• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Few that find it

Loyal
The Bible seems to say that the majority of people will not be saved.

Matt 7:13; "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
Matt 7:14; "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Someone asked Jesus will just a few be saved? This was His answer.

Luke 13:23; And someone said to Him, "Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?" And He said to them,
Luke 13:24; "Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
Luke 13:25; "Once the head of the house gets up and shuts the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock on the door, saying, 'Lord, open up to us!' then He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know where you are from.'
Luke 13:26; "Then you will begin to say, 'We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets';
Luke 13:27; and He will say, 'I tell you, I do not know where you are from; DEPART FROM ME, ALL YOU EVILDOERS.'
Luke 13:28; "In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but
yourselves being thrown out.

"Many" will seek to enter, but will not be able to. Many will enter the path to destruction, but only a few find the narrow gate that leads to life.
How many is "many" and how many is a few? I don't know. But if the population of the Earth is 8 billion people, and say only 10 percent get saved that's still 800 million people.
It could be more, it might be less, I don't know. But it would seem that "a few" is less than "many".

Depending on which website you get your information from these days... Christianity is 3rd largest religion in the world today. There are more Muslim's and more Hindu's than Christians.
Again, depending on which website you believe, there are as many over 7 million different religions in the world today. But the Bible says all of them are false except 1.

John 14:6; Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
John 10:7; So Jesus said to them again, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
John 10:9; "I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

Jesus is the door. The 'ONLY' door. There is no other way. No one comes to the Father except through Jesus.
That means if there really are 7,000,000 religions in the world today, that 6,999,999 are false religions that won't save you.

Then you have all the atheists that don't affiliate with any religion, they don't believe in any God at all. No one seems to know how many people this includes exactly,
but there are millions of them, possibly billions.

John 3:3; Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:4; Nicodemus *said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?"
John 3:5; Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
John 3:6; "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
John 3:7; "Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
John 3:8; "The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.
"

You can have all the gods you want, all the religions you want, but unless you are born again, you won't be saved.
If you aren't saved, you r name isn't in the Book of Life. The consequences for this are pretty severe.

Rev 20:15; And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
Rev 21:27; and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

The bottom line here is. Not everyone is going to make it, in fact it seems the majority will not. Jesus is the way. He is the 'ONLY' way.

Maybe this doesn't make sense to you, maybe this doesn't seem right to you. Maybe not, but it's what the Bible says. It's what Jesus says.
So like it or not, it's the truth.

Active
Because they feel they need to add some work in order to make it.
They can’t just simply trust in Christ’s work alone.
That’s the problem

Loyal
Everyone wants to "boast" of their accomplishments.

Pro 27:2 Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.

John 12:42 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:
John 12:43 For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

Unbelief =
Choosing to "unbelive" what they "believed" to be true.