• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

False Teachings/End Times !

We are Unitarian Universalists
by Marta Flanagan
Are you looking for a religious home?

Unitarian Universalists say:
"I want a religion that respects the differences between people and affirms every person as an individual."
"I want a church that values children, that welcomes them on their own terms...a church they are eager to attend on Sunday morning."

"I want a congregation that cherishes freedom and encourages open dialogue on questions of faith, one in which it is okay to change your mind."
"I want a religious community that affirms spiritual exploration and reason as ways of finding truth."

"I want a church that acts locally and thinks globally on the great issues of our time...world peace; women's rights; racial justice; homelessness; gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender rights; and protection of the environment."
What We Believe
Unitarian Universalism is a liberal religion born of the Jewish and Christian traditions. We keep our minds open to the religious questions people have struggled with in all times and places.
We believe that personal experience, conscience, and reason should be the final authorities in religion. In the end religious authority lies not in a book, person, or institution, but in ourselves. We put religious insights to the test of our hearts and minds.

We uphold the free search for truth. We will not be bound by a statement of belief. We do not ask anyone to subscribe to a creed. We say ours is a noncreedal religion. Ours is a free faith. We believe that religious wisdom is ever changing. Human understanding of life and death, the world and its mysteries, is never final. Revelation is continuous. We celebrate unfolding truths known to teachers, prophets, and sages throughout the ages.

We affirm the worth of all women and men. We believe people should be encouraged to think for themselves. We know people differ in their opinions and lifestyles, and we believe these differences generally should be honored. We seek to act as a moral force in the world, believing that ethical living is the supreme witness of religion. The here and now and the effects our actions will have on future generations deeply concern us. We know that our relationships with one another, with diverse peoples, races, and nations, should be governed by justice, equity, and compassion.
==============================================

These are the kind of false teachings that are infiltrating the believers of our day . No room for the Bible , or as the universalist say [ the book ] . The bible is the truth not mans opinions .

They say that thiers is a non creedal way of thinking loaded with free faith . Faith in what or who ? In the last days , even the elect will be lead astray by doctrines that cater to the flesh and give no creedence to the word of God . Just free thinking without boundries ! These teachings are false and should be cast out from amoung us ! Be watchfull in all things lest you fall away from Jesus Christ . Peace be with you . MikeT4G

Administrator
Staff Member
Very nice brother. Thank you for sharing. I have a special thread coming up very soon about "denominations" as well and the sad false teachings, division and such. Man's opinions = death.

Amen brother Mike...if we speak the truth in love, God will be for us. Paul had many adversaries, and so did the truth he was preaching. As he said to Timothy and others.

2Ti 4:14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:
2Ti 4:15 Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words.
2Ti 4:16 At my first answer no man stood with me, but all [men] forsook me: [I pray God] that it may not be laid to their charge.
2Ti 4:17 Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and [that] all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.
2Ti 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve [me] unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom [be] glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Act 13:8 But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.

Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

2Ti 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

Even Peter was rebuked by Paul...because he was straying from the truth. Only thing was that Peter was not full of pride, and was willing to be corrected for the truth of the gospel.

Good post Brother...

God bless

Today's Quote
“Truth indeed rather alleviates than hurts, and will always bear up against falsehood, as oil does above water.”

—Miguel de Cervantes :

Amen.....:shade:

"Early in church history, a body of teaching was identified which constituted the core of the gospel message. In II Timothy, Paul calls this "the pattern of sound teaching"(1:13). In Jude it is referred to as "the faith once and for all entrusted to the saints" (3). In Galatians, which forms part of this study, Paul speaks of "the truth of the gospel" (2:5,14). No departure from this primary body of doctrine was permitted. Those who contradicted it were censured in the stongest terms and even excommunicated

Rather than accept that if two people hold opposite opinions, at least one of them must be wrong, we would rather deny the laws of 'God logic' and live with contradiction. Nobody is to be damned with that intolerant verdict, ‘You’re wrong’. Everybody is to be affirmed. Everybody’s opinion is to be accepted. Everybody is right! And that, of course, is why Paul’s outspokenness in Galatians sounds so politically incorrect to our "postmodern" ears.

To many of our contemporary theologians, the fact that some were preaching "a different gospel" in Galatia ought to have been no problem for Paul at all. Paul speaks with a degree of intolerance here that many reject. They are disappointed to hear the apostle, who wrote so eloquently about charity in I Corinthians 13, ranting at those he disagrees with, in what seems to be such a hateful and opinionated stance. It seems 'unfashionably' unenlightened to take a dogmatic position on anything.

Paul tells us how he confronted Peter publically. It is not hard to imagine the silence that must have fallen in the room, as these two leaders faced one another in a tense stand-off. Paul clearly felt he had to risk the scandal of such a confrontation because Peter was seriously in the wrong. Clearly then, as far as the apostle Paul is concerned, there is such a thing as gospel truth and it is not negotiable!

