• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Fear

I am asking help because I'm really scared

of what I don't know ...

Life's okay but booking appointments scare me, talking to people at work, offending people, making choices about life - I fear things going wrong so I fear doing things.

Simple things like filling out forms and big things like meeting the right person and getting it right.

I'm so paralysed by fear it is stopping me living and I think I'll always be like this as I keep slipping into this mindset.

No Direction

Your not alone.
Jesus is aways with you, when ever you feel fear of anysort, just say Jesus..over and over. There is power in his name. use it.

Love in CHrist
Janelle

Sleepy my sister. :girl_hug: Here sits someone who was the mistress of fear for 25 years. One bible verse that kept me going all those years is "For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1v7. The real antidote for fear is walking close with Jesus. Once you realise He is walking right beside you, and indeed His Spirit is within you, you will see there is nothing to fear. He is so close you only need to whisper His name.

Another thing you said is about slipping into this mindset. 1 Corinthians 2v16 "For who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ." Christ didn't have fear and neither should we.

Also Romans 12v2 "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..." You need to get into the Word of God, renew your mind it, tell yourself you have the mind of Christ, tell yourself God has not given you a spirit of fear. He loves you so much sleepy and doesn't want you to live like this. :love:

I too suffer from fear of doing things. However lately Jesus has been speaking to me along the lines that if i learn to trust him and give these scarey things over to him it will be all ok. I know from your point of view it might seem like its easy for me to say but in reality it is as easy as that the enemy doesnt want us to just give it over to christ so he makes things seem harder than they are. I will pray for you that you are not overcome by this fear any longer and that christ might intercede in your life in a Huge way!

God Bless You!!

Appius

I to have had fears in my life, when i was young b4 i was born again, i watched an old horror film that made a overwhelming fear come over me, that would not go & for quite a few years of my life i was scared of the devil, in a life stopping way, it faded & i got on with my life. Years later my mum became ill & i watched her fade & die. I then became frozen with fear about cancer to a point i could not function, my life was so bad i blamed my husband for my missery, i told myself i didnt love him, so i left him. I didnt feel any better. Then my cousin came to stay from Australia & talked about God in a way i had not heard b4. So i cried out to God & to cut a long story short he told me to go back to my husband & he would help me. I need to point out that it wasnt easy, but i said all the above scriptures over my self. There is a lot more to say & it was a long slog. That was 3 years ago & just lately i have been having some old feelings, the devil knows our weak points, but God has told me to study about his love for me till i get a revelation, because not all know how much God really loves them, for perfect Love casts out fear! Its not easy when your in that place of fear, i have to choose to be happy & keep my joy, help others etc. when i dont feel like it. When you choose to do the right thing God will meet you where your at. Some prayers would be wonderful if you dont mind because i have very little fellowship. Sorry to hijack this thread Sleepy, but i do know how you feel, God will help you but he wants you to press in. Sorry ive gone on a bit X