• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Flee youthful lusts

Flee youthful lusts.

For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Titus 3:3-6 KJV

They said to you, "In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires." These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit. But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit. Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.

Jude 18-21 NIV

But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please.

Galatians 5:16,17 NASB

We should be decent and true in everything we do, so that everyone can approve of our behavior. Don't participate in wild parties and getting drunk, or in adultery and immoral living, or in fighting and jealousy. But let the Lord Jesus Christ take control of you, and don't think of ways to indulge your evil desires.

Romans 13:13,14 NLT

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God
is the object of our faith; the only faith
that saves is faith in Him.

So you think that we are all low life scume. Well,maybe so however most of the time we try to over come some of these urges and improve ourselves a little bit each day in order to attempt to serve and please Almighty God.Nevertheless,sinners though we may have been before salvation we did not resort to commit all these terrible crimes and there is more love in sinners hearts than you might give them credit for. After all, do we as Born again Christians not love and do we not change for the service of the Lord? Where then were we made better than the trash that you describe? Granted that we as sinners before were guilty of all sin if we were guilty of any single sin,nonetheless we are still not perfect so what is different in our stature? Is it the fact that we are saved by The Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ and therefore are cleansed daily of our mistakes? Or,are our sins now looked upon as mere weaknesses to be brushed under the rug, so to speak,and we may now redicule any sinner who is not like us? "No",you say,that would be hypocritical and uncarring for those who have been shown the way by The Holy Spirit. So what are we,the unclean made clean by the gift of The Holy Spirit and by The body and Blood of our Lord? What follows after this salvation,are we to continually crossexamine our past mistakes or are we to move on and learn new methods to please our most high God? If so, what are we to do about showing our love for Him to Him and does He desire us to do these types of things? If we believe in Jesus Christ and if we believe that He lives and reigns within us,then why do we ever waste time discussing the devil? Our Father is the Power and Jesus Christ told the tempter to"Get behind me satan,for it is written"Tempt not The Lord your God".Therefore if we are One with Him,then He is within us and has appointed us the power to overcome satan with the same Faith as He has and gave to us. He said that we may all be the sons of God.So,therefore go forward and act like we are following Him, and that there is no way posible that we are able to be as perfect as He is,but rather that we strive to attempt to follow His example and Love all who heed His teaching. Those who do not wish to listen,turn away from for your safty but be a good steward of the faith and show as much loving kindness as possible under the situation at hand. By showing humbility in our faith we illustrate Truth and the Spirit. When we are above reproch we demenstrate foolishness and cause unbelief.MGBY

All shortlady did was quote scripture. She gave none of her opinion or anything that could offend. The Word of God is pure Truth, and she did not dilute it or add to it.

Stick it out

just wanted to encourage all da pplz out there wanting to follow God, but finddingg it really hard 2 not think about all dat "fun" sin stuf, that seems cool and wif it, but really traps us in and b4 we realise it we need it to feel normal. Cos if we cant hav a good time wifout alcohol, then we need to look at ourselves and see what's missing, and maybe we might just find that there's a God shaped hole there after all

