• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

False teachers

Loyal
I hear you but i think you cannot live like that and remain credible or relevant. Why cut yourself off from the rest of the world that you need to influence in a positive way for Christ and even criticise modern conveniences that are beneficial to all mankind.
I walk everywhere or ride my new bicycle and yet look at all those modern times cars and trucks and bus's.
As far as being an affecting witness or influence, it hinders not.

People vary and are as different as night is from day.
So to say one must be any certain way other then Christ Like, well would be trying to control people.

Loyal
Excellent point. But then why do some Christians say that atheists hate God - they don,t obey Him because they don,t believe in him. Therefore they cannot obey Him. Can they - even if they wanted to. You can only disobey someone you know. Atheist don,t know God. So how can they obey or hate Him? Jesus said

In over half a century of talking to Athiests. I have never met a single one... Not one... that wasn't actively trying to remove references to God from something. Oaths. Pledges. Money. Whatever it might be. They say they don't hate Him. But they are doing everything they actively can to remove Him. Why is it so important to them.. If He doesn't exist. Why aren't they actively trying to remove dragons, unicorns, and vampires?

In over half a century of talking to Athiests. I have never met a single one... Not one... that wasn't actively trying to remove references to God from something. Oaths. Pledges. Money. Whatever it might be. They say they don't hate Him. But they are doing everything they actively can to remove Him. Why is it so important to them.. If He doesn't exist. Why aren't they actively trying to remove dragons, unicorns, and vampires?

No one really believes in dragons, unicorns, and vampires do they. But many religions are theistic. They are attacking the notion that people have faith in God.

Staff Member
I hear you but i think you cannot live like that and remain credible or relevant. Why cut yourself off from the rest of the world that you need to influence in a positive way for Christ and even criticise modern conveniences that are beneficial to all mankind.

Hello Victor,
Credible or relevant? We are in the World, but not of it. They are not so cut off as people think. They generate a great income from the lives they are living. Those who live around their communities know this. I don't believe you will find them in South Africa, but they can be found in the US and Canada. This is where they immigrated to after being persecuted in Europe for their religious beliefs by the Lutherans.

You would think that they'd have issues in trade/commerce. Not so much. Just because they themselves don't utilize what in truth are luxuries to life, doesn't mean that they don't have business'. I don't know the particulars on how they are run, whether by go betweens or similar groups such as Mennonites, who do use most modern conveniences, but they do appear to be thriving, and their communities growing as well by the last census taken.

I think you might see them as cut off, but what they have cut themselves off from has allowed them to continue a way of life that was persecuted and yet by the Grace of God thrives to this day. So, I won't use the word "stupid" to describe a people who in truth are your Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus and do communicate Christ in a positive way, if not necessarily an acceptable way due to this worlds "pride", in it's Sciences & Technologies.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

P.S. If it helps. Think of the Amish as an Agrarian Society, with Jesus Christ their focus.

He said it was stupid to get rid of modern technologies and comfort... but hey, there's a lot of stuff that harms us somehow nowadays! Smog, polluted water, excessive radiation, