• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

family visits

Prayer and counsel aswell.

I need prayer for me to be more confident in Christ and not allow what I think others maybe thinking of me bother me. I need prayer to be able to relax and be myself and be happy with who God is creating me to be.

I am talking about my brother in law and his wife are visiting and I am getting anxious over it, and I need to stop. I feel uncomfortable when I am with them and get nervous. I just doubt myself and don't feel so great about myself when they are around. We live very different lifestyles and do not have alot in common. I sometimes think they are judging me and certainly aren't interested in me, though I have tried to get to know them. I find conversation very tedious and I just don't enjoy their company very much. And I think what's the point of them visiting, just because we are family, I know it is out of duty not because they want to spend time with us. Because we are the same with them, we really didn't want to visit at Christmas, but we did because it's family. To me it's all very fake and pointless. (spoilt brat tantrum lol!)

So how do I stay focused on the Lord and be a kind and gracious host and just not let them get to me?

Prayer needed for grace and confidence and a change of attitude.

:love:Calluna

Staff Member
Dear Lord,

I am sure that without your grace we are all quite distasteful. Thankyou for loving us in all our dirtiness and filth. Thankyou Lord for putting up with us as well as putting us up, to be with you the King of Glory, to give us rest and shelter ... a home with you.
Lord Jesus, please send great peace to Calluna now and fill her with expectation of your love to be shared. Lord I ask you cleanse her mind of all negative thoughts and replace them with the wonder of your love. Please also Lord pour out your joy upon her now, that she can brighten the atmosphere with your light and love.
Thank you Jesus... you are faithful and true.
Bless you dear Lord... amen.