• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Favorite Christian Song and who sings it?

What is your favorite song that ministers to you?
I have lots! But currently at the top are;
1) I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me and
2) Without You by Mark Farner
Blessings in Christ............
brother mike

Matt. 22:37-40

Last edited by a moderator:
Brother Mike,
Besides our names, loving Jesus & enjoy fun fellowships, we may have even more in common. My favorite song is I Can Only Imagine as well. My second favorite is a song called "Good Comin' Round" by some guy named Mike Girard, ever heard of it? :) Recently I heard another song that really touches my heart called "Glory, Glory" by Will Mc Farland. I'm told this is an old song, but I never heard of it. Praise God that He blesses indivisuals with this musical gift to minister to us. Great topic thank you, may God bless you Brother,
Michael
Romans 15:7

The one I really like right now; not sure if it would be my fav. :

If we are the Body by Casting Crowns.

Peace be with you,
John.

Still i really like the song
"Through it all" by Hillsong Music
"Take All Of Me" by Hillsong Music

" your labor is not in vain..."

Formerly Adiaglow
Great topic! I have tons of favorites, but my top 2 are:

Jeremy Camp: Walk By Faith
Jeremy Camp: In Your Presence

Pretty much every song by MercyMe is extraordinary! I cannot possibly pick just 1! lol

Hanging on to Jesus,

Gina :D

i Pledge Allegiance to the Lamb, by Ray Boltz,

i pledge allegiance to the Lamb with all my strength with all i am, i seek to honor His commands, i pledge allegiance to the Lamb,,,

this is just a part of the words to it, it's not my favorite, just the one i happen to think of, i don't think i have a single favorite, but it would be in my top 10 list,,

and this one by Julie Miller, "Broken Things" , if any was a favorite this one would be in my top 10,

You can have my heart though it isn't new, it's been used and broken and only comes in blue, it's been down a long road, and it got dirty on the way, if i give it to You will You make it clean, and wash the shame away,
You can have my heart, if You don't mind broken things, You can have my life, if You don't mind these tears, well i heard that You make old things new, so i give these pieces all to You, if You want it You can have my heart,
so beyond repair nothing i could do, i tried to fix it myself but it was only worse when i got through,
then You walked into my darkness, and You speak words so sweet, and You hold me like a child, till my frozen teaars fall at your feet,
you can have my heaart, if You don't mind broken things,

Formerly Adiaglow
Great songs, Kay! :)

I need to add 3 more that I recently discovered that are FABULOUS.

Jeremy Camp: Carried Me
" : Beautiful One
" : Wonderful Maker

I think I'm addicted to this guy's music!!

I rarely remember the name of the singer!

There is much great music out there .... MercyMe is awesome.
Interesting, I have a friend .. maybe not new age, but closer to NA than to God! He can get pretty upset over christians. A few weeks ago I ran into him at the bank, asked what he and the family were doing over the holiday. He said they were taking their vacation and would stop in Denver to go to this concert his friend was doing.
"Have you ever heard of the band, MercyMe?" he asked. I said, of course, "Yes, I know of them. They are fantastic!" Bill replied, "Well, its not really my kind of music, but _______ (??? lead singer??) is my best friend, we went to high school together (or maybe it was college) I immediately thought, "Oh boy, God at work again!" Wonder how long before Bill comes to know the Lord!

Back to favorites .... We Shall Dance by I dont know who .. its an old one
and The Mighty One of Calvary from Urgent Music, also an old one.

Anyway, lots more favorites also!

I'm a passionate supporter of Hillsong and PLanetShakers. Both Australian groups and both Fantastic.

Also, Paradise Community Church (where Guy Sebastian started from) has a pretty great live album out.

I'm a fan opf Live recordings, even though they are only about 20% actual live stuff, the atmosphere they capture far beats a studio album in my mind.

Favourite tracks at the moment are:
- Rain Down - PlanetShakers
- Always - Hillsong Music Australia
- My Hope - Hillsong Music Australia

If you haven't heard Hillsong, I recommend finding somewhere you can listen to some.. even if you have to download some just go hear it...

I'm proud of them, Aussie and kicking!

Administrator
Staff Member
The question was "what is your favorite Christian song". Tupac is not a Christian songwriter Emo.

Chad said:
The question was "what is your favorite Christian song". Tupac is not a Christian songwriter Emo.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you dont believe he is a christian songwriter, then that is your opinion and God Bless you for it!

