• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Female Angels

Loyal
I found one reference to beings that I believe are female angels....Remember.....The word 'angels' refers to these beings good or bad..Satan himself is an angel... and angels come in different types....for example.. angel means messenger but seraph is a warrior....a cherub or plural cherabim is tasked with guard duty etc.....So what do you think....
We know that angels can procreate but they do not.... Anyway.....Can you find more references to female angelic beings?

Loyal
I found one reference to beings that I believe are female angels....Remember.....The word 'angels' refers to these beings good or bad..Satan himself is an angel... and angels come in different types....for example.. angel means messenger but seraph is a warrior....a cherub or plural cherabim is tasked with guard duty etc.....So what do you think....
We know that angels can procreate but they do not.... Anyway.....Can you find more references to female angelic beings?

1. How do you know Angels can procreate? What Bible passages are you using.

2. My understanding based on what I've read is that angels are without gender.
"For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven."- Matthew 23:30

Another question just to get you thinking. Did Jesus die for the sons of the angels, if not why?

Loyal

"For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven."- Matthew 23:30

Another question just to get you thinking. Did Jesus die for the sons of the angels, if not why?

Unfortunately the things we are taught are often based on perception and not Word....
We know that angels can procreate because, for example, in Genesis 6 Fallen angels saw the daughters of men, took them and there were babies as a result.

In heaven it does say there is neither marrying or giving in marriage.....We shall be as the angels in that we will not procreate .....So it seems that even though the angels can procreate....They do not..

Did Jesus die for the sons of angels? Funny question in that it contradicts your statement that the angels are without gender...If they had no gender, how could they have sons? To answer your question though. .....No Jesus dies to save mankind, humans. Not angels

Loyal

We are male and female because we are created in God's image. The two seek each other and return to become a union.
Unfortunately the things we are taught are often based on perception and not Word....
We know that angels can procreate because, for example, in Genesis 6 Fallen angels saw the daughters of men, took them and there were babies as a result.

In heaven it does say there is neither marrying or giving in marriage.....We shall be as the angels in that we will not procreate .....So it seems that even though the angels can procreate....They do not..

Did Jesus die for the sons of angels? Funny question in that it contradicts your statement that the angels are without gender...If they had no gender, how could they have sons? To answer your question though. .....No Jesus dies to save mankind, humans. Not angels

Thanks for the reply. In terms of the Genesis verse the term is Sons of God. My understanding is that angels are not Children of God, we are.

Loyal
We are male and female because we are created in God's image. The two seek each other and return to become a union.

Thanks for the reply. In terms of the Genesis verse the term is Sons of God. My understanding is that angels are not Children of God, we are.
All references in the Old Covenant to 'Sons of God' refer to angels.....We did not become sons of God until we got born again. Now we are truly sons of God by adoption....

Loyal
All references in the Old Covenant to 'Sons of God' refer to angels.....We did not become sons of God until we got born again. Now we are truly sons of God by adoption....
Good point. Let me know what the error is here.

Go to youtube and search "Angels are not sons of God, Steven Anderson". Let me know his error.

Loyal
Good point. Let me know what the error is here.

Go to youtube and search "Angels are not sons of God, Steven Anderson". Let me know his error.

I've listened to this man before.....He studies hard and comes up with a good speech....I have to wonder how much he actually listens to the Holy Spirit....His learning is so cranial.... Where did the giants come from? Look at Genesis What does God speak of first? The giants or the sons of God? Why does he say giants came first? The bible does not say that. Look at verse 4 HaNefilim were on ha’aretz in those yamim; and also after that, when the bnei HaElohim came in unto the banot HaAdam, and they bore children to them, the same became gibborim which were of old, men of renown. They became gibborim? Gibborim (גּבּר, גּבּור) is a Hebrew word that can be glossed "mightiest" which is an intensive for gabar (גּבר) that can be glossed "mighty". Many times it is used of people who are valiant, mighty, or of great stature (giants). So according to this Steven guy men bred with women and gave birth to giants? How?

His error....? How did man become the sons of God without being born again? Since Adam we were dead in sin.... All this man's teaching is based on cranial learning....Not on Holy Spirit teaching.

Loyal
I've listened to this man before.....He studies hard and comes up with a good speech....I have to wonder how much he actually listens to the Holy Spirit....His learning is so cranial.... Where did the giants come from? Look at Genesis What does God speak of first? The giants or the sons of God? Why does he say giants came first? The bible does not say that. Look at verse 4 HaNefilim were on ha’aretz in those yamim; and also after that, when the bnei HaElohim came in unto the banot HaAdam, and they bore children to them, the same became gibborim which were of old, men of renown. They became gibborim? Gibborim (גּבּר, גּבּור) is a Hebrew word that can be glossed "mightiest" which is an intensive for gabar (גּבר) that can be glossed "mighty". Many times it is used of people who are valiant, mighty, or of great stature (giants). So according to this Steven guy men bred with women and gave birth to giants? How?

His error....? How did man become the sons of God without being born again? Since Adam we were dead in sin.... All this man's teaching is based on cranial learning....Not on Holy Spirit teaching.
Thanks for the reply. Well said.

Loyal
Are angels male or female?
There is no doubt that every reference to angels in Scripture is in the masculine gender. The Greek word for “angel” in the New Testament, angelos, is in the masculine form. In fact, a feminine form of angelosdoes not exist. There are three genders in grammar—masculine (he, him, his), feminine (she, her, hers), and neuter (it, its). Angels are never referred to in any gender other than masculine. In the many appearances of angels in the Bible, never is an angel referred to as “she” or “it.” Furthermore, when angels appeared, they were always dressed as human males (Genesis 18:2, 16; Ezekiel 9:2). No angel ever appears in Scripture dressed as a female.

The only named angels in the Bible—Michael, Gabriel, Lucifer—had male names and all are referred to in the masculine. “Michael and his angels” (Revelation 12:7); “Mary was greatly troubled at his [Gabriel’s] words” (Luke 1:29); “Oh, Lucifer, son of the morning” (Isaiah 14:12). Other references to angels are always in the masculine gender. In Judges 6:21, the angel holds a staff in “his” hand. Zechariah asks an angel a question and reports that “he” answered (Zechariah 1:19). The angels in Revelation are all spoken of as “he” and their possessions as “his” (Revelation 10:1, 5; 14:19; 16:2, 4, 17; 19:17; 20:1).

Who were the sons of God and daughters of men in Genesis 6:1-4?
Genesis 6:1-4 refers to the sons of God and the daughters of men. There have been several suggestions as to who the sons of God were and why the children they had with daughters of men grew into a race of giants (that is what the word Nephilim seems to indicate).

The three primary views on the identity of the sons of God are 1) they were fallen angels, 2) they were powerful human rulers, or 3) they were godly descendants of Seth intermarrying with wicked descendants of Cain. Giving weight to the first theory is the fact that in the Old Testament the phrase “sons of God” always refers to angels (Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7). A potential problem with this is in Matthew 22:30, which indicates that angels do not marry. The Bible gives us no reason to believe that angels have a gender or are able to reproduce. The other two views do not present this problem.

The weakness of views 2) and 3) is that ordinary human males marrying ordinary human females does not account for why the offspring were “giants” or “heroes of old, men of renown.” Further, why would God decide to bring the flood on the earth (Genesis 6:5-7) when God had never forbade powerful human males or descendants of Seth to marry ordinary human females or descendants of Cain? The oncoming judgment of Genesis 6:5-7 is linked to what took place in Genesis 6:1-4. Only the obscene, perverse marriage of fallen angels with human females would seem to justify such a harsh judgment.

Loyal
Are angels male or female?
There is no doubt that every reference to angels in Scripture is in the masculine gender. The Greek word for “angel” in the New Testament, angelos, is in the masculine form. In fact, a feminine form of angelosdoes not exist. There are three genders in grammar—masculine (he, him, his), feminine (she, her, hers), and neuter (it, its). Angels are never referred to in any gender other than masculine. In the many appearances of angels in the Bible, never is an angel referred to as “she” or “it.” Furthermore, when angels appeared, they were always dressed as human males (Genesis 18:2, 16; Ezekiel 9:2). No angel ever appears in Scripture dressed as a female.

The only named angels in the Bible—Michael, Gabriel, Lucifer—had male names and all are referred to in the masculine. “Michael and his angels” (Revelation 12:7); “Mary was greatly troubled at his [Gabriel’s] words” (Luke 1:29); “Oh, Lucifer, son of the morning” (Isaiah 14:12). Other references to angels are always in the masculine gender. In Judges 6:21, the angel holds a staff in “his” hand. Zechariah asks an angel a question and reports that “he” answered (Zechariah 1:19). The angels in Revelation are all spoken of as “he” and their possessions as “his” (Revelation 10:1, 5; 14:19; 16:2, 4, 17; 19:17; 20:1).

Genesis 6:1-4 refers to the sons of God and the daughters of men. There have been several suggestions as to who the sons of God were and why the children they had with daughters of men grew into a race of giants (that is what the word Nephilim seems to indicate).

The three primary views on the identity of the sons of God are 1) they were fallen angels, 2) they were powerful human rulers, or 3) they were godly descendants of Seth intermarrying with wicked descendants of Cain. Giving weight to the first theory is the fact that in the Old Testament the phrase “sons of God” always refers to angels (Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7). A potential problem with this is in Matthew 22:30, which indicates that angels do not marry. The Bible gives us no reason to believe that angels have a gender or are able to reproduce. The other two views do not present this problem.

The weakness of views 2) and 3) is that ordinary human males marrying ordinary human females does not account for why the offspring were “giants” or “heroes of old, men of renown.” Further, why would God decide to bring the flood on the earth (Genesis 6:5-7) when God had never forbade powerful human males or descendants of Seth to marry ordinary human females or descendants of Cain? The oncoming judgment of Genesis 6:5-7 is linked to what took place in Genesis 6:1-4. Only the obscene, perverse marriage of fallen angels with human females would seem to justify such a harsh judgment.

What about the two women with wings? Angels? Possibly. I know of no other humanoid creatures with wings....

Loyal
I think he means this

Zechariah 5:9
Then I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, two women coming forward! The wind was in their wings. They had wings like the wings of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between earth and heaven.

Loyal
Surely you have heard that matter and energy cannot be destroyed, only changed in form? Why is it so hard to believe that angels can take the form they want? Perhaps they cannot create more angels, but they can create a seed of their own while in physical form and insert it into a female egg creating half breeds. If they want to assume female form, they can of course, but only if it will further their plans or missions.

Loyal
I think he means this

Zechariah 5:9
Then I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, two women coming forward! The wind was in their wings. They had wings like the wings of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between earth and heaven.

That's the one

Loyal
Surely you have heard that matter and energy cannot be destroyed, only changed in form? Why is it so hard to believe that angels can take the form they want? Perhaps they cannot create more angels, but they can create a seed of their own while in physical form and insert it into a female egg creating half breeds. If they want to assume female form, they can of course, but only if it will further their plans or missions.

Where do you read that angels can assume different forms? Is this how the fallen angels got human women pregnant? Really? Do you have scripture?

Loyal
Psa 91:4 He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.

Does God have "wings"? Is he a angel?

Loyal
Where do you read that angels can assume different forms? Is this how the fallen angels got human women pregnant? Really? Do you have scripture?
Enoch 17:1
And they took and brought me to a place in which those who were there were like flaming fire, and, when they wished, they appeared as men.

Enoch 19:1
And Uriel said to me: "Here shall stand the angels who have connected themselves with women, and thier spirits assuming many different forms are defiling mankind and shall lead them astray into sacrificing to demons as gods, here shall they stand, till the day of the great judgement in which they shall be judged till they are made an end of.

Gen 19
19 Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening as Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom. When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them and [a]bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 And he said, “Now behold, my lords, please turn aside into your servant’s house, and spend the night, and wash your feet; then you may rise early and go on your way.” They said however, “No, but we shall spend the night in the square.” 3 Yet he urged them strongly, so they turned aside to him and entered his house; and he prepared a feast for them, and baked unleavened bread, and they ate.

They ate, spirits dont eat physical food.

Hebrews 1:7-14
7 And of the angels He says,
“Who makes His angels winds,
And His ministers a flame of fire.”
8 But of the Son He says,
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
And the righteous scepter is the scepter of [h]His kingdom.
9 “You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness above Your companions.”
10 And,
“You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the works of Your hands;
11 They will perish, but You remain;
And they all will become old like a garment,
12 And like a mantle You will roll them up;
Like a garment they will also be changed.
But You are the same,
And Your years will not come to an end.”
13 But to which of the angels has He ever said,
“Sit at My right hand,
Until I make Your enemies
A footstool for Your feet”?
14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

Loyal
Are all of the angels mentioned in scripture heavenly beings? If some of them, as for instance John the Baptist, are simply people sent with a message from God, are not women also at times called by God to carry a message?

Loyal
And they took and brought me to a place in which those who were there were like flaming fire, and, when they wished, they appeared as men.

And Uriel said to me: "Here shall stand the angels who have connected themselves with women, and thier spirits assuming many different forms are defiling mankind and shall lead them astray into sacrificing to demons as gods, here shall they stand, till the day of the great judgement in which they shall be judged till they are made an end of.

Gen 19
19 Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening as Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom. When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them and [a]bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 And he said, “Now behold, my lords, please turn aside into your servant’s house, and spend the night, and wash your feet; then you may rise early and go on your way.” They said however, “No, but we shall spend the night in the square.” 3 Yet he urged them strongly, so they turned aside to him and entered his house; and he prepared a feast for them, and baked unleavened bread, and they ate.

10 And,
But You are the same,
“Sit at My right hand,
14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

You're quoting the book of Enoch?

Gen 19

10 And,
But You are the same,
“Sit at My right hand,

So how does this verse line up with Psalm 104:4?

They ate, spirits don't eat physical food.
You're sure of this are you?

Loyal
You're quoting the book of Enoch?

So how does this verse line up with Psalm 104:4?

They ate, spirits don't eat physical food.
You're sure of this are you?
Hang on to whatever you believe in. I am not someone who will force feed anyone. Its just not in my nature.