• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Loyal
Do you test what is being taught in the church against the Word of God? Or, do you have a tendency to believe what you hear, because it sounds good?

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. 1 John 4:1-3 ESV

Much of today’s church, at least here in America, has united with the flesh of mankind, via their partnership with the government, via turning the church into man-made businesses (corporations), and via uniting with the world of sin through compromises with the flesh, through adopting man-made religion and humanistic teaching, and by diluting the gospel message to make it more appealing to the world and to the flesh of humans.

The offspring of this unity of church and flesh are sheep born of the flesh of man, not of the Spirit of God. They are false sheep, flesh sheep, who were won over by (birthed of) a false grace gospel. They are forcing the Word of God in the way of this flesh-driven church and flesh-driven gospel. And, they are very good at what they do, too, i.e. they are very clever and skilled in their arguments, and know how to misuse the scriptures effectively to their advantage, in order to support their case, and to win over converts.

These false (of the flesh) sheep think they are in union with Christ, when they are not. For, this false grace gospel gives a wrong perception of God’s grace and of his salvation. The “deliverance” that these false sheep believe, and thus teach, is of the flesh, not of the Spirit; it is natural, not supernatural. It does not deliver from slavery to sin, but it leaves its followers still in bondage (addiction) to sin. It thinks God’s grace is merely forgiveness of sin and of its punishment, and is the promise of heaven when we die. But, it forgets that Jesus died that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; to deliver us out of slavery to sin, not just to forgive the sin.

Yet, the Word of God is veiled, it is hidden from those who are still walking in darkness, according to the flesh, because they are blinded to the truth. These flesh sheep believe their salvation is sealed, no matter how they live their lives, and that they will never come under the judgment of God. But, they will be overtaken like by a thief in the night, because they are not in Christ, and because they are not spiritually prepared for what is coming.

We Are Testing

So, we test this false grace gospel via the Word of God, in context. For, many false faiths result from removing scriptures from their context and making them say what people want them to say, to support what they want to believe. They often ignore the bulk of teaching on salvation, on the grace of God, and on eternal life with God, unless it agrees with them, too.

We use the Word of God, thus, to look inside this flesh-driven church with its flesh-driven gospel, which is resulting in disciples of the flesh, not of Christ. And, we examine what is going on there in the name of Jesus Christ. We see what is being fed the children there, i.e. both the true sheep and the false sheep; both sheep born of the Spirit and sheep born of the flesh. We see that they are not teaching repentance (death to sin) or obedience (following Jesus Christ in obedience with our lives).

Since there is no death to sin, there is no deliverance from slavery to sin, and since there is no obedience, there is also no living to righteousness, but yet for these purposes Jesus died. The offspring of this union of flesh and church are not delivered from slavery to sin, but are left still with their sinful addictions. Thus, this false grace gospel also separates its adherents from their eternal inheritance which they think they have, but which could be theirs through genuine faith in Jesus Christ, which involves dying with Christ to sin and living with Christ, in newness of life, to his righteousness.

You Have Overcome

Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error. 1 John 4:4-6 ESV

Because the flesh-driven church is teaching this false grace gospel, what they are teaching is at the cost of truth. Truth is taking a hit, and is being sacrificed and compromised by those who are promoting a false grace, which then leaves people still enslaved to sin, and it separates them from their eternal inheritance with God in heaven.

But, the truth will triumph! It will overcome! We don’t have to fear what humans may do. God’s Word will remain steadfast forever while all these lies of men will perish with them. The Word of God holds its own. It stands the test of time. It maintains its integrity. It will not be proven false. It will not be compromised. It will prevail. The truth will prevail!

The Word of God makes ready the people of God for the dark hour to come upon the earth. It does not teach “peace, peace,” when there is no peace. It delivers them, not just from the penalty of sin, but from slavery (addiction) to sin, and it frees them to walk in holiness and righteousness, and from walking according to the flesh.

The Lord has many servants of righteousness who are proclaiming the truth of the gospel in order to drive it home to people’s hearts. Amen! They are overcoming the attacks of the enemy against the truth of God’s Word, and are even prevailing over personal attacks against themselves. And, they are combatting Satan’s lies and this false grace gospel with the Word of Truth.

Yet, even the opposing forces against them are being used by God to drive them to the Father, toward holiness and godliness, and to put within them a passion for exposing the lies and for proclaiming the truth. What Satan means for evil in their lives, in order to defeat them, God is using in their lives to motivate them to examine what is being taught, to bring the lies into the light of truth, and to get the truth out to the people.

We Have Confidence

God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:16a-19 ESV

The antichrist surely is coming. He is already here, among us. He has been conquering peoples, nations, governments and Christians. He has been waging war with the world and with followers of Christ and with the true gospel of Jesus Christ. He has been killing, raping, confiscating property not his own, destroying, lying, betraying, and taking over other nations. The total rule of this beast is on its way. This has been in the works even before the creation of the world. This has all been predetermined by God and will take place in his timing, and according to his schedule.

What this will mean for us is a time of great hardship, persecution, difficulties, loss of homes, finances, properties and homeland, forced evacuations, and the like. And, we need to be spiritually prepared. We need to be watching. This will be a time of great testing. The Word of God is saying to get ready to forsake the comfortable, and it is teaching us that we should already have forsaken this union with the unholy, with the ungodly, with this false grace gospel, and with its false hope, and that we should not return to it. But, we should stand watch, and stand on the truth.

I do believe the Word of God teaches that during this time of testing on the earth that the bride of Christ, the church, will make herself ready for her Lord’s return. The Lord, through testing, will purify her heart and refine her and will revive her. I believe that during this time, as the gospel is spread throughout the world, that many will turn their hearts to the Lord, too.

So, we need to be standing watch, and standing on the Word of Truth, so that when this time comes we are not caught off guard, and we are not easily shaken, but we will have confidence in our Lord. God will use this time to teach us His Ways and His Truth, and the result will be true deliverance from slavery to sin for many of those who are still walking in darkness. They will now walk in the Spirit and in Christ’s righteousness and holiness. Amen!

Thursday, February 15, 2018, 5:03 a.m. – Thank you, Jesus, for this teaching from Your Word.

Loyal
@Sue J Love
The difficulty of all of this is the lack of easy places, for people who are empty and want they know what, to go and be fed the real flesh of Jesus and have it quickened within them by the Holy Spirit. That is what will fill that emptiness, but there are too many blind leaders leading people into the ditch of the ways of the flesh by wrong or dead information or as we might say: "clouds without water" .

Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see."

The eye salve as I understand it is the Holy Spirit in us. This is what will lead from "as through a glass darkly" toward the "face to face" of I Cor 13:12.

Loyal
Do you test what is being taught in the church against the Word of God? Or, do you have a tendency to believe what you hear, because it sounds good?

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. 1 John 4:1-3 ESV

Much of today’s church, at least here in America, has united with the flesh of mankind, via their partnership with the government, via turning the church into man-made businesses (corporations), and via uniting with the world of sin through compromises with the flesh, through adopting man-made religion and humanistic teaching, and by diluting the gospel message to make it more appealing to the world and to the flesh of humans.

The offspring of this unity of church and flesh are sheep born of the flesh of man, not of the Spirit of God. They are false sheep, flesh sheep, who were won over by (birthed of) a false grace gospel. They are forcing the Word of God in the way of this flesh-driven church and flesh-driven gospel. And, they are very good at what they do, too, i.e. they are very clever and skilled in their arguments, and know how to misuse the scriptures effectively to their advantage, in order to support their case, and to win over converts.

These false (of the flesh) sheep think they are in union with Christ, when they are not. For, this false grace gospel gives a wrong perception of God’s grace and of his salvation. The “deliverance” that these false sheep believe, and thus teach, is of the flesh, not of the Spirit; it is natural, not supernatural. It does not deliver from slavery to sin, but it leaves its followers still in bondage (addiction) to sin. It thinks God’s grace is merely forgiveness of sin and of its punishment, and is the promise of heaven when we die. But, it forgets that Jesus died that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; to deliver us out of slavery to sin, not just to forgive the sin.

Yet, the Word of God is veiled, it is hidden from those who are still walking in darkness, according to the flesh, because they are blinded to the truth. These flesh sheep believe their salvation is sealed, no matter how they live their lives, and that they will never come under the judgment of God. But, they will be overtaken like by a thief in the night, because they are not in Christ, and because they are not spiritually prepared for what is coming.

We Are Testing

So, we test this false grace gospel via the Word of God, in context. For, many false faiths result from removing scriptures from their context and making them say what people want them to say, to support what they want to believe. They often ignore the bulk of teaching on salvation, on the grace of God, and on eternal life with God, unless it agrees with them, too.

