• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Friend & Family

Staff Member
Dear Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus,
I ask for your prayers. Prayers for a friend of mine called Ed, who passed away today. He retired from the Department of Corrections on the 1st of April, Monday, in which we worked together the last 7 or more years of his 36 year career there. I witnessed to him, for pretty much the entire time, but the best words I received from him was "I have it covered". He was Jewish, but not a practicing one, so I can only hope that with his final breath he called out to the Lord.

His Son & Daughter used to go to my church, and as far as I know they know and believe in our Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior. So, I would ask that your prayers go out to them, and the rest of this man's family. That they may be comforted in the knowledge they have of and their hope which is in Jesus Christ.

I would ask for your prayers also. I'm feeling so down, feeling that I could have done so much more. I talked to him yesterday, and think why I didn't barge into his house. Do something, anything. I guess I need some comforting too (sadness).

Anyway, thank-you for listening, and your prayers if you feel moved to do so.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick

Staff Member
Bless you Brother
for what it is worth, please know i am to be praying.

from what i know of you, the epistle Ed heard was more than the words you think you might not have shared with him AND what i know of the Lord is that judgement is His, not ours and it is according to His mercy and grace for His glory.
Mercy triumphs over judgment.

Nick, you are not responsible for the man's position under God. The best you can claim regarding responsibility is yourself before God. He will not despise you for wanting to see the safe passage of a friend into His bosom.

May Ed's children draw ever so close to the God of all comfort at this time and receive from Him His love according to their needs. I know He is able and willing to do that and, Nick, I know that you know He is, too!

Bless you ....><>

Is His mercy clean gone for ever? doth His promise fail for evermore?
Psalm 77:8

For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting; and His truth endureth to all generations.
Psalm 100:5

Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; for His steadfast love endures forever!
1Chronicles 16:34

for you Brother:

I Believe In You - Dave Andrews & Friends

Staff Member
Thank-you brother.
Emotions just a bit raw.
Loved him and wanted him to know the Love of my life Jesus!
Gosh, I can barely type.

Staff Member
Greetings Nick,

In the multitude of my thoughts within me Thy comforts delight my soul.

Psalm 94:19

take a little time out with your precious wife who you still have with you and know that God shall wipe away every tear

matthew-5-4.jpg

philemon-1-25-2.jpg

Bless you ....><>

For Thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.
Psalm 18:28

Last edited:
Active
Brother Nick, I prayed for you and them then about what to say.

I had 3 years to witness to my patrol partner, who was brought up by Mormon's who were not active, which he rejected in his 20's. He wasn't sour about the gospel, seemed tolerant saying "interesting" or "hmmm", but didn't extend the conversation by asking leading questions or commenting. My prayers over his leg were tolerated too. He just listened and nodded. I think he was more interested in catching me compromising, but I was extremely careful as with everyone. He had peripheral artery disease in his calf, so had to be helped in and out of the truck often to flex his knee. Jimmy wasn't one to follow health guidance, an over-eater and needed surgery to fix that artery. He suddenly died at home from a clot.

At his funeral his wife told me things Jimmy was not at all ready to say to me, but had to her. "Jimmy loved you for caring and helping, but couldn't say that to you. That stupid man thing. But I know this. He didn't believe everything like you do because it's just too much to grapple something he couldn't see, like not paying attention to his arteries and fat. He was stubborn. Wherever he is, when he sees you and nobody is looking, he's going to hug you and thank you for trying, if they let him. I'm going to hug you for him. Please look for him. Because of all that, I now know I'll be on your side up there, and I'm back in church with Jesus. Thank you."

Neither of us know what his spiritual state was, not reading his heart, so I leave it at the man didn't get around to being baptized. Nick, Jesus sent out disciples to minister town to town. Wherever people listened, they stayed on. When it comes to rejection, whether simply silence or complaints. the Lord says to move on. There might have been one listening and believing, but was afraid to step out among unbelievers. Because of the love of God in us it's hard to just flip a switch and do something else with someone else, but because the Lord knows you are available, know there's a new assignment.

These events of a Christian's life are not missed by the Lord. He sees, and there is promise for doing what you did.
Matthew 25:21 (KJV)
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Notice the servants didn't get to keep any of that money, but stood to be blessed with promotion.

In this flesh life a good servant is rewarded, welcomed to share the joy of success in the now, and eligible for promotion later. The Lord extends that into eternity beginning with bringing rewards with Him. So keep loving and ministering, Man of God. Know you are loved by all of us.

Loyal
brother Nick

Edd and his family along with you are in my prayers. Sorry for your loss

Staff Member
Greetings brother Nick @Christ4Ever

Praying and trusting Him who knows, who loves and who cares :love:

Be still, my soul, though dearest friends depart
And all is darkened in the vale of tears;
Then shalt thou better know His love, His heart,
Who comes to soothe thy sorrows and thy fears.
Be still, my soul; thy Jesus can repay
From His own fulness all He takes away.

Be still, my soul; the hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul; when change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last*

* From hymn Be Still my Soul....Catharine Amalia Dorothea von Schlegel, 1752,

Staff Member
Thank you @Dovegiven
For sharing your own story.
It touched me deeply, and as always the conviction that one needs to have as a believer, is that it is not us, but the Holy Spirit that will convict, with the individual having a receiving heart who will come to our Lord Jesus. It's those things that made the person who they were, the smile, laugh, self-deprecating attitude of anything dealing with themselves, that now comes to mind so easily to my thoughts of him and my hope that in those final moments he too may have reached out to a Loving Lord as so many of us have done so in the past.

To His Glory, Praise, and Honor, we continue to strive, to reach those who yet have not received His Great Love through Jesus Christ His Son, our Lord and Savior., Almighty God!

Your Servant and Brother in Christ Jesus.
Nick
<><

Active
Being a witness for Jesus, as you well know often doesn't result in immediate fruit, like the first year-old peach tree I planted 50 years ago. I dug a wide hole, enriched the soil. I could imagine some fresh peaches coming as a reward. Then I read the care instructions, which advised not allowing fruit the first 2-3 years, but to pluck any flowers off as they appear. That let the roots grow and branches to strengthen to bear a load. I did all that, then moved to follow my career before ever plucking a peach. Such things help teach the idea of patiently investing the gospel in the lives of neighbors. Keep planting wherever you go in life, let others water, and the Lord harvest.