• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Federal Marriage Amendment Petition

Greetings,

I'm asking for your help & support in getting this Amendment passed through Congress. Rod Parsley is currently collecting signatures for a petition to ban same sex marriages. As Christians we can not sit back & let this go unnoticed, we must speak up for God. It is clear in Leviticus 18:22 that this immoral & wrong. Please go to Pastor Parsley's web-site & sign the on-line petition & show your support for God's Word. His web site is:

www.breakthrough.net

It's fast, easy & painless. Together we can make a differance, amen?

Peace be with you all, thanks,
Michael

Administrator
Staff Member
Reallly? I didn't hear about it (don't watch news much anyway). Is it a particular state or the entire country? I surely hope so.

I get frustrated and confused when it comes to mixing politics with religion and my own personal faith. I dont want to make other people believe what I do by force, but then again I want to protect the nation's morality. Is there a logical way to balance all this out? I know things shouldn't have to be this complicated, but maybe im seeing it from a faulty perspective? Anyone have an opinion I can use? Thanks :)

We have been asked by church to write a letter and given a list of important people to address it to, but will it do any good, I also think there is power in prayer, but the world is so sinful and without wanting to know our God, I wonder will it be of any use writing or just binned.

Jesus asked me to tell you that homosexuality is not wrong. He wants you to know any loving, nurturing, constructive relationship is a gift from God. Obviously, he is not in favor of any legislation that would hurt one of his children.

Administrator
Staff Member
I'm curious..but whats with the "---------------" posts from Al and acts936?

Is there a bug going around? :p

this is for Paul....Do you realize why Sodom and Gamorrah were destroyed? I was because of the immorality which included Homosexuallity.

Paul said:
Jesus asked me to tell you that homosexuality is not wrong. He wants you to know any loving, nurturing, constructive relationship is a gift from God. Obviously, he is not in favor of any legislation that would hurt one of his children.
Jesus loves everyone no matter who they are or what they do - but He is a holy God and cannot condone sin.You said "Jesus asked me to tell you -----" . God says thru the Apostle Paul --

Rom. 1:18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of THEIR ERROR which was meet.
28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

When we say we "hear" God speak its His Spirit we are hearing.
But other spirts try to speak to us also and fool us into thinking its from God.There are many voices and spirits in the world. God tells us in His Word what He thinks and wills. The Spirit of God will not speak anything contrary to His Word.The Word of God is our safeguard. If any one or any spirit says the opposite dont believe it.

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Cor 11: 13For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light

Eph. 3: 6Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

7Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Paul said:

Obviously you should read His book and get to know Him before you try to speak for Him.

jje4jesus said:
I get frustrated and confused when it comes to mixing politics with religion and my own personal faith. I dont want to make other people believe what I do by force, but then again I want to protect the nation's morality. Is there a logical way to balance all this out? I know things shouldn't have to be this complicated, but maybe im seeing it from a faulty perspective? Anyone have an opinion I can use? Thanks :)

Good question. It is confusing but God is not the author of confusion is He. I think our best response to the moral state of our country rests in this one verse and if we as the Body of Christ will be deligent in this we will see wonderful results.
2Chronicles 7:14
*Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and heal their land.

Paul said:

So many people get this wrong. Try and remember that Love does NOT trump TRUTH that is God's word.

I am saved, my brother is not. I love him. He askes me to go with him to a strip club to celebrate his recent promotion. I say no, he says "if you love me, you will come" ...etc... If I go, it is in love that I sin. Guess what, it's still wrong. God will not allow sin to be present with him in heaven (period). The means (sin) do not justify the ends (love). God doesn't change on the issue of sin being in his presence. He only changed how he deals with our sin. (his son Jesus, instead of the blood of an actual lamb)

The sin of homosexuality is NO different in the eyes of the Lord than stealing, or murder, or coveting. It is only different in the eyes of society in that society has come to eccept homosexuality as an exceptable way of life. It is a "victimless crime" so to speak. The same society has come to eccept, abortion, gambling and also see prostitution as a "victimless crime". All the while our God has NEVER changed his mind on this matter. It is sin. He will not have it in his kingdom. Ever! Period! Plain and simple. If you see it as something other than sin, then you are blinded by the prince of lies, and you need to pray for decernment.

Knowing that it is simply sin, lets change some words in the origonal statement by Paul...
Paul said:
Jesus asked me to tell you that Hitler was not wrong. He wants you to know that because Hitler loved his girlfriend...any loving, nurturing, constructive leader is a gift from God. Obviously, he is not in favor of any war that would hurt one of his children. Such as Hitler.

Love does not trump truth.
God bless,
Nigh

Paul said:

I agree with Jiggyfly ! Why would Jesus ask you to do anything for him ? Jiggy . Maybe Dr. Jeremiah can prescribe something for this guy ! lol Mike

BROTHERSINARMST4G said:
I agree with Jiggyfly ! Why would Jesus ask you to do anything for him ? Jiggy . Maybe Dr. Jeremiah can prescribe something for this guy ! lol Mike
LOL your too much! I may need something to help me stop laughing!

Nigh said:
So many people get this wrong. Try and remember that Love does NOT trump TRUTH that is God's word.

I am saved, my brother is not. I love him. He askes me to go with him to a strip club to celebrate his recent promotion. I say no, he says "if you love me, you will come" ...etc... If I go, it is in love that I sin. Guess what, it's still wrong. God will not allow sin to be present with him in heaven (period). The means (sin) do not justify the ends (love). God doesn't change on the issue of sin being in his presence. He only changed how he deals with our sin. (his son Jesus, instead of the blood of an actual lamb)

The sin of homosexuality is NO different in the eyes of the Lord than stealing, or murder, or coveting. It is only different in the eyes of society in that society has come to eccept homosexuality as an exceptable way of life. It is a "victimless crime" so to speak. The same society has come to eccept, abortion, gambling and also see prostitution as a "victimless crime". All the while our God has NEVER changed his mind on this matter. It is sin. He will not have it in his kingdom. Ever! Period! Plain and simple. If you see it as something other than sin, then you are blinded by the prince of lies, and you need to pray for decernment.

Knowing that it is simply sin, lets change some words in the origonal statement by Paul...

Love does not trump truth.
God bless,
Nigh
Amen! although there maybe victimless crimes there is no victimless sin. Good post Nigh.

This sounds like a political topic ! It's God's word and God's word alone ! Who care's about the Politics in this . North Korea was important I thought , but no politics ! Just Jesus . Mike

--- he says "if you love me, you will ----------

How many 100 's of times has a woman heard this phrase? Just because a person wants something or, as some say, " it just feels right so it cant be wrong" that does NOT make it right. Only what God says in His word makes a thing right or wrong.

Guys,

I did not intend to turn this into a debate, I was just passing on information. It is difficult for me to just sit back and do nothing for our Lord, after all He has done for us. In case you're wondering what the Lord has done for us lately, read the book, (The Bible). If that doesn't get you, watch the movie, (The Passion). Then re-read the Scripture in James 2:14-26. Faith without works IS dead!

YBIC,
Calvinearl