• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

First holiday without my mom

Active
Oh the feeling of depression consumes me. I think t has finally hit me that my mom is gone. I feel like an orphan.

Active
While I seem to possess a method of killing conversations, I'd like to relate a story which happened to me on Nov 22. Sometimes it takes a while for us to let go. That's being human. The Good Lord understands, and is always there anytime you want to talk to Him about it.

I decided yesterday to clean out my shed of all the leftover wood cuts. I also went through the basement of the house finding pieces which had been cut for my wife's crafts, some which were never finished. I collected up some items from a room in the basement and took them out to my truck. One piece, a 12" length of 2x4, was face down when I picked it up. It was face up when I laid it on the tailgate. It was one of the feet to be part of what was to be a tin soldier. The template was still taped on as I would have shaped the toe of the boot with a bandsaw and added a makeshift sole with a router. My wife and I would attach the feet to the pipe, and she would paint it. When I saw that piece of wood, tears began to flow. Guys aren't supposed to cry, but I did. It wasn't so much that it felt like a chapter had closed, but a book that had been slammed shut and that activity we enjoyed very much was forever gone.

I get what you're saying as it's been two months, the house is pretty quiet, and I miss her. We had a lot of fun during the time we knew each other. When I finished my good byes to her at the hospital, I left the room in tears. I said to the nurse who gave me a big hug, "I don't know if we cry for the deceased, or cry for ourselves". She said, "I think it's a bit of both". I replied, "I think so, too".

Someday you will meet your mom again, and the time apart will seem as if it had never existed. 1 Thes 2:19 For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?

Staff Member
@LordKnows
Praying that you be comforted dear sister.
In Jesus' name. Amen
Always remember that you are not an orphan.
Your Adoni, Abba Father
Cares and watches over you. Always!
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
1Th 4:13 And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died so you will not grieve like people who have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with Him the believers who have died.

Pro 12:25 Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.

Administrator
Staff Member
Hi sister sorry about your loss. I will be praying the Lord comforts you and revitalizes your joy.