Ok. I figured you already knew because in a previous post you lied and said you know a lot about Tupac. Well there is something called the 7 year revival that Tupac led about God. Thus why after he died the "7 day theory" became popular that he faked his death and would come back after 7 years ...

The 7 year revival (started by Tupac) started with these lyrics he wrote:

"God
When I was alone, and had nothing
I asked for a friend to help me bear the pain
No one came, except God
When I needed a breath to rise, from my sleep
No one could help me.. except God

When all I saw was sadness, and I needed answers
No one heard me, except God
So when I'm asked.. who I give my unconditional love to?
I look for no other name, except God"

... anyway - you keep saying stuff about Pac that isnt true. Please do not lie. He never talked about murdering anyone. He talked about murder on the streets. Tupac was EXTREMELY anti-violence. If you knew anything about him then you would know this. Again - you lied saying you know his stuff. He did have sexual comments. Who doesnt once in a while? Now - this is controversial. The Bible doesnt talk about marijuana. At all. Marijuana is the ONLY drug Tupac said he would EVER take. The effects of marijuana are more healthy for you than drinking 1 alcoholic drink is. Marijuana can even cure some diseases. Before you type something please be able to back it up.

Chad said:
Right, so forget about GOD's will because you have a "your own special way" to lead people to Christ. Is that by preaching tupac?

Keep in mind you idolize tupac and have all this stuff all about tupac. You seem devoted to tupac instead of Christ from what you've shared with us.

I'm sorry. I think you took what I said wrong. I mean "my own special way" as in whether I shall witness with my mouth, or with my poetry, or with my music or whatever else. That is what I meant. What FORM of ways I will witness.

I Have Soooooo Many , But For Now [ I Know My Redemer Lives - By Nicole Mullin ] Never Gets Old To Me . Mike --big Brother

Ask Mase !!!

DEAR EMO BOYY ... IF TUPAC MINISTERS TO YOU , THATS FINE . IF YOU HAVE SOME INSIDE TIP ON HIS SALVATION , THATS FINE . WE ALL HOPE HE GOT SAVED , HOWEVER GOD GAVE HIM A PLATFORM IN THIS WORLD TO INFLUINCE PEOPLE , AND HIS MUSIC AND REPRESENTATION OF HIS GIFT RUINED MORE YOUNG PEOPLES LIVES AND PERVERTED THE MINDS OF MANY . THE BIBLE SAYS THE ROAD OF A VIOLENT MAN ENDS IN VIOLENCE . MANY YOUNG PEOPLE HAVE EMBRACED HIS VIOLENT LIFESTYLE , AND IN SO ARE REAPING GRAVE CONSEQUENCES . YOU LIVE OUTSIDE OF THE RAP INDUSTRY AND CANT POSSIBLY UNDERSTAND IT'S DEGREGATION OF YOUNG GIRLS AND IT'S ARROGANCE TOWARDS AUTHORITY . IF YOU KNOW ABOUT RAP MUSIC THAN YOU HAVE HEARD OF MASE . LISTEN TO HIS TESTIMONY AND FIND OUT THE TRUTH ABOUT THE TUPACS OF THE WORLD . IF YOU HAVE RESPECT FOR OTHERS , AND HAVE NOT BEEN INFLUINCED BY THE DISRESPECTFULL ATTITUDE OF FOOLISH RAPPERS , THEN SHOW YOUR RESPECT AND CHRISTLIKENESS TOWARD CHAD , AND THE WORK HE IS TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH ON HIS WEBSITE . SHOW YOUR HUMILITY TOWARDS CHAD AS A MAN CALLED OF GOD , AND RESPECT HIS WISHES . BEING PATIENT ... BIG BROTHER

Since We Are Still Asking , I Like The Magnificat , By Phil Driscol . And About At Least A Thousand More . Wittywriter , He Reigns Also Gets My Vote ! Big-brother

I Bowed On My Knees And Cried Holy

I dreamed of a city called Glory,
So bright and so fair.
When I entered that gate I cried, "Holy"
The angels all met me there:
They carried me from mansion to mansion,
And oh what sites I saw.
But I said, "I want to see Jesus,
He's the One who died for all."

Chorus
Then I bowed on my knees and cried,
"Holy, Holy, Holy."