• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Fighting the good fight of faith?

Active
Dear Brother and Sisters.
This may sound dumb to many but what I want to know is what is the fight about? Is it to convince as many of the wicked turn to Jesus for salvation? Or to stand and show evil that our faith will not be shaken?
Thanks guys. :)

Loyal
Eph 6:10; Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.
Eph 6:11; Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.
Eph 6:12; For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Eph 6:13; Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Eph 6:14; Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
Eph 6:15; and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
Eph 6:17; And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Gal 5:16; But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.
Gal 5:17; For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please.

2Tim 4:1; I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom:
2Tim 4:2; preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.
2Tim 4:3; For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,
2Tim 4:4; and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.
2Tim 4:5; But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.
2Tim 4:6; For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come.
2Tim 4:7; I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith;

Last edited:
Loyal
2Tim 4:7; mentions two things, fighting the good fight, and finishing the race.

Heb 12:1; Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
Heb 12:2; fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Heb 12:3; For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Heb 12:4; You have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood in your striving against sin;

Php 3:12; Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.
Php 3:13; Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,
Php 3:14; I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus

Loyal
Rev 2:7; He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the tree of life which is in the Paradise of God.’

Rev 3:1; He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.’

Rev 3:17; He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.’

Rev 3:26; He who overcomes, and he who keeps My deeds until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations;
Rev 3:27; and he shall rule them with a rod of iron, as the vessels of the potter are broken to pieces, as I also have received authority from My Father;
Rev 3:28; and I will give him the morning star.

Rev 4:5; He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Rev 4:12; He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.

Rev 4:21; He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Rom 7:22; For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man,
Rom 7:23; but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members.

Loyal
1Pet 5:8; Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
1Pet 5:9; But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world.

James 4:7; Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

2Cor 2:10; But one whom you forgive anything, I forgive also; for indeed what I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, I did it for your sakes in the presence of Christ,
2Cor 2:11; so that no advantage would be taken of us by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his schemes.

Active
1Pet 5:8; Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
1Pet 5:9; But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world.

James 4:7; Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

2Cor 2:10; But one whom you forgive anything, I forgive also; for indeed what I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, I did it for your sakes in the presence of Christ,
2Cor 2:11; so that no advantage would be taken of us by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his schemes.
Thank you B-A-C. I really appreciate all that. Thank you for taking the time out to share that with me. :)

Loyal
One last passage about being a soldier "in the fight".

2Tim 2:4; No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier.
2Tim 2:5; Also if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.

As with all the Bible verses that were posted, it encompasses both of what you said and much more!