Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Feasts of the Lord

gentle

The Feasts of the Lord of the old testament is not only for the Jews to celebrate but also for the Christians, those who received Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord. It is an appointed times of the Lord(Lev.23) and in Colossians 2:17 it says that it is a shadow of Jesus, what He will do.

Last edited by a moderator:
The feasts of Passover, Firstfruits and Pentecost have already been fulfilled in the death of Christ (our passover Lamb - 1 Cor 5:17), His ressurection (1 Corinthians 15:20 & 23, Acts 26:23) and the coming of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:1-4), so it is unsure how we are to celebrate them now that they are no longer a shadow, but we have the reality.

Some people believe that the feast of Tabernacles/booths was fulfilled, at least partially, by the Transfiguration - when Elijah and Moses met with Jesus. This explains why Peter wanted to make Booths for the them. (Matt 17:1-13; Mark 9:2-13; Luke 9:22-27)

Personally, I am very much looking forward to the fullfilment of feast of Trumpets - Maranatha!

Thank you sister for your reaction. We can still celebrate the the Spring Feast and it is called Thanksgiving Week in Exodus 13(Living Bible Version).You're right that it had already come to pass that's why it should be celebrated as a Thanksgiving to God for His Gift to wonderful for words (II Cor. 9:15). Maranatha! Jesus come now! The Spring Feasts are preparations also for the Second Coming of Our Lord Jesus bec. the Spring Feast teaches us to repent and change our ways and to live walking in love. So that at the sound of the Trumpet(I Thes.4:16) we'll be with Him bec. as Jesus is, so are we in this world (I Jn.4:17). God bless us sister.

Back