• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Faulty reasoning of those who blame God for evil

Active
Many atheists who claim that God cannot exist rely on this single argument: How can a benevolent God allow so much evil?

I’ll be clear and define evil as any act or belief that causes harm to other human beings.

So it begs the question, why does a benevolent God allow evil? The fault with this argument is that they assume that God allowed evil for the sake of allowing evil. The truth is, God allowed freedom of choice for man, and the CONSEQUENCE of that is the possibility of evil entering into the world where man lives. The presence of evil is simply a byproduct of freedom of choice, not the result of God’s permission.

To totally disallow the presence of evil, God would need to be a tyrant and remove freedom of choice from man, programming the human race to function like robots so they can only choose to do and believe what is good. So my question is: Is God being a tyrant and forcing man to obey Him then acceptable to atheists? Because that is the ONLY way a benevolent God can wipe out the presence of evil right from the start of creation.

Active
The same line of faulty argument then continues because atheists then point their fingers and shake their fists at God, denying His existence and yet saying He is at fault for not stopping the evil that is rampaging the world.

This line of reasoning is even more faulty because they make it seem as though God owes them and should be at their beck and call. Would they use that same attitude of entitlement towards their local authorities and still expect help to come? They demand God to help in times of evil when they would never show the same attitude when they ask for help from their governments, that’s how absurd they are when they blame God for men’s evil actions.

Loyal
The truth is, God allowed freedom of choice for man, and the CONSEQUENCE of that is the possibility of evil entering into the world where man lives.
Evil, rebellion and sins are not just the product of human free will.
There are also fallen angels who are malicious rulers of this world and adversaries to the will and purpose of God for us, his children.
They stoke the flames and pollute what is clean.
Worse they are the source of many false religions and false gospels.

Loyal
John 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him.
When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Active
Man himself is fullly responsible for wickedness, he knows the difference between right and wrong, and almost always chooses the wrong . Watch how people respond when a police car is following them along the highway, they tremble in fear . That alone demonstrates mans thinking. As far as false religions, look at how many people go to the likes of the uniting church, catholic, and hillsong. Cant they read? There is a book called the bible to call upon, if they read it they couldnt possibly be decieved. Mankind is inherently wicked by his own choice. Satan and his demons are relatively weak and can only decieve. Some of us know the truth.

Active
Never under estimate your enemy.
Point taken, he can be very tricky. I have been decieved many times, but thanks to the bible and prayer I overcame his trickery. Catholics and Uniting church etc participants are a different matter, they just accept what is handed to them. Unbelievable but sadly true.

Loyal
Catholics and Uniting church etc participants are a different matter, they just accept what is handed to them.
It is the elect that the enemy pursues with vigour.
And I have seen many a Spirit-filled saint fall away or go into disorderly churches where obedience to the word of God is put aside.
OSAS is a terrible lie.

Active
Evil, rebellion and sins are not just the product of human free will.
There are also fallen angels who are malicious rulers of this world and adversaries to the will and purpose of God for us, his children.
They stoke the flames and pollute what is clean.
Worse they are the source of many false religions and false gospels.

True, but even the evil of fallen angels are a result of the choices made by them. Like man, they were given the freedom to choose to continue in perfect obedience or rebellion. But unlike man, they had perfect and complete knowledge of good and evil when they were created and knew the goodness/righteousness of the God they served. To rebel against that is what made salvation impossible, they have made their final choices for evil and will never repent.

This thread is primarily directed at atheists who use their faulty reasonings and arguments to blaspheme what they don’t understand. I didn’t think bringing in the subject of fallen angels would be of any help since they don’t believe in the supernatural.

Active
It is the elect that the enemy pursues with vigour.
And I have seen many a Spirit-filled saint fall away or go into disorderly churches where obedience to the word of God is put aside.
OSAS is a terrible lie.

Yes, OSAS Calvinism is a lie, a modern version of the teachings of the Nicolaitans as mentioned in Revelations. I talked about it being false years back to many Christians and they called me all kinds of ugly names.

But this is in your favor: You hate the evil deeds of the Nicolaitans, just as I do. Revelation 2:6

(Some background on Nicolaitans: Nicolaitans - Encyclopedia of The Bible - Bible Gateway. Notice the similarity in their views on living in self indulgence as those who believe in OSAS?)

OSAS allows a life of indulgence, sin and worldliness, exactly what the Nicolaitans did in their day. It’s the same old lie “You will not die” for sinning, the lie the serpent told Eve.

For certain people have crept in unnoticed [just as if they were sneaking in by a side door]. They are ungodly persons whose condemnation was predicted long ago, for they distort the grace of our God into decadence and immoral freedom [viewing it as an opportunity to do whatever they want], and deny and disown our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ. Jude 1:4 Amplified

Last edited:
Loyal
Here is "Pure" evil on the highest level of all!

Berean Study Bible(Genesis 3)
“Who told you that you were naked?” asked the LORD God. “HAVE YOU EATEN FROM THE TREE OF WHICH I COMMANDED YOU NOT TO EAT?

"Con you imagine a "CREATURE" made out dirt! Ignoring GOD, and DESPISE the very WORDS that CAME out of a "SOVEREIGN" INFINITE & INCOMPREHENSIBLE BEING
BY DOING SO. The Hawk flew after The BIRD, The WOLF went after The LAMB, The BEAR Devoured The Prey, And The Lightening crack The SKY, and so"DEATH" entered The WORLD.

The Greatest EVIL, every DONE! It was DONE in The GARDEN of EDEN. And A most "HORRIBLE"thing ever recorded in time and ETERNITY to Redeem that
Creature name "ADAM" GOD had to Send HIS ONLY begotten SON into a "HORRIBLE" And Corrupted WORLD that HAD THE STENCH of DEATH that even a GOD had never SMELL or experience.:pensive:

(ROMANS 5)BSB
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, so also death was passed on to all men, because all sinned. For sin was in the world before the law was given; but sin is not taken into account when there is no law. Nevertheless, death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who did not sin in the way that Adam transgressed. He is a pattern of the One to come.…

New American Standard Bible
Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all mankind, because all sinned—

PS .......... IT was A terrible thing For JESUS to come into a SIN Sick world and Die a HORRIBLE and experience DEATH for all MANKIND! Good For us "HORRIBLE For HIM" But His FATHER is Going to make it up to HIM, on That "CORONATION DAY"! When HIS FATHER gives Him "The GIFT".:pensive: I cannot wait to see it, What The FATHER is GOING to GIVE The SON! MY MY MY MY , what a day, what a day that will be!:pensive: "WHAT KIND OF GIFT CAN YOU GIVE A GOD! A SON WHOM YOU LOVE!

New International Version
AND AGAIN, WHEN GOD BRINGS HIS FIRSTBORN INTO THE WORLD, HE SAYS, “LET ALL GOD’S ANGELS WORSHIP HIM.”

If only you TRULY Knew what that meant! I almost lost my mind. when GOD poured The REVELATION into MY SOUL!

I remember one time I told GOD , Don't show me nothing else, i ain't going to read your BOOK no more! Don't show me NOTHING! He didn't listen to me,:eyes::sob:
I tried to hide! The BOOK was in me! LOL! "That Dog didn't HUNT" hehehe! He is a GREAT FATHER!

I have not taught no one, "I POINTED"! For I am a "Pointer" HE is over there, don't ask me, ask HIM! I ain't your GOD! Many have thank me. For pointing and being so bold, they would tell me they cried when i would get through with them, Go tell their wives how i talked to them, Cuss me out behind my back and study so hard to prove me wrong. Then come back for more, when they said, I ain't talking to you no more! We laugh unto we cry. I turn them over to GOD, HE created you, He will teach you, because He said HE would and HE don't LIE!:pensive:

Calling me up asking me something about the BIBLE or GOD! You dig it out, you got everything you need, and I know you got it, because i made sure you got it! So leave me alone. I hang up the phone, bye!:pensive:
AND They have thank me after times has past. Those old pastor use to make me cry too! They Told me to get it. And if a stuttered, they stop me cold! Go Back and Get it right! For you green as s___. I went back in tears and praying hard. And when I approach That Podium. I am going to Approach it right and know what i am talking about "Scripted" Hot of The WIRE, "SYSTEMATICALLY" and 'unScripted"! 10 MINUTES, 15 MINUTES, 30 MINUTES, 1 HOUR. WHAT EVER THE OCCASION CALLS FOR. "I took up speech classes in regular college and "Poetry" and use the "BIBLE" but change some of the words to use in my public appearances, LOL ! They love it and I got all A plus, I was giving them JESUS and they love it. "Rose of Sharron" "Lilly of The VALLEY" "Channel Number 5" " breast like Pomegranate" " let her Buxom satisfy you at all times' " her lips smoother than oil" The teachers love me! They did not know all that stuff was in the BIBLE! Now why would you embrace a strange women" I did take up speech, and i learn to speak poetry "Like Michelangelo Painted Picture" Like "Ezekiel" Preach to the people of GOD, Like "AMBROSE" preached to "AUGUSTINE" and (GOLDEN MOUTH,) Bishop "JOHN CHRYSOSTOM ">
Quotes:
A comprehended god is no god.
Slander is worse than cannibalism.
No one can harm the man who does himself no wrong.
Hell is paved with priest skulls

My soul is lace with men like this, "AutoBiographies" how they live and the fire they came under, "Huss" KNOX" " LUTHER", POLYCARP, ATHANASIUS, AUGUSTINE, Thomas Aquinas know as "Doctor Angelicus",TYNDALE, and JOHN CALVIN better know as "The Theologian" WHITFIELD, EDWARDS, G CAMPBELL MORGAN and a host More, what a life they lived and Proclaiming "The GOSPEL ACCORDING to JESUS CHRIST" and not according how they saw it. But how JESUS proclaim it Bold and to the point of death.

