• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Genesis 1:26 and Isaiah 45:5

I know there is many different teachings of the trinity. I myself do not label myself as a trinitarian, because the vast majority of people who I have spoken to about the trinity have had a tritheistic view. The baptist church I was raised in had a border line tritheistic view. I think the trinity doctrine can lead to tritheism. I personally believe that Jesus is the one true God in the flesh, not the second person of a trinity in the flesh. I am a oneness believer.

People who believe that Genesis 1:26 is an example of 1 person in God talking to another, please tell me who you believe is talking in Isaiah 45:5.

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

I personally believe, that Jesus is the one true God manifested in the flesh. Jesus is not 1/3 of God, but is the one true God who came in the flesh to save us. I do not believe 1 person in God sent another person in God to die for us. God became truly 100% human yet still remained to be God apart from his humanity. Hence verses like Revelation 19:16 make sense. LORD of LORDS and KING of KINGS is who Jesus is. This means that Anyone who is a lord, Jesus is LORD over that person. There can be no one above or equal to Jesus. Jesus is Lord of all Lords and King of all Kings. Jesus and the Father are one (John 10:30). If you have seen Jesus you have seen the Father (John 14:9). The only distinction between Father and Son is Spirit and flesh. The Holy Spirit caused conception yet there is not more then 1 Father. God is a Spirit John 4:24 yet there is One Spirit Ephesians 4:4. The Father is always in reference to God in heaven, Almighty. The Son is always in reference to God in the flesh, Saviour. The Holy Spirit is always in reference to God in us, Comforter, or also God in motion/work (Genesis 1:2). This is not 3 different people in God, but the 1 true God. The Holy Spirit is none other then our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, who promised to dwell in us John 6:56, who said he would not leave us comfortless John 14:18. John 1:1 says that the Word was God, it does not say that the Word was the second person of a trinity. . If you feel like Genesis 1:26 is one person in God speaking to another, then feel free to answer Isaiah 45:5 and all of the other verses which basically say the same thing. Please, do not let this discussion get out of hand.

ok, im thinkin i agree wif u dan.. if i read it properly... the trinity is 3 ppl yea, but they are all one person.. is that wot u were sayin?? like, yea there is God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.. but they are all one person in different forms, all here to help us in the journey of life an our walk as Christians....

Administrator
Staff Member
Acts 5:30-32

30The God of our fathers raised Jesus from the dead—whom you had killed by hanging him on a tree. 31God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might give repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel. 32We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Acts 7:55-57
55But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56"Look," he said, "I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."

Luke 22:69
But from now on, the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the mighty God."

Mark 16:19
After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God.

Luke 22:69
But from now on, the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the mighty God."

Hebrews 12:2
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Genesis 1:26
Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, [ Hebrew; Syriac all the wild animals ] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Trinity: Webster’s dictionary gives the following definition of trinity: “The union of three divine persons (or hypostases), the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, in one divinity, so that all the three are one God as to substance, but three Persons (or hypostases as to individuality).” Synonyms sometimes used are triunity, trine, triality. The term “trinity” is formed from “tri,” three, and “nity,” unity. Triunity is a better term than “trinity” because it better expresses the idea of three in one. God is three in one. Hypostases is the plural of hypostasis which means “the substance, the underlying reality, or essence.”

Tri-theism. This is the teaching that there are three Gods who are sometimes related, but only in a loose association. Such an approach, abandons the biblical oneness of God and the unity within the Trinity

1 Corinthians 8:4-6 “Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that there is no such thing as an idol in the world, and that there is no God but one. For even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things, and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.”

Ephesians 4:4-6 “There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.”

James 2:19 “You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.”

There are many instances where God uses the plural pronoun to describe Himself (see Gen. 1:26; 3:22; 11:7; Isa. 6:8).

Several passages reveal a distinction of Persons within the Godhead.
  • In Psalm 110:1, David demonstrates there is a distinction of Persons between “LORD,” the one speaking, and the one addressed called by David, “my Lord.” David was indicating the Messiah was no ordinary king, but his own Lord, Adoni (my Lord), one who was God Himself. So God the first Person addresses God the second Person. This is precisely Peter’s point when He quotes this Psalm to show the resurrection of the Messiah was anticipated in the Old Testament.
  • The Redeemer (who must be divine, Isa. 7:14; 9:6) is distinguished from the Lord (Isa. 59:20).
  • The Lord is distinguished from the Lord in Hosea 1:6-7. The one speaking here is Yahweh, the Lord, yet, note the statement in verse 7, “I will have compassion … and deliver them by the Lord their God.”
  • The Spirit is distinguished from the Lord in a number of passages (Isa. 48:16; 59:21; 63:9-10).
(1) The Father is called God (John 6:27; 20:17; 1 Cor. 8:6; Gal. 1:1; Eph. 4:6; Phil. 2:11; 1 Pet. 1:2).