We use the Word of God, thus, to look inside this flesh-driven church with its flesh-driven gospel, which is resulting in disciples of the flesh, not of Christ. And, we examine what is going on there in the name of Jesus Christ. We see what is being fed the children there, i.e. both the true sheep and the false sheep; both sheep born of the Spirit and sheep born of the flesh. We see that they are not teaching repentance (death to sin) or obedience (following Jesus Christ in obedience with our lives).

Since there is no death to sin, there is no deliverance from slavery to sin, and since there is no obedience, there is also no living to righteousness, but yet for these purposes Jesus died. The offspring of this union of flesh and church are not delivered from slavery to sin, but are left still with their sinful addictions. Thus, this false grace gospel also separates its adherents from their eternal inheritance which they think they have, but which could be theirs through genuine faith in Jesus Christ, which involves dying with Christ to sin and living with Christ, in newness of life, to his righteousness.

You Have Overcome

Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error. 1 John 4:4-6 ESV

Because the flesh-driven church is teaching this false grace gospel, what they are teaching is at the cost of truth. Truth is taking a hit, and is being sacrificed and compromised by those who are promoting a false grace, which then leaves people still enslaved to sin, and it separates them from their eternal inheritance with God in heaven.

But, the truth will triumph! It will overcome! We don’t have to fear what humans may do. God’s Word will remain steadfast forever while all these lies of men will perish with them. The Word of God holds its own. It stands the test of time. It maintains its integrity. It will not be proven false. It will not be compromised. It will prevail. The truth will prevail!

The Word of God makes ready the people of God for the dark hour to come upon the earth. It does not teach “peace, peace,” when there is no peace. It delivers them, not just from the penalty of sin, but from slavery (addiction) to sin, and it frees them to walk in holiness and righteousness, and from walking according to the flesh.

The Lord has many servants of righteousness who are proclaiming the truth of the gospel in order to drive it home to people’s hearts. Amen! They are overcoming the attacks of the enemy against the truth of God’s Word, and are even prevailing over personal attacks against themselves. And, they are combatting Satan’s lies and this false grace gospel with the Word of Truth.

Yet, even the opposing forces against them are being used by God to drive them to the Father, toward holiness and godliness, and to put within them a passion for exposing the lies and for proclaiming the truth. What Satan means for evil in their lives, in order to defeat them, God is using in their lives to motivate them to examine what is being taught, to bring the lies into the light of truth, and to get the truth out to the people.

We Have Confidence

God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:16a-19 ESV

The antichrist surely is coming. He is already here, among us. He has been conquering peoples, nations, governments and Christians. He has been waging war with the world and with followers of Christ and with the true gospel of Jesus Christ. He has been killing, raping, confiscating property not his own, destroying, lying, betraying, and taking over other nations. The total rule of this beast is on its way. This has been in the works even before the creation of the world. This has all been predetermined by God and will take place in his timing, and according to his schedule.

What this will mean for us is a time of great hardship, persecution, difficulties, loss of homes, finances, properties and homeland, forced evacuations, and the like. And, we need to be spiritually prepared. We need to be watching. This will be a time of great testing. The Word of God is saying to get ready to forsake the comfortable, and it is teaching us that we should already have forsaken this union with the unholy, with the ungodly, with this false grace gospel, and with its false hope, and that we should not return to it. But, we should stand watch, and stand on the truth.

I do believe the Word of God teaches that during this time of testing on the earth that the bride of Christ, the church, will make herself ready for her Lord’s return. The Lord, through testing, will purify her heart and refine her and will revive her. I believe that during this time, as the gospel is spread throughout the world, that many will turn their hearts to the Lord, too.

So, we need to be standing watch, and standing on the Word of Truth, so that when this time comes we are not caught off guard, and we are not easily shaken, but we will have confidence in our Lord. God will use this time to teach us His Ways and His Truth, and the result will be true deliverance from slavery to sin for many of those who are still walking in darkness. They will now walk in the Spirit and in Christ’s righteousness and holiness. Amen!

Thursday, February 15, 2018, 5:03 a.m. – Thank you, Jesus, for this teaching from Your Word.
I dont know which church you give referance to. But i can tell you of my experiences.

The Lord sent me to Ky. While there He had me learn about the many Christian churches including the Methodist, Holy Ghost People (snake handlers) and the Catholics

Loyal
I dont know which church you give referance to. But i can tell you of my experiences.

The Lord sent me to Ky. While there He had me learn about the many Christian churches including the Methodist, Holy Ghost People (snake handlers) and the Catholics
(I bumped post reply, didnt see edit)

I spoke with many people in all the churches. I went to a different church each sunday for 2 yrs. What i learned was that each church thought they had the niche on God. And each church as a whole felt the other churches did not.

Now putting aside all the politics, (bs). There were many people in each church who truelly loved God.

In conclusion. There are many who love God, but God loves all of them.
------------------------
You have to understand, God doesnt make junk.

All mankind are loved by God, even the ones who dont know it yet.

Loyal

I reference the only true church, the body of Christ. Do we test what we hear in the gatherings of the church? But, this can also be a reference to the institutional church, which is anything called church, of any denomination, to where Christians may go for meetings. Do we test what we hear in those gatherings? Do we test what we hear against the Word of God, in particular against the teachings of Christ and those of his NT apostles?

Loyal
I reference the only true church, the body of Christ. Do we test what we hear in the gatherings of the church? But, this can also be a reference to the institutional church, which is anything called church, of any denomination, to where Christians may go for meetings. Do we test what we hear in those gatherings? Do we test what we hear against the Word of God, in particular against the teachings of Christ and those of his NT apostles?
I do. Lol and i stand up during services and speak what the Lord tells me to.

Ive had many times where in the middle of a terrible sermon, i will stand and say, "I DISAGREE" then state my case.

I had a friend invite me to hear a sermon by a visiting minister at a revival. He stated the Jews are all going to hell. I got up. The ussers tried to quiet me. I told them to stand back. They did. And i laid into the preacher for poisoning the minds of the people with garbage.

Active
I do. Lol and i stand up during services and speak what the Lord tells me to.

Ive had many times where in the middle of a terrible sermon, i will stand and say, "I DISAGREE" then state my case.

I had a friend invite me to hear a sermon by a visiting minister at a revival. He stated the Jews are all going to hell. I got up. The ussers tried to quiet me. I told them to stand back. They did. And i laid into the preacher for poisoning the minds of the people with garbage.
Are you implying that Jews outside of Christ can be saved ?

Active
In reality God will support and keep covenant keepers in history as history is His and his alone.

Loyal
Yes indeed .

Knowing who Jesus is in your head will not save you .

It is only recieving Jesus in your heart that you can be saved

Loyal
Your statement is conflicted.
No it isn't.

Let me put it this way you can have all the knowledge all the understanding of who Jesus is but if you have not accepted Jesus into your heart you have nothing

The thief on the cross I knew about Jesus and about his ministry but until he was dying next to Jesus on the cross he had not received him in his heart it was at that moment that he received Jesus in his heart it was at that moment he became saved

Active
No it isn't.

Let me put it this way you can have all the knowledge all the understanding of who Jesus is but if you have not accepted Jesus into your heart you have nothing

The thief on the cross I knew about Jesus and about his ministry but until he was dying next to Jesus on the cross he had not received him in his heart it was at that moment that he received Jesus in his heart it was at that moment he became saved
Thats fine Bill but this was the question posed :

Hitch said:

To which you answered 'Yes indeed'.

Loyal
Thats fine Bill but this was the question posed :

Hitch said:

To which you answered 'Yes indeed'.
Jews who do not know Jesus , yet love God in thier heart , already know Jesus.

It is because they Love God , and who is God ?

Active
1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jn 1:11
For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Active
Jews who do not know Jesus , yet love God in thier heart , already know Jesus.

It is because they Love God , and who is God ?
Seems John doesnt agree:

2 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Loyal
Seems John doesnt agree:

2 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
Lol it is Paul that i quoted, take it up with Paul

Loyal
1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jn 1:11
For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
I quoted Paul , take your arguement to him

Loyal
Lol you guys crack me up . You really dont know your scripture unless people send the location of it .

By the way , scripture was never ment to be chopped up into single versus . But you guys would make great politicians, as they like to chop up everything anyone says to benefit themselves

Active
2Jn 1:1 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;
2Jn 1:2 For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.
2Jn 1:3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
Walking in Truth and Love
2Jn 1:4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
2Jn 1:5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
2Jn 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
2Jn 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
2Jn 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Final Greetings
2Jn 1:12 Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.
2Jn 1:13 The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.

Active
1Jn 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
1Jn 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
1Jn 2:21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
1Jn 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
1Jn 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
1Jn 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
Children of God
1Jn 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
1Jn 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.