Administrator
Staff Member
Ettu315 said:
So you think that we are all low life scume. Well,maybe so however most of the time we try to over come some of these urges and improve ourselves a little bit each day in order to attempt to serve and please Almighty God.Nevertheless,sinners though we may have been before salvation we did not resort to commit all these terrible crimes and there is more love in sinners hearts than you might give them credit for. After all, do we as Born again Christians not love and do we not change for the service of the Lord? Where then were we made better than the trash that you describe? Granted that we as sinners before were guilty of all sin if we were guilty of any single sin,nonetheless we are still not perfect so what is different in our stature? Is it the fact that we are saved by The Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ and therefore are cleansed daily of our mistakes? Or,are our sins now looked upon as mere weaknesses to be brushed under the rug, so to speak,and we may now redicule any sinner who is not like us? "No",you say,that would be hypocritical and uncarring for those who have been shown the way by The Holy Spirit. So what are we,the unclean made clean by the gift of The Holy Spirit and by The body and Blood of our Lord? What follows after this salvation,are we to continually crossexamine our past mistakes or are we to move on and learn new methods to please our most high God? If so, what are we to do about showing our love for Him to Him and does He desire us to do these types of things? If we believe in Jesus Christ and if we believe that He lives and reigns within us,then why do we ever waste time discussing the devil? Our Father is the Power and Jesus Christ told the tempter to"Get behind me satan,for it is written"Tempt not The Lord your God".Therefore if we are One with Him,then He is within us and has appointed us the power to overcome satan with the same Faith as He has and gave to us. He said that we may all be the sons of God.So,therefore go forward and act like we are following Him, and that there is no way posible that we are able to be as perfect as He is,but rather that we strive to attempt to follow His example and Love all who heed His teaching. Those who do not wish to listen,turn away from for your safty but be a good steward of the faith and show as much loving kindness as possible under the situation at hand. By showing humbility in our faith we illustrate Truth and the Spirit. When we are above reproch we demenstrate foolishness and cause unbelief.MGBY

Apparently you have scum in your heart with that attitude of yours. I suggest you be silent unless you wish to apologize humbly. She stated only Scipture but your attitude blinded you from seeing this. All in all, your simply insulting GOD's Word because that is all sister posted here.

If you refuse to apologize humbly for your lack of respect and rather boggling me with your useless response, I will close your account.

Ettu315 said:
What follows after this salvation,are we to continually crossexamine our past mistakes or are we to move on and learn new methods to please our most high God? If so, what are we to do about showing our love for Him to Him and does He desire us to do these types of things? If we believe in Jesus Christ and if we believe that He lives and reigns within us,then why do we ever waste time discussing the devil? .MGBY

As another stated before me, she simply quoted scripture. Now that being said I want to address just a part of what you said above.

What happens after Salvation is Sanctification which is an ongoing work of the Holy Spirit within us to change us from the inside out. We "must daily die to self," which means daily acknowledging the presence of the Spirit within and daily asking Him to lead, guide, advise and direct us. Through this we humble ourselves to Jesus and let the Spirit work within us.

We do not do anything to please God. The Spirit working within us causes us to make right choices if we let Him, causes us to pray if we let Him, causes us to become renewed in our mind if we let Him, causes us to read and study the bible with true desire from our heart if we let Him.

As I read what you wrote I got the impression that you were doing the changing and that you might not understand how the spirit works in us to become progressively more sanctified in our daily walk.

If I misunderstood what you said perhaps others will gain from this, but if I didn't perhaps you too will gain from this.

In His Name

DeaconBob3

WELL, THE TRUE FEELINGS ARE COMING OUT NOW TOWARD PEOPLE WHO JUDGE OTHERS. My post did not intend to put any person down but rather to illustrate that we are not all to be judged by preachers or members of our own church or the like. Rather that after we as christians which are saved should look at some of the positive aspects within our service to Almighty God and concentrate on what we may do which pleases Him. Futhermore, to examine the positive actions which we do as believers and get over the gloom which seems to be continually looked at and pointed toward those who do not preach in the streets every day. The point is "What do Christians do that pleases God?" I never ment to offend any person but rather to answer the question put forth in the post. You look at the words which you said to me and tell yourself who downed who and look at what I posted and tell me where I insulted anyone. I will look at you answer and reply.MGBY

Administrator
Staff Member
Ettu315 said:
So you think that we are all low life scume.

Where does "she think" this? This is your first line in your first reply. At 57yrs old one would think you know better by now to read more carefuly and reply more humbly. She quoted Scripture. Do you have a problem with what the Scripture says? She titled it "flee youthful lust" which is what GOD commanded us many times in Scripture? Do I honeslty have to quote every verse about lust now?

If you can't see your lack of respect at your age by now then perhaps you need to flee the site for a moment and seek GOD humbly I'm still baffled that you dont' see your impolite response.