The Proclamation of "The GOSPEL ACCORDING TO JESUS CHRIST" ain't no JOKE! It takes a lot of praying, and lot of studying, a lot of "MEDITATING' and a lot of memorization of The BIBLE, and READING The BIBLE so it has become a part of YOU!

You have to learn how to follow the "HOLY SPIRIT" and know the Difference in your spirit and the "HOLY SPIRIT" and OTHER "SPIRITS' a good "spirit" is not "The HOLY SPIRIT" a feel good spirit os not "THE Holy SPIRIT" it takes years to follow the HOLY Spirit in Your writings in your speaking, in your lecturing and in your "PREACHING". The HOLY SPIRT teaches us which way to speak and how to speak it. on different occasion. It Always agree with the WORD of GOD so while you are speaking you are searching the SCRIPTURES at the same time, whether the things you are speaking is in agreement with THE WORD Of GOD, YOUR "SPIRITUAL mind scans the whole BIBLE in a Twinkling of an eye. And if you have not but the whole bible in you, how can it scan what is not in you! And if the bible is in you, only in parts it only scans what you have in parts. And other voices that does not identify with the "WORD of GOD" is not the "SPIRIT" of GOD. You might think it is! "Emily POST" is not the "SPIRIT of The LIVING GOD" and it takes no Lessons from her! And he does not read her "etiquette" books.

Berean Study Bible(John 16)
However, when the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak what He hears, and He will declare to you what is to come.

John 14:26
But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you OF EVERYTHING I HAVE TOLD YOU.

if you have not Read what The "WORD of GOD" has ssid,
it ain't in you You make have the SPIRIT in YOU But Not The WORD OF GOD in you!:eyes:

New King James Version
Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come— In the volume of the book it is written of Me— To do Your will, O God.’ ”

Ezekiel 2:9
Then I looked and saw a hand reaching out to me, and in it was a scroll,
Ezekiel 3:1
"Son of man," He said to me, "eat what you find here. Eat this scroll, then go and speak to the house of Israel.":pensive:

The lord created us in his image he wanted a family to live with and to love
What he doesn’t want is a bunch of robots so he gave us free will and with that some people choose to do evil
Atheists will argue that god is cruel for flooding the earth in genesis and killing the people but the people were wicked they corrupted the earth they killed thier children they ate each other and engaged in occult practices
I love debates and this one is against an atheist I found interesting
It’s all about free will and what you choose to do with it
Pray for the atheists they too may come to know the lord
Shalom

Active
The lord created us in his image he wanted a family to live with and to love
What he doesn’t want is a bunch of robots so he gave us free will and with that some people choose to do evil
Atheists will argue that god is cruel for flooding the earth in genesis and killing the people but the people were wicked they corrupted the earth they killed thier children they ate each other and engaged in occult practices
I love debates and this one is against an atheist I found interesting
It’s all about free will and what you choose to do with it
Pray for the atheists they too may come to know the lord
Shalom

The flood was here because of the nephilims/giants, the offspring of angelic beings and human women. They were cannabilistic giants and only Noah’s bloodline was not contaminated. Christians in the west deny the story of the nephilims even though clear as day King David fought against a nephilim called Goliath as recorded.

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them

True Bible scholars would admit that the “sons of God” in Genesis refers to angels.

The fallen angels have been tampering with human DNA since the time of Noah and they are doing the very same thing with genetic engineering/alien abductions today. As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the coming of the Son of Man.

Even prophet Daniel talked about this interbreeding between fallen angels and human women happening in the last kingdom of Nebuchadnezzar’s dream in the time of his exile in Babylon:

Daniel 2:43 KJV
And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men:

Active
The flood was here because of the nephilims/giants, the offspring of angelic beings and human women. They were cannabilistic giants and only Noah’s bloodline was not contaminated. Christians in the west deny the story of the nephilims even though clear as day King David fought against a nephilim called Goliath as recorded.

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them
Well then the flood didn't work, did it. Or else Noah's bloodline was also contaminated.

Rhema