• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Flee, Fight, Or Forgive? ? ? ?

When Problems occur, do you flee, fight or forgive?

Let me explain, As you may or may not know, Recently my church had some really terrible problems occur with our Pastor, leaving us very hurt, sadden, Pastorless, and confused as to why and how this happen to us. The outcome of these problems deeply hurt every member, myself included. It came as a shock and even as unbelievable as it seemed, it was unfornuately true.

While reading this book called "A Heart Like Jesus" by Max Lucado, I realised that my fellow Church members done a lot of the first two-- Some FLEED, whether it was just to another church, or just completely out of church. Some FOUGHT, casting blame and agrueing why and how this happen...... BUT hardly any FORGAVE.......

I Have to admit, I considered fleeing myself, but after much prayer and seeking guidance from God and talking to good friends about it, I decided not too. I honestly think that when problems such as these occur, that Satan wants us to FLEE the house of God, or FIGHT causing the House of God to split, divide and separate. . . Satan would NEVER EVER want us to Forgive as Jesus teaches us to do. Ephesians 4:32 Col 3:13

The problems that occurred seemed unforgivable. Honestly the thought of forgiving my Pastor (now former Pastor) never crossed my mind. How could I forgive him for doing that? How could I forgive him for all the pain and hurt he has caused my church? I wasn't the one who done anything wrong, I didn't cause all this pain, hurt and disappointment. I done nothing wrong-- But neither did Jesus and look how He forgives..... One example is how He forgave the same disciples that He knew would abandon Him, deny Him, doubt Him. Jesus done nothing wrong, yet He Forgave these men for the hurt, the pain, and disappointment.

I want to share a short quote from the book.....
"Try shifting your glance away from the one that hurt you and setting your eyes on the One who saved you."

I learned a very important lesson from this book, We should never flee or fight when problems occur. Jesus forgave us and we should forgive others. Its as plain and simple as that. No matter the wrong that was done, No matter the hurt it caused, No matter how big or small it was, No matter how recent or how long ago it was. We need to FORGIVE and then forget, then trust God to heal the hurt and pain that was caused. God can and will bring us through anything that Satan throws our way!

I am not sure if someone reading this needed to hear that, or maybe God just lead me to type it here so it sinks way down in my heart. I hope it has been a help to someone, as these problems doesn't just have to be Church related. It could be marriage problem, relationship problems, family problems, work problems, friend problems and so many more problems.

My Prayer today is for everyone to have not only a forgiving heart, but also a listening heart, a worship-hungry heart, a pure heart, a rejoicing heart, and enduring heart, ...... Ultimately.... A HEART LIKE JESUS!

Thank you for taking the time to read and/or respond to this post. God Bless you always!

:love: May we always strive to have "A Heart Like Jesus"!!!! :love:

Love in Christ,
Jenn :rose:

Please continue to pray for My Church.... Thanks
!

Hey Jenn :love: Thanks for typing the beautiful words deep out of your sweet heart :love: looks like you have not only decided to stay and forgive. . .but also let God do His part in this mess :love:
Beautiful quote out of your book . . .I will remember that and try to put it into action :love:
I am standing in agreement with you in prayer . . .

"My Prayer today is for everyone to have not only a forgiving heart, but also a listening heart, a worship-hungry heart, a pure heart, a rejoicing heart, and enduring heart, ...... Ultimately.... A HEART LIKE JESUS!"

Amen :love:

Thank you Tia for starting this thread . We need to forgive at all times but it is not alway's easy . Every time you can overcome your own feelings and forgive another , you/we have just grown a little bit more into Christ-likeness . I pray your church will find peace and love again . All leaders are flawed and will let you down at times because people are just people . Only Jesus Christ is Lord . All others are just messengers trying to tell what little we really know about the wonders of God . :love: :boy_hug: Mike

Thank you Tia for writing a very inspirational thread. Forgiveness is one of the hardest things that I think people can do. I also pray that your church will find comfort together, love, peace and forgiveness. I also pray for a heart like Jesus!
God Bless

Flee, fight or forgive?

This reminds me of Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Right now I see our church has been broken down, like in verse 3, BUT it also says a time to build up, thats a promise from God and God doesn't break any promises!

You will overcome this , I know its been very stressful on you. you must keep the faith and move past this terrible incident.

I love ya gurl!