Our age has produced many preachers but very few martyrs. It seems recklessly extremist to fight for a cause, these days, let alone to die for one. Conscience must never be sacrificed on the altar of popularity and ease." There are times when the truth of the gospel is at stake, and then, like Martin Luther, we have to dig in our heels and say, ‘Here I stand, I can do no other. So help me God!’
(- web excerpt)

Gal 1:6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ to follow a different gospel,

2Co 11:2 I am jealous of you with God's own jealousy, because I promised you in marriage to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ.
2Co 11:3 However, I am afraid that just as the serpent deceived Eve by its tricks, so your minds may somehow be lured away from sincere and pure devotion to Christ.
2Co 11:4 For if someone comes along and preaches another Jesus than the one we preached, or should you receive a different spirit from the one you received or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you are all too willing to listen.

2Co 11:10 As surely as the truth of Christ is in me, my boasting will not be silenced in the regions of Achaia.
2Co 11:11 Why? Because I do not love you? God knows that I do!
2Co 11:12 But I will go on doing what I'm doing in order to deny an opportunity to those people who want an opportunity to be recognized as our equals in the work they are boasting about.
2Co 11:13 Such people are false apostles, dishonest workers who are masquerading as apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14 And no wonder, since Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
2Co 11:15 So it is not surprising if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their doom will match their deeds!

Last edited:
I happened across this today...

Excellent Careers for 2006
By Marty Nemko
U.S. News & World Report

Clergy. Want the satisfaction of doing good? You'll routinely play a significant role in major life events such as birth, marriage, crisis, and death. Plus this career offers status, normally modest work hours, and often good salaries. You needn't necessarily have unquestioned faith in God. I've spoken with a number of clergy who have deep questions about the nature and even existence of a Supreme Being.

To learn more
Read: Educating Clergy by Charles Foster
Contact a respected clergyperson.

...respected by who? I dont think I want that type of respect.If I didn't think this dude was tryin to be for real I would have posted it in the joke column.

Last edited:
evergreen said:
I happened across this today...
Excellent Careers for 2006
By Marty Nemko
U.S. News & World Report
Clergy. Want the satisfaction of doing good? You'll routinely play a significant role in major life events such as birth, marriage, crisis, and death. Plus this career offers status, normally modest work hours, and often good salaries. You needn't necessarily have unquestioned faith in God. I've spoken with a number of clergy who have deep questions about the nature and even existence of a Supreme Being.
To learn more
Read: Educating Clergy by Charles Foster
Contact a respected clergyperson.
...respected by who? I dont think I want that type of respect.If I didn't think this dude was tryin to be for real I would have posted it in the joke column.

It's making me laugh. Thanks Evergreen

Thank you for standing up for Jesus instead of being "politically correct" and defending their stand by copping out. This is just the kind of "feel good" religion that has led so many astray. It's also become pervasive in that many who honestly believe they are committed and sold out Christians no longer raise an eyebrow when they hear this psychobabble claptrap that passes for religion. I am so tired of pie in the sky "Jesus Light" religions and preachers. Christ told us, himself, that He was the way, the truth and the light and that none of us would get to the Father (Heaven) any other way than through Him. There is no easier, softer way. He tells us that the gate is narrow and many will not go through. It is wonderful to visit a place on the Web that is dedicated to educating and edifying those who truly want Jesus as the absolute Lord and Master of their lives!

God Bless you, and keep you.

Yours until He comes,

JB

We walk by FAITH not by sight.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God!

On these two truths I stand, holding my bible firmly in my hands

Anyone ever asked one of the members of this Church why they joined? I know several who are members of this denomination, who were former members of other mainline Christian Church's. They almost all say the same thing, " I feel loved and wanted here, and the church does not look down upon me if I am not at the same Spiritual level as the rest. It's a nonjudgmental atmosphere".

That used to bring on " So what, let them go, we don't need them" type of responses. That was a few years ago, now other Church's are looking at them with alarm, because they are growing like weeds. They are one of the fastest growing religions in the USA. They have 3 church's where I live, and they are Packed almost every other night, and all day on Sunday.

We can scoff all we like, and I do not agree with this denomination at all. But until main line congregations get their acts together, and find a way to stop the bleeding; Many of their former members might find a "very warm and friendly, caring place, at the local Universalist Church.

I'll stick with the Church Jesus is building. LOL It's not the most popular, but it's the most promising.

That is a wise choice Jiggyfly, I have been to their Church, and they mostly teach of many gods, and spirits. They are very heavy into Wicca, and anything New Age. But one thing they are real good at; helping their own. They have learned how to not "doodle in their own pool".

When you think about it, that's a pretty good idea, and one we could take a few cues from. Good customer service pays for the future, it's like the old saying," what goes around, comes around".

"No creeds" means no fundamental truths. Everything is flexible, subject to the whims and fancies of glib-tongued speakers and thinkers.

No thank you. I'll take Biblical Truth and the Lordship of Jesus Christ; a sure foundation.

SLE

Jesus Christ is unchanging and so is His gospel. Even though we love, we can't be tolerant of anything that tries to dilute His truth.