• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Fire Proofing our Home

Loyal
Fire Proofing our Home

The Bible describes our spiritual growth like a man building a house.

1Co 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and ANOTHER BUILDETH THEREON. BUT LET EVERY MAN TAKE HEED HOW HE BUILDETH THEREUPON.

A house holds certain things that are valuable to us. We even have special places for our most favorite things. This house we are building can be looked at as our total theology in what we believe, all combined together into a single building. What I, Curtis Wilson is experiencing in my Christian life on this earth, is based totally on the house I have built with the help of the lord. My fellowship with God, and in how I experience God's Heavenly Kingdom, that I have been translated into is according to this house that has been built.

As a Christian we live in the house we build. I can not live in your house, and you can not live in my house, but we all together live in the same “GATED” community!! The walls of the Kingdom of Heaven has four sides with three gates on each side made out of a single pearl.(Revelations 21) Our “CITIZENSHIP” is in Heaven, and it is from there, we are awaiting on the Lord......(Php 3:20)

Even though we can not live in each others homes, we can help each other in choosing what “BUILDING BLOCKS” we should use that have already been tested by fire. There are NO custom homes in this gated community in Heaven that are made out of wood, hay or stubble because they are highly flammable!!!

1Co 3:12 Now IF ANY MAN BUILD UPON THIS FOUNDATION GOLD, SILVER, PRECIOUS STONES, WOOD, HAY, STUBBLE;
1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for THE DAY SHALL DECLARE IT, BECAUSE IT SHALL BE REVEALED BY FIRE; AND THE FIRE SHALL TRY EVERY MAN'S WORK OF WHAT SORT IT IS.

When I talk about, “every mans WORK shall be TESTED BY FIRE of what it is made out of” This work is NOT in what man does, it is in what he believes!!!!! Jesus said, “this is the WORK of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent...”(John 6:29)

What ever we believe as truth, will be tested by fire in this life, not the next. What fire could possibly test what we believe? Peter writing to a group of baby Christians tells them this......

1Pe 4:12 BELOVED, THINK IT NOT STRANGE CONCERNING THE FIERY TRIAL WHICH IS TO TRY YOU, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
1Pe 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

I remember was I was very young, I use to like watching “cowboy, and Indian” moves. I thought it was way cool how the Indians would lite their “ARROWS” on fire, and then shoot them at the cowboys wagons, and homes to set them on fire!!! Of course they pretty much all burned to the ground.

The Bible refers to our enemy (Satan) as having “fiery darts” (arrows) that he shoots at us.

Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the SHIELD OF FAITH, wherewith YE SHALL BE ABLE TO QUENCH ALL THE FIERY DARTS OF THE WICKED. (KJV)

Eph 6:16 In addition to all of these, HOLD UP THE SHIELD OF FAITH TO STOP THE FIERY ARROWS OF THE DEVIL. (NLT)

These are not literal darts, and arrows, they are trials and tribulations that seem to us as darts, for they are fiery trials!! Ever have any of these strike your belief system? What is it that quenches these fiery arrows? Faith!!! Faith is in what we believe as true.

If what we believe as truth, and if we fail in the fiery trial, then what we thought was true, was not true at all!!!! Only true faith survives the fire. This is a very hard lesson to learn. How many times do we need to rebuild our house?

The Bible does NOT say what we think it says when we read it, the Bible says what God says it says when we read it. These two are no where near the same thing. If we believe what we think the bible says, it will only be wood, hay ,and stubble!!!
If what we believe is what God says the bible says when we read it, then that is revelation from God himself, and as Jesus once said the gates of hell will not prevail against it!!!

This is why as a citizen of Heaven we need to listen to those who have gone through these trials, and learn from them what building blocks to use that have already been fiery tested!!! The only building blocks that are fire proof are those made out of GOLD, SILVER, and PRECIOUS STONES!!! Wood, hay, and stubble are against the building code of Heaven.

1Co 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because IT SHALL BE REVEALED BY FIRE; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide WHICH HE HATH BUILT thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 IF ANY MAN'S WORK SHALL BE BURNED, HE SHALL SUFFER LOSS: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.