Love in Christ,

Also, I had a wonderful chat with a guy and he wrote 2 poems on forgiveness... I'll email you them, it'll help you, I know cause it helped me... I'll ask for his permission to post it here also, if its ok with him.

Last edited:
focus on God

the thing is that every physical and emotional thing that happens has a spiritual base, good or bad and rather than looking as "why has this happened to me?" we should ask "what is God trying to teach me?"

The answer to all these things is found in Matthew 6 where God tells us not to worry and to seek His Kingdom first. That way we dont respond with emotion but look for His will and purpose.

Then we need to forgive us as He taught in His prayer and to forgive 70 times 7 not just once.

If we have unforgiveness it can grow and cause a barrier to God. A barrier can lead to depression and bitterness and a cold relationship and a legalistic approach.

God longs for a living relationship so the key is to seek Him first and to focus on Him \O/
God bless you and look to Him first Jenn and Danielle

David

Jenn,

God Bless you sister forthose words of inspiration. I needed to read them. There are things going on in my life now around me that are in need of forgiveness by those who are in strife. Unfortunately as of yet there hasnt been much movement in that department by those ccertain people in my life (does'nt mean im gonna stop prayin for it). I feelwith my faith that Christ heals all things things will get better. I pray for those in yoor church and I dont know what happened with your pastor but May he find his path back Into Christ love and into those with whom he emotionally hurt may he find forgiveness from it.

Thanks again

Your brother in Christ

Robert- Newlife4ever

Thank you so much!

Peeps, Mike, Mary, Dannielle, David, Soldier of God, Robert, and the rest of TalkJesus,

Thank you so much for your prayers, your kind words of encouragement, and support! They all mean more than you will ever know! I don't know where I would be with out them!

It just goes to show how loving and kind everyone is here, and how much God loves us!

:love: Love In Christ,:love:

Jenn
:rose:

forgiveness

forgiveness is a wonderful quality but hard to do. It is easier when it is someone you care about but harder with someone you dislike and hardest when you dislike that person.

I believe that if we have not forgiveness then there is an absence of love and as God is love we cannot have total peace with Him. The hard part is to do something about it.

Remember the story of the servant who got forgiven a big debt and refused to forgive another servant of a small debt. The king heard about it and threw that man in jail for not being forgiving when he had been forgiven much.

Jenn this cannot be dont in your own strength. My advice is to draw to God and ask for Him to live in you to do this humble act. Your pastor doesnt have to accept it but you will have peace and unity with God :)

God bless
David

your church

Jenn,
I know its hard for you right now, but you are right in forgiving your pastor. You have to now matter the wrong done, I know from what you have told me about this.

Keep the Faith Jennifer! Your church will grow from this, Don't let the Devil defeat you! Forgive and forget and move on!

I am praying for you and your church. God has the right Pastor for you, don't be discouraged, and Don't lose trust and confidence in Ministers, not all will fail like your previous Pastor. God will send a new Pastor to your church, and with Gods guidance and help your church will once again grow and minister to a world who is in desperate in of help.

Keep the Faith! Keep on Keeping on!

"For the God of the Mountain....
He's still God in the valley.
The God of the good times....
He's still God of the bad times."

Sorry I can't remember any more of the song, but Know God loves you and he's still with you. Hold to his hand during this difficult time.

God bless you!
Cody
Crazy4Jesus!!!!!

Flee, Fight, or Forgive?

I think that was awesome Jenn. You really was on point about forgiving and letting something go. I have found to have unforgiving things in my heart. I know that that can keep you from the Promised Land. Thanks for bringing that up.

Tia_Jenn4 said:
When Problems occur, do you flee, fight or forgive?

Let me explain, As you may or may not know, Recently my church had some really terrible problems occur with our Pastor, leaving us very hurt, sadden, Pastorless, and confused as to why and how this happen to us. The outcome of these problems deeply hurt every member, myself included. It came as a shock and even as unbelievable as it seemed, it was unfornuately true.

While reading this book called "A Heart Like Jesus" by Max Lucado, I realised that my fellow Church members done a lot of the first two-- Some FLEED, whether it was just to another church, or just completely out of church. Some FOUGHT, casting blame and agrueing why and how this happen...... BUT hardly any FORGAVE.......

I Have to admit, I considered fleeing myself, but after much prayer and seeking guidance from God and talking to good friends about it, I decided not too. I honestly think that when problems such as these occur, that Satan wants us to FLEE the house of God, or FIGHT causing the House of God to split, divide and separate. . . Satan would NEVER EVER want us to Forgive as Jesus teaches us to do. Ephesians 4:32 Col 3:13

The problems that occurred seemed unforgivable. Honestly the thought of forgiving my Pastor (now former Pastor) never crossed my mind. How could I forgive him for doing that? How could I forgive him for all the pain and hurt he has caused my church? I wasn't the one who done anything wrong, I didn't cause all this pain, hurt and disappointment. I done nothing wrong-- But neither did Jesus and look how He forgives..... One example is how He forgave the same disciples that He knew would abandon Him, deny Him, doubt Him. Jesus done nothing wrong, yet He Forgave these men for the hurt, the pain, and disappointment.

I want to share a short quote from the book.....
"Try shifting your glance away from the one that hurt you and setting your eyes on the One who saved you."

I learned a very important lesson from this book, We should never flee or fight when problems occur. Jesus forgave us and we should forgive others. Its as plain and simple as that. No matter the wrong that was done, No matter the hurt it caused, No matter how big or small it was, No matter how recent or how long ago it was. We need to FORGIVE and then forget, then trust God to heal the hurt and pain that was caused. God can and will bring us through anything that Satan throws our way!

I am not sure if someone reading this needed to hear that, or maybe God just lead me to type it here so it sinks way down in my heart. I hope it has been a help to someone, as these problems doesn't just have to be Church related. It could be marriage problem, relationship problems, family problems, work problems, friend problems and so many more problems.

My Prayer today is for everyone to have not only a forgiving heart, but also a listening heart, a worship-hungry heart, a pure heart, a rejoicing heart, and enduring heart, ...... Ultimately.... A HEART LIKE JESUS!

Thank you for taking the time to read and/or respond to this post. God Bless you always!

:love: May we always strive to have "A Heart Like Jesus"!!!! :love:

Love in Christ,
Jenn :rose:

Please continue to pray for My Church.... Thanks
!
Tia Jenna,

As I read your post, I thought about the situation the Apostle Paul wrestled with regarding the church in Galatia.

I believe that you chose rightly when you chose to love the people involved in the contention. I applaud your courage and righteousness.

"You, my bretheren, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature, rather, serve one another in love. The entire law is summed up in a single command; 'love your neighbor as yourself'. If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other." (Gal 5: 13-15)

Jenn...I am sorry that I have just now found and read this post. I realize that what you and Dannielle have experienced in this situation has been hurtful and hard to understand, but i have witnessed your strength and growth through this. I want to stress the word "through"...during the past quarter in our Sunday School lessons, the word "through" kept popping up and I began to listen more intently to the message of the lessons. We were studying, "The Treasures of Darkness" by Dr. Clarence Sexton. In these lessons, he was stressing the things that are revealed to Christians when difficulties and hurts come into our lives, by using many examples in/through the Bible. Our beginning memory verse was Isaiah 45:3, "And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by name, am the God of Israel." We were to learn how God shows us things that can be only by His divine aid and guidance.

May I add Dr. Sexton's quote, "There are times in life when we know we are in the darkness. These are moments when we seem to be without guidance, and we cannot understand what has happened. We stagger and grope about for answers, In these times of testing and trial, we need by faith to trust our God and allow Him to point the way to the treasures in that darkness." I refer back to the word "through", I thought I knew what the word meant; however, I looked it up [from end to end of, to the end, in every part (of)]. The amazing lesson that I learned is when we "go through" things there is always a coming out whether it be here on earth or in glory with our Heavenly Father.

GOD knows the end from the beginning and HIS grace is sufficient for all we face or will ever face. HE allows it for our good and HIS glory. Like you, there have been many times in my Christian life that I have wanted to "flee" when I really knew that the answer was "forgiveness" and for the moment, that was the fartherest thing from my mind. One of the lessons was about how we try to come up with plans and schemes to deal with the circumstances of life, but how we need to realize that we can do nothing...the circumstance is too big for us, but not bigger than our GOD.

I pray for you and Dannielle and ask the LORD to continue to carry you through this...teach you what you should learn and strengthen you in your service for HIM. May GOD bless you!!!

Last edited: