• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Family issues

It starts off with my brother. He is now eighteen, and still is very immature. He goes off with friends and does all sorts of drugs comes home and we that are standing upright have to feel the wrath of his drug abuse. Today has pushed me to the limits. He got in an argument with my grandfather (who owns this house that seven family members live in) about him buying drugs for my dad, which he does. So he likes to treat every one in this house like they are fools and act like he doesn't do it. Well he raised his voice and disrespected my sweet old grandfather. I hate it. I want so badly to whoop em' but the christian in me says its not the right thing. I just wish I could do something, I have tried talking to him many times and I get nothing. Any advice would help. Thanks God bless!

junixmike said:
It starts off with my brother. He is now eighteen, and still is very immature. He goes off with friends and does all sorts of drugs comes home and we that are standing upright have to feel the wrath of his drug abuse. Today has pushed me to the limits. He got in an argument with my grandfather (who owns this house that seven family members live in) about him buying drugs for my dad, which he does. So he likes to treat every one in this house like they are fools and act like he doesn't do it. Well he raised his voice and disrespected my sweet old grandfather. I hate it. I want so badly to whoop em' but the christian in me says its not the right thing. I just wish I could do something, I have tried talking to him many times and I get nothing. Any advice would help. Thanks God bless!
Junixmike, Just a few days ago a sixteen year old boy in my area got so tired of his parents growing marijuana inside their house and using and dealing other drugs there, he called the sheriff, gave the sheriff some evidence to support "probable cause" for a search warrant. The result? The house was raided, mom and dad were caught with the pot and drug paraphernalia and were arrested.

Your post made me think that you need to take some similar action. You can make a difference in your family.

SLE

Thank you so much for that advice and support LED. I have thought about it before and now will strongly pray and think about acting. God bless you brother LED

God is with you

Hi my dear sister, I feel your situation God will step up for you amen. This is what the Spirt has led me to tell you:
1. Forgive him
2. Pray day and night
3. Fast 3 days
4. Pray in the Spirit when ever you can wait for your breakthrough

Wow, brother! I feel your hurt, anger, frustration and desperation concerning your brother. I also have a brother who does drugs and brings it into my Mom's home where he is currently living which is so frustrating. My other brother, sisters and I have all tried confronting him and my Mom who is being an enabler with our little brother. What I have personally discovered is this type of approach doesn't work well because the person doing the drugs (as well as the enabler) are both sick and in denial about how bad the situation is. Anything I have personally tried to do in my flesh regarding this situation without the leading fo the Spirit has failed and sometimes caused more problems.

I think that charity has it right...prayer is the much needed ingredient in this situation. Stay in a constant state of prayer as the Bible urges for your family; your brother in particular. Since I have released this situation totally to the Lord concerning my brother and Mom, God has granted me peace about it. Believe it or not, I think we're beginning to see some changes in my brother altho they are happening slowly.

Continue to love your brother as this is a powerful witness to him. It's important for him to see that the things you do and say come from a heart of love for him. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes someone coming to the end of themselves in a traumatic way, but that's for God to decide...in His way and His time. Hey, I'll be praying for you mike! I will ask the Lord to strengthen your inner man as it talks about in Ephesians as you continue to live in this situation. Love your brother....pray for your brother...and follow the Lord's leading on this.

In His Love

Thank you all for your advice and support. I have been praying about it. I had a visit from a blessed friend I have known for a some time now. He knows me very well also, he noticed that my family issues were bothering me. He told me to let it be my strength and help me move forward in life knowing that I tried the best I could to help them.
I talked to him about telling the authorities, and we both ended up agreeing that no one is going to chang unless THEY want to do the changing. Lord bless all my brothers and sisters who have gave advice and listened to my problem, In Jesus precious name, AMEN.