as it takes.

Six months later, we are still on the scene, continuing to help them rebuild their lives. Today, by God's grace and with your partnership, we are:

- Replacing the valuable boats and nets of fishermen who can now once again earn a living

- Building 1,000 new homes for those whose houses were swept away in the waters

- Providing the medical care desperately needed by so many

- Taking care of some 8,000 displaced children and incorporating them into our Bridge of Hope program

But what excites me the most is that we have had the indescribable joy of seeing dozens of churches started as tsunami survivors began responding to God's love and are showing a hunger for His Word.

These are wonderful developments, and you helped make them possible. That's why I am so thankful for your support. I urge you to please continue praying for our workers and for the tsunami victims they are helping.

To learn much more about how your gifts and prayers are continuing to make a difference in the lives of the tsunami survivors, please visit http://www.gfa.org/tsunami?motiv=WA56-G2ER for the latest stories, photos and video clips from the field. I think you will find them very exciting and encouraging.

Yours on behalf of the unreached,

K.P. Yohannan

Founder & President

Gospel for Asia

Hey chad,i dont mean to "rain on your parade" but i have just seen an item on the national news connected to this article which i found very disturbing.Of all the billions raised,6 months on only 1% has been spent.There is tens of thousands of people still homeless,most of whom are living in tents which are constantly flooded out.Whilst i take my hat off to the hard-working volunteers and helpers out there the devil is still stiring things up.The reason so little money has been spent?Government beauocracy,building restrictions etc.The devil loves to see people in torment and misery and will always work to undermine anything good we collectively do as humans.It made me think how often when something is no longer in the lime-light it also happens to drift from our thoughts.Our prayers are needed for the workers and the victims as much now as when it happened 6 months a go.

THINK and Believe:

Never fear GOD is.

LOVE never fails so the Devil will not prevail.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report;if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Phil 4:8

In :love: of JESUS the Christ, Our LORD.
:love: Yeshua
:boy_hug:

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
sparky said:
Hey chad,i dont mean to "rain on your parade" but i have just seen an item on the national news connected to this article which i found very disturbing.Of all the billions raised,6 months on only 1% has been spent.There is tens of thousands of people still homeless,most of whom are living in tents which are constantly flooded out.Whilst i take my hat off to the hard-working volunteers and helpers out there the devil is still stiring things up.The reason so little money has been spent?Government beauocracy,building restrictions etc.The devil loves to see people in torment and misery and will always work to undermine anything good we collectively do as humans.It made me think how often when something is no longer in the lime-light it also happens to drift from our thoughts.Our prayers are needed for the workers and the victims as much now as when it happened 6 months a go.

I understand but GFA is not government but a very well known and well respected Christian organization, 100% non for profit and 100% alive by profit (of course GOD's will first). This is a true and genuine article none the less. The government is the government - part of the world, not of GOD's will (generally speaking)