Ettu315 said:
WELL, THE TRUE FEELINGS ARE COMING OUT NOW TOWARD PEOPLE WHO JUDGE OTHERS

And they are yours who judged sister shortlady.

Brother Ettu,

Please listen to me. While yes to focus on the good is great but to push wrong into a closet and pretend it is not there is not good. Sin is like yeast and left unchecked will get bigger and bigger. Please note that a humble attitude towards your fellow brothers and sisters will get a better result. I really dont think shortlady was poseing a question she was (in my opinion stating what the bible says about certain things) And while you never ment to offend anyone, part of being humble is realising when your words caused damage and to be acountable for them.

Last edited:
Sometimes (when I say things) it does not always come out rightly. Again there is NO intent to say anything bad about shortlady,infact I meant to back up what she was saying. The point which I wanted to illustrate was the fact that some of us do not have those attributes in our heart which would make us want to commit these sins. Just because we have commited some sins in this life does not mean that we want to commit them again nor would we. Some Christians are now above most(not all) temptation and trying to think about the types of actions which God may think fondly of. Granted, no man knows what God thinks,but through common sense and study of the word we may attempt to do those things which we think may please Him. Do you understand that this is practicing to please God as opposed to looking at our past sins over and over;although we should never forget the wrong deeds which we have commited and to not repeat those actions because they are against God's plan.This does not in any way say that we are above those evil actions which we have commited in the past, but rather that through the Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ that we are free from those sins and He said He would forget them if we truly repent. (If I'm lying I'm dieing).Nonetheless,what I am saying is that we need also to look upon our next actions and see if we may improve ourselves to follow the will of God more than what we have in the past. Is it absolutely necessary for us to look at our sins constantly or may we get on with life and try to improve ourselves in every thought word and deed? (This Question is directed to the reader not anyone in particular).Again there is absolutly No insult meant here and if any has been taken then I heartily appoligize and did not mean it to sound that way. MGBY(May God bless you)!!!

Isabelle said:
just wanted to encourage all da pplz out there wanting to follow God, but finddingg it really hard 2 not think about all dat "fun" sin stuf, that seems cool and wif it, but really traps us in and b4 we realise it we need it to feel normal. Cos if we cant hav a good time wifout alcohol, then we need to look at ourselves and see what's missing, and maybe we might just find that there's a God shaped hole there after all

Isabelle :love: Hi sweetie :love: Good to see ya :love: God bless you :love: I love your last sentence . . . . "A GOD SHAPED HOLE AFTER ALL" I pray we feel that daily and ask for Gods loving Spirit to come and fill us each and every day new :love: Thank you for this beautiful description of our hearts :love:

xr6

Isabelle said:
Abuse of alcohol leads to the sunshine :sun: in our life turning to depression and despair :lightning in our lives.
Jesus comes for us, he will not abandon us. he is the good shepherd.
My :love: goes out to anyone trapped in the abuse of alcohol, remember our Lord cares for you. Cry out to him. seek counsel.
thank you for what you have wrote Isabelle.

Isabelle said:
Isabelle, you are so right! I spent thirty years of my life "having fun" through alcohol, until the Lord stepped in and stopped me.

When I talk about my drinking, I always try to point people toward the positive message of God's love and patience. When drinking took control of my life, my world began to shrink. It shrank to the point that, though I was married, had kids, and had others who loved me, the two really important things in my life were myself and alcohol. Nothing else really mattered. I was isolated, bitter, and angry.

When God came into my life, the first message I got from Him was this incredible feeling that I was loved in a way that was more powerful than any feeling I had ever known. Then gradually He began to turn me in the direction He wanted me to go. The loneliness is gone. I have an abundance of true friends and my life has real purpose.

The secret to successfully fighting addictions and other sins of the flesh lies in running toward something, not just running away. Those of us who have been given victory need to share our stories and show others that victory is possible with God's help; that there is "light at the end of the tunnel and it ain't the train comin' the other way!"