(2) Jesus Christ, the Son is declared to be God. His deity is proven by the divine names given to Him, by His works that only God could do (upholding all things, Col. 1:17; creation, Col. 1:16, John 1:3; and future judgment, John 5:27), by His divine attributes (eternality, John 17:5; omnipresence, Matt. 28:20; omnipotence, Heb. 1:3; omniscience, Matt. 9:4), and by explicit statements declaring His deity (John 1:1; 20:28; Titus 2:13; Heb. 1:8).

(3) The Holy Spirit is recognized as God. By comparing Peter’s comments in Acts 5:3 and 4, we see that in lying to the Holy Spirit (vs. 3), Ananias was lying to God (vs. 4). He has the attributes which only God can possess like omniscience (1 Cor. 2:10) and omnipresence (1 Cor. 6:19), and He regenerates people to new life (John 3:5-6, 8; Tit. 3:5), which must of necessity be a work of God for only God has the power of life. Finally, His deity is evident by the divine names used for the Spirit as “the Spirit of our God,” (1 Cor. 6:11), which should be understood as “the Spirit, who is our God.”

Ryrie writes: “Matthew 28:19 best states both the oneness and threeness by associating equally the three Persons and uniting them in one singular name. Other passages like Matthew 3:16-17 and 2 Corinthians 13:14 associate equally the three Persons but do not contain the strong emphasis on unity as does Matthew 28:19.”18

2 Cor. 13:14. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.

1 Peter 1:1-5. Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who reside as aliens, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, who are chosen 2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, that you may obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: May grace and peace be yours in fullest measure. 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel_TX said:
. . If you feel like Genesis 1:26 is one person in God speaking to another, then feel free to answer Isaiah 45:5 and all of the other verses which basically say the same thing. Please, do not let this discussion get out of hand.

As soon as I read this post, I knew the discussion was already out of hand. Brother, you are young. Please read Chad's post. There's no argument there, the scriptures speak for themselves. In the truth there is no confusion. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit abide together, yet they are three distinct and separate beings.

Wildwood, Chad hasn't answered the question about Genesis 1:26 and Isaiah 45:5. I believe that the distinction between Father and Son occurred at incarnation. I believe Jesus, the one true God, came in the flesh to save us for our sins. No one has responded to my questions and have just side stepped them. You do know that Jesus said that He Himself would ressurect Himself, John 2:19, do you think Jesus lied? or did Jesus in fact ressurect Himself because He is the Father? If you think that Jesus is 1/3 of God, or the second person of the trinity manifested in the flesh, then please show scripture to base this off of. John 1:1 says the Word was God. not another, not 1 person of 3, but the one true God. 1 Timothy 3:16 God was manifested in the flesh, not 1 person of 3. Yes Aimz you seem to understand. By the way Chad, Ephesians 4:6 says that there is one God and Father. If you believe that Jesus is the one God, then you would also have to agree that he is Father of all. Hence Isaiah 9:6 makes sense. Jesus is the everlasting Father. If you would like to explain Isaiah 45:5 and Genesis 1:26 then feel free. Also Chad, you may want to read the Acts accounts of baptism. Jesus said Matthew 28:19, and His apostles who He taught went out and baptised in the name of Jesus. Why? Because Jesus is the one true God and not 1/3 of God. Also read Acts 4:12.

Alister McGrath offered some insight pertaining to the word persons in reference to the Trinity that modern Oneness believers completely agree with:

The word "person" has changed its meaning since the third century when it began to be used in connection with the "threefoldness of God." When we talk about God as a person, we naturally think of God as being one person. But theologians such as Tertullian, writing in the third century, used the word "person" with a different meaning. The word "person" originally derives from the Latin word persona, meaning an actor’s face mask-and, by extension, the role which he takes in a play.
By stating that there were three persons but only one God, Tertullian was asserting that all three major roles in the great drama of human redemption are played by the one and the same God. The three great roles in this drama are all played by the same actor: God. Each of these roles may reveal God in a somewhat different way, but it is the same God in every case. So when we talk about God as one person, we mean one person in the modern sense of the word, and when we talk about God as three persons, we mean three persons in the ancient sense of the word. … Confusing the word "person" inevitably leads to the idea that God is actually a committee….49

I realise there is trinity believers like Alister Mcgrath who believe exactly what I do, however I do not label my self as a trinitarian why? Because it leads to tritheism. I have read websites that people wrote who think there should be a s on the end of God. The inconsistancy with the use of the word person can lead to borderline tritheism as Alister noted above, where people think that God is a committee, for instance people who believe Genesis 1:26 is one person talking to another in God. Frank Stagg had this to say regarding the person of Jesus Christ:

Jesus Christ is God uniquely present in a truly human life, but he is not a second god nor only one third of God. Jesus Christ is the Word made flesh (John 1:1). The Word which became flesh was God, not the second person of the trinity. John does not say, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was the Second Person of the Trinity" (1:1). He says that "the Word was God." Jesus Christ is more than "the Second person of the trinity"; He is Immanuel, God with us.

I may not even go on with this thread, some feel it is already getting out of hand and have resorted to name calling "you are young". This is to show lack of knowledge or lack of experience I am assuming. The fact is, it was when I read the bible for myself, is that I got rid of the presupposition of a trinity of persons and went and got baptised in the name of Jesus. There is no other name given among men whereby we must be saved. The name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, is Jesus. The Holy Spirit is Jesus in us. The Son is God in the flesh, Jesus. The Father is God Almighty, Jesus. God is a Spirit, John 4:24.. There is one Spirit Ephesians 4:4. There isn't 3, there is 1 Spirit. Jesus said He would dwell in us John 6:56, this is done by the 1 Spirit spoken of in Ephesians 4:4 The Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is Jesus. The Holy Spirit caused conception yet there is 1 Father. Why? because the title or term Father, Son and Holy Spirit are only dictinctions in roles of the one God. Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

As for the times a plural suffix, verb or adjective is used in relation to God, it is about 9 times total. Compared to the vast majority. The very few times that there is a plural suffix, adjective or verb attached to the noun God, is caused by attraction. I have a website that talks about this in full detail and have posted it on a other thread. You seem to support the idea that Genesis 1:26 is one person in God speaking to another but failed to explain Isaiah 45:5.

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Scripture speaks for itself and I showed you Scripture plenty that spoke of GOD being one made of 3 persons.

I agree Chad, Scripture does speak for itself. Your scriptures you listed had nothing to do with the question at hand though.

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Isaiah 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Revelation 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD

Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

1 Timothy 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. Jesus is the Root and the offspring. God and man. Not 1 person of 3, but the 1 True God in the flesh. The Word was God... The Word became flesh. Jesus became truly 100% human yet remained God apart from his humanity.

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
You see here that there is One God and Father of all. Do you believe Jesus is the one God? You also see here that the Father is in us all. That is because God is a Spirit John 4:24 and there is One Spirit Ephesians 4:4. Jesus is God. All glory, honor, worship and praise to Jesus.

Last edited:
Daniel,
In Isaiah the Hebrew word used for lord is Elohim. The "im" ending in Hebrew signifies plurality. i.e. Cherub, one angel; Cherubim, many angels.

Mat 10:32 Every one therefore who shall confess me before men, him will I also confess before my Father who is in heaven.

This is one of many scriptures in which there is direct interaction between the Godhead (or trinity). Either we must admit that there truly are three distinct persons or we are left to deduce that God is skitsophrentic. And who really want to worship a skitso?

Actually, the im ending doesn't signify a numerical plurality. Every single noun in the Hebrew language is determined to be singular or plural numerically by the adjective, verb or suffix that goes along with it. To better help you understand, it is like the words sheep and deer in english. It can mean 1 or it can mean many, the way you determine wether it means many sheep or one sheep is by the surrounding words. The im ending of Elohim is the plural majesty of El. Instead of saying simply God, it would be similar to saying God Almighty, or something to that effect. Elohim is used with absolute numerically singular meaning several times in the bible. For instance in regard to Moses, God says that Moses will be like a elohim to Pharoah. God was not saying that Moses would turn into multiple persons. In order for a word to be plural numerically in Hebrew, it must have a plural suffix, adjective or verb. I covered this in another thread here http://www.talkjesus.com/showthread.php?t=408&page=4&pp=10 it is the last post. You are basically argueing that there should be a s on the end of God. I would be careful what you call God by the way. The fact is, that the Word was God (not one of 3 persons in God) and the Word became flesh. Jesus became truly 100% human yet remained God apart from his humanity. If you find that hard to understand, don't worry, 1 Timothy 3:16, Paul and I also found this very mysterious also, yet I know it is true. You may find 1 Timothy 2:5 confusing. I don't because I know the only distinction between Father and Son, is Spirit and flesh. Jesus is the Root and the offspring. The High Priest after the order of Melchizedek and the sacrifice. Jesus is God and man.
1Timothy 2:5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
The Only distinction between Father and Son, is between Spirit and flesh. When you see a distinction it is always between God and God in the flesh (man).

You may want to study up on the word Godhead, because it isn't a synonym for trinity.

Last edited:
Quote - For instance in regard to Moses, God says that Moses will be like a elohim to Pharoah. God was not saying that Moses would turn into multiple persons.

I agree this is not saying that Moses will be elohim, but that in relating with Pharoah, Moses would be like or as elohim (God) to Pharoah.

Paul acknowlegded the "mystery" of the Godhead. If it did not exist, there would be no mystery.

Paul never said the mystery was that there is 3 seperate persons in God. Paul said great is the mystery of godliness, then he went on to say why. God was manifested in the flesh (not 1 of 3 persons), seen by angels, justified in the Spirit, preached unto gentiles, believed on in the world, recieved up into glory. The mystery is how God became 100% human and yet remained God apart from his humanity. God was manifested in the flesh (not 1 of 3 persons). Again, I suggest you study the word Godhead. Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. Do you believe Jesus is in the Godhead or the Godhead in Jesus? Your idea of what Godhead means doesn't seem correct. From what I have learned, Godhead means Divinity or absolute Deity. You seem to think of the Godhead as something to do with the trinity. So again I ask you, is Jesus in the Godhead or the Godhead in Jesus?

Last edited:
A. A TRINITY OF PERSONALITIES of equal endowments and attributes, who are in absolute oneness
of purpose and activity, designated Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: Ep. 4:4-6.
1. While the Old Testament emphasizes the unity of God, as distinguished from the belief of pagan nations in a great multitude of gods, there are clear references to a plurality of Persons in the Godhead and some that point to this plurality as a Trinity.

a. Plural nouns and pronouns are applied to God: Ge. 1:1, 26; 3:22; 11:7; 48:15; Is. 6:8.
b. Distinctions are made in the Godhead that would be uncalled for apart from a plurality of Divine Persons: Ge. 1:1-2; 6:3; 19:24; Nu. 6:24-26; Ps. 2:7 (Jn. 3:16, 18); 51:11; Is. 6:3; 63:9-11; Zech. 2:10-11.

In the New Testament we find the threefold personality of the Godhead emphatically asserted.
a. Specific instances are:
(1) Our Lord's baptism: Lk. 3:21-22.
(2) The bestowal of the Holy Spirit by the Father and the Son: Jn. 14:16-17; Acts 2:32-33.
(3) The baptismal formula as commissioned by Christ: Mt. 28:19.
(4) The ministry of the Holy Spirit: I Co. 12:4-6, 11.
(5) The apostolic benediction: II Co. 13:14.
(6) The Lord Jesus was sent to earth from His eternal preexistence by the Father: Jn. 17:5, 18; Ga. 4:4-6 (also the Holy Spirit); He. 1:1-2.
(7) The Father and the Holy Spirit are distinguished from each other: Ro. 8:26-27.

b. Each of the Members of the Trinity is called God or claimed full Deity:
(1) The Father very frequently: Jn. 6:27; I Co. 8:6; Ga. 1:1, 3.
(2) The Son, the Lord Jesus Christ: Lk. 4:12; Jn. 1:1, 18; 5:17-18; 10:30, 33; 20:28; I Co.
8:6; Col. 2:9; Tit. 2:13; He. 1:8; II Pe. 1:1.
(3) The Holy Spirit: Acts 5:3, 4; 13:2; 15:28; I Co. 2:10-11; Ep. 2:22; He. 9:14.

Funny Pedro, did the Israelites interpret it as a plurality of persons? Did the Israelites think of the one true God as a plurality of persons that make up one God. No, they are emphatic on the teaching of Deuteronomy 6:4. You have still ignored to tell me which person you think is talking in Isaiah 45:5. You would think, the new testament writers who had believed in monotheism not a unity of gods, would have wrote about this great revelation you seem to think is true. In fact, you would think Jesus would have explained to the monotheistic scribe who asked Jesus what commandment is the most important of them all, that Deuteronomy 6:4 actually meant unity of persons not absolute one as everyone believed. Instead you see the scribe agree with Jesus and Jesus tell the scribe that he is not far from the kingdom in heaven. Mark 12:28-34 28And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? 29And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: 30thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. 31And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. 32And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he: 33And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices. 34And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.
This would have been a great time to explain this unity of persons instead of the common monotheistic belief of one God. Please, feel free to explain who you believe is talking in Isaiah 45:5. What person in God do you believe is talking, since you believe there is more then 1 person. If you won't answer that question then please at least answer this. Do you believe that God is 1 Spirit? Do you believe God is a Spirit? Do you believe Jesus dwells in you? Do you believe that Jesus is the Holy Spirit? Do you believe that Jesus is the one true God, which would also make him Father of all (Ephesians 4:6)?

Last edited:
Your question concerning Isaiah is mute, what does it matter if one person or all is speaking as one in unity. I don't see how this verse illustrates your or my point. However there are other references that definately imply a plurality

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness.

If God refers to himself as a plural, I think it is ok for us to assume the same.

many people can be of the same mind, or, we have made up our mind.
This doen't mean we only have one between us.

That is the question I have asked from the begining. If you think Genesis 1:26 is a example of 1 person in God speaking to another, then please explain who is speaking in Isaiah 45:5. Just because you feel that Isaiah 45:5 is mute doesn't make it mute. If you can't explain who is talking in Isaiah 45:5, then how can you claim that Jesus is not speaking to angels in Genesis 1:26 which would explain why you see in verse 27 of Genesis Chapter 1 everything said in singular when things were created. Since you still have ignored my original question can you please answer the ones I asked at the end of my previous post. Do you believe God is 1 Spirit? Do you believe God is a Spirit? Do you believe that Jesus dwells in you? Do you believe that Jesus is the Holy Spirit? Do you believe that Jesus is the one true God, which would also make him Father of all (Ephesians 4:6)?

If you know that God is a Spirit and that there is 1 Spirit, it isn't that hard to understand.

Last edited:
God can not be speaking to the angels because they have no power to create

Isaiah - it say jehovah is speaking, as to which part of the trinity you want to credit with actually speaking i am not sure; maybe it is being spoken as a sigular plurality. thus my ealier illustration of we are all one of the same mind.

Gotta go, enjoyed the discussion.

I didn't say they had power to create. I even showed how in Genesis 1:27 everything is said in singular when things were actually created, which makes God speaking to angels a possibility, there is always the "Divine We" or also to show determination in regards to God's plan for humanity which would explain why it is only said when creating man and woman. I am still waiting to hear you answer the questions I have asked at the end of my previous 2 posts.
May God Bless You All

Edit: By the way, you know the only thing that is said to be made in the image of God, is man and woman. How many different persons make you, you? Do you have 3 different persons in you that make discisions for you?

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Pedronewt said:
God can not be speaking to the angels because they have no power to create

Isaiah - it say jehovah is speaking, as to which part of the trinity you want to credit with actually speaking i am not sure; maybe it is being spoken as a sigular plurality. thus my ealier illustration of we are all one of the same mind.

Gotta go, enjoyed the discussion.
Amen.

Sometimes no matter how clear the several quoted Scriptures you provide to someone they will also come back to bring their own context of the meaning in Scripture. That's where you end up having denominations like mormonism, jehovah's witness and all those that purposely made their own corrupted / tampered version of the Holy Bible.

Chad, you still haven't answered the original question. If you want to believe that it is one person in God speaking to another then please explain Isaiah 45:5. Chad since you still haven't answered the original question maybe you would like to answer the same questions I asked Pedronewt.

Do you believe God is a Spirit?

Do you believe God is 1 Spirit?

Do you believe that Jesus is the one true God which would also make him Father of all (Ephesians 4:6)?

Do you believe Jesus is the Everlasting Father?

Do you believe that Jesus dwells in you?

Do you believe that Jesus is the Holy Spirit?

If you have seen Jesus have you seen the Father?

Do you believe that Jesus ressurected Himself (John 2:19)?

Do you believe that Jesus is Lord of every single other lord?

Do you believe Jesus is King of every single other king?

I know I added a few more questions, but all you have to do is answer yes or no.

By the way Chad, I am not morman or a Jehovah witness. The bible I own is KJV, although I am not a KJV only. I think the Amplified and NIV are also ok to use.

Last edited: