• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

first time user: loking for like minds

gday, my name is Michael.
Im a seeker of truth and love as ascribed by jesus and the bible.
The bible is the most amazing book I have ever read. The way it sets out a way of life to follow, with the lead principles "love god, love everybody" even if they are people who do terrible things, god "not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentence", "overcome bad with good", "love and bless those who hurt you".
The origanal christian church is described as "they were of one heart and one mind, no one claiming any ownership, sharing everything with no needy among them". WOW! I look for this church.
"speak for those who cannot; for the rights of the poor and needy", "suffer with those who suffer", "remember the poor",
"ïf you wealth and do not help believers in need, where is the love of god in you?". These sayings give me great hope
I am howerver, bewildered by the world we live in, where around 10 million people die from poverty related problem, 1billion live on less than $1.50 a day, 3 bil < $2.50, %80 of population < $10, and %39 of worlds wealth is in the hands of %1 of the worlds populatio. There are many other horrors in this world and I look for like minded peopl to talk and do something about these things. (sorry cant edit or delete the following...)
These are the things on

Staff Member
Welcome to Talk Jesus @michaelvictor

Nearly all churches today seem more interested in wealth and popularity and those early church principles of sharing and selflessness are foreign in this possession orientated society we live in.

May the Lord richly bless you, Michael, as you seek His will and His ways through His beautiful word.
And may we all seek to live and love like Jesus

Enjoy the online forum and fellowship

And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
Acts 4:32-33

But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
1 Timothy 6:6-7

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for your response. hope to correspond with you and find out your thoughts on these things.
it is really hard to find people who agree or if they do agree, they dont actively participate.
bless you

Hello Michael,

First of all welcome to the forum. It was interesting to read your post. I too find that "selling all that you have, and giving to the poor" is not a popular concept. Furthermore, when the concept is supported, it is extremely difficult to actually give what you have. I think it is mostly due to fear and lack of trust in our Heavenly Father. If I were to give every last penny to feeding the poor, how would I get my next meal? Or if I sell my business, how will I make more money to give away? Surely God does not expect that from me.

I am afraid He does expect total sacrifice. Whether that means selling every thing you own, spending your life at your business while supporting overseas missions, or going yourself to the mission field we are to hold everything that is within our power at the dispensation of God. In C.S. Lewis's book, The Screwtape Letters, the demon was saying how it was their goal to convince us that we own things. It is my time, my house, my shoes, my money. If we really think about it, we Christians will almost all admit that we own absolutely nothing. NOTHING! Not even our own bodies. God has all power, and all things are His for Him to decide what to do with. Agree? Then why is it that we, including me, are constantly using personal possessive pronouns. Well, I guess it is our sinful selfish natures that must be put to death, and unless they are put to death we will continue in our selfish ways. God forbid.

There is also the consideration of gifts. In Romans 12:8 Paul is telling those with gifts to wait on that calling, "he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity". So apparently there are those that are gifted in giving. Not all have that gift, but all must seek to be like Christ.

Considering "loving one another" and hearing and doing the words of Jesus that were spoken in the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus says "And whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man; which built his house upon a rock."

"Blessed is he who hears the Word and does it."

God bless,

anya

Administrator
Staff Member
Welcome to the forums Michael. Glad yours here brother.

Well I am a new member and look forward to talking to people for some guidance throw school.