• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Feeling down this week

If anyone reads this if you will please send a prayer out for my walk with Jesus and my family.
I'm about to be a single mom of 2 beautiful boys. I believe in all my heart that a divorce is not the answer for my family. My husband still doesn't want it to work. This past week has been hard. As unloving as it sounds I've barely been able to study the bible. I feel bad that about that alone after all that God has done for me. I've asked God for forgiveness 500x's and I know the word says he's forgiven me already. Maybe I can't forgive myself. I feel like the spirit of depression is attacking me very strong. I keep mentally trying to push it off and I keep praying. I feel like I need to quit focusing on if this marriage is God's will and just focus on Jesus only. Pls pray that depression departs and that the joy of the Lord overwhelms my heart and mind pls.

Active
"Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." (Hebrews 13:20-21)

Loyal
If anyone reads this if you will please send a prayer out for my walk with Jesus and my family.
I'm about to be a single mom of 2 beautiful boys. I believe in all my heart that a divorce is not the answer for my family. My husband still doesn't want it to work. This past week has been hard. As unloving as it sounds I've barely been able to study the bible. I feel bad that about that alone after all that God has done for me. I've asked God for forgiveness 500x's and I know the word says he's forgiven me already. Maybe I can't forgive myself. I feel like the spirit of depression is attacking me very strong. I keep mentally trying to push it off and I keep praying. I feel like I need to quit focusing on if this marriage is God's will and just focus on Jesus only. Pls pray that depression departs and that the joy of the Lord overwhelms my heart and mind pls.

Greetings @Mchica26 ,
Yes we will be praying !

On another note, you said you know God Forgives you but maybe you can't forgive you.

Yep, that's about right because it's our enemy the devil, you know the ACCUSER of the Brethren at work.
he is trying to destroy you from the inside out.

he needs your thinking to line up with His and not The Written Word Of God.

You also mentioned maybe you should forget about all this and put forth more attention unto the Lord.

Yes indeed !!
I am sure you have been praying alot over this and listening for direction from the Father.

Far too much of the time our minds and hearts get boggled up or consumed with what we are dealing with and as hard as we try to hear from God our minds and hearts simple are to noisy to hear.

Forgive your spouse and walk in God's Love and lay this at His feet and tell Him you Will Trust Him with this and focus on Him and His Word.

You will know what He wants you to do this way.
Stay Strong in the Lord
Blessings
W4F

Active
In the name of Jesus depression depart from mchica26 she is our sister in Christ!

We claim the blood of Jesus over her and psalm 91 where she is sheltered under Gods wings.

Staff Member
Praying for you in these trying times. That you might receive Peace through our Almighty God's Work in your life. That through His work, all conflicts are resolved according to His will for you in your life. Through His Son Jesus Christ. Amen.

Sorry I haven't made any replies.. I'm very grateful for this site!
For a good report on January 2 my husband opened up on his own about getting back together. We've spent every day together since that day. We still have a lot of unresolved issues that we will have to work through gradually but I'm grateful that he is opening up.
I'm continually seeking God's will for this marriage since it is still at a very vulnerable and brittle stage.
I know God wants us to be there for each other and him being my husband to be there for him, but I feel like some of the issues we have I shouldn't settle for. I don't if it's God ministering to me or just plain out feelings.
I'm not saying my husband is ashamed of me but it's almost like he doesn't want anyone to know we're working things out. For this subject the verse Matthew 10:33 "If you deny me before men I'll deny you before my father in heaven." I feel like why should I continue to let you stay the night if you act afraid or stand offish about people knowing about us? Which goes back to I'm not sure if I'm just being in my emotions or if God is telling me not to let him just come and go as he pleases when I'm being fully committed to him, his well being, and happiness.
I'm grateful for all the prayer, support, and help y'all give! I pray God blesses this website mightily in Jesus name!

Staff Member
@Mchica26
Dear Sister,
Are you still living in your mom's house?
If so, what are her thoughts on the situation?
I ask this, because she's probably the closest, but separate person that is involved with what is going on. Of cause whether she is a believer or not also must be considered.

Also, I'm not quite sure if in your postings you mentioned whether your husband has become a believer? I mean he goes/went to church, but that in truth doesn't mean that he is. Probably the most important part of what you're going through. Because in the relationship, because if he is not, he will eventually either go away, or stay and be converted. Because your marriage needs to one in Christ Jesus.

Another also.....how's your walk with the Lord going? Are you starting out the day in prayer, reading His Word, setting aside time with everything else going on to spend time with your God? Maybe, even spending time, instead of watching videos with the husband. Maybe, getting into a Bible Study?

No critique on the videos, because the wife and me also enjoy an occasional time watching them. Like going to the movies, but cheaper! :)

The spiritual standing questions I ask, because every family needs to have a spiritual leader/head of the family and in truth it should be him. But minus him in that role, it needs to be you. Especially for the children you have.

Sorry for being all over the place on this, but I'm rushing to get ready to go shopping with the wife!!! :)
So, take care of yourself, stay in prayer!

I will continue to pray for you and your Family.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Sorry I haven't made much of any replies. My husband and I are currently together and living under the same roof. We've had many discussions about respecting our marriage and keeping God first in our marriage. Unfortunately I'm partly hurting in the midst of all of this. I notice my husbands walk doesn't seem as close as mine does. I can see he loves God and listens to worship music. We pray before eating but that's not enough for me. He loves playing pool. But with that comes the Bar scene, because that's the only places he knows to play pool. I feel guilty for even entering a bar but I want him to be happy. I notice he's ok with cussing and drinking a couple beers when he plays. Unfortunately I can feel the pressure of the influence too which makes me feel double minded and emotionally unstable.
I really need to get this off my chest because I don't want to battle with this alone and I don't want to tell my husband. I had an old friend that likes me a lot open up to me about how much he likes me. I felt so guilty because before I mentally shut it out. But I found myself lingering with the thought of committing adultery. In my heart I kept telling myself no this is just a destructive spirit with no good ends. In my mind I was going back and forth with the thought my husband didn't care about hurting me so why should I care as long as he doesn't find out? I don't want to wrestle with this spirit or feeling because I want my family. One roof under God. I hate to sound so open but I really need advice.

Loyal
Three things, one, dont allow yourself to be alone with your old friend. It is when you are alone with him that you will most likely give in to your desires. Two, Tell him, dont text, or mail or email him which can be used against you. Tell him that although you do like him, if he likes you even a little, respect your decision to stay apart and not share any deeper things to avoid problems. If he says he wont cause problems, let him know that he very easily can cause problems unless he respects your choice 100%, not even 99% is acceptable. Last of all, pick our your favorite scripture that encourages you in God's strength to help you overcome wrong desires.
My favorite is Prov 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.

Anyways, speak your verse over and over in your mind until the desires fade and if they come back, continue repeating it. The word of God is living and active and sharper than any 2 edged sword. And it can replace bad thoughts with good powerful thoughts.

Loyal
@Mchica26

Our friend @Brad Huber has given you some good advice. Abide by it and I would also suggest increasing your prayer and Bible reading time as much as you can. I will also be praying for you, your husband and the friend who is attractive to you.

Active
Sorry I haven't made much of any replies. My husband and I are currently together and living under the same roof. We've had many discussions about respecting our marriage and keeping God first in our marriage. Unfortunately I'm partly hurting in the midst of all of this. I notice my husbands walk doesn't seem as close as mine does. I can see he loves God and listens to worship music. We pray before eating but that's not enough for me. He loves playing pool. But with that comes the Bar scene, because that's the only places he knows to play pool. I feel guilty for even entering a bar but I want him to be happy. I notice he's ok with cussing and drinking a couple beers when he plays. Unfortunately I can feel the pressure of the influence too which makes me feel double minded and emotionally unstable.
I really need to get this off my chest because I don't want to battle with this alone and I don't want to tell my husband. I had an old friend that likes me a lot open up to me about how much he likes me. I felt so guilty because before I mentally shut it out. But I found myself lingering with the thought of committing adultery. In my heart I kept telling myself no this is just a destructive spirit with no good ends. In my mind I was going back and forth with the thought my husband didn't care about hurting me so why should I care as long as he doesn't find out? I don't want to wrestle with this spirit or feeling because I want my family. One roof under God. I hate to sound so open but I really need advice.

Loving God is honoring your marriage. The Christian in the relationship never leaves. If they are with an unbeliever, the unbeliever is sanctified.

Run from adultery. Marriage is a wonderful thing that God can bless. There will be good days. God hates divorce. Jesus says in Matt 5:32 only adultery is grounds for it. That is because the person who commits the adultery has left the relationship. Adultery is a sin that in the OT God saw fit to apply capital punishment of stoning to death to it. Think on that when you entertain your thoughts. Christianity 101 is judging ourselves and working out our salvation in fear and trembling. God will not be mocked. An adulterer will not be in heaven.

Honor your marriage!!! Even if it feels like it is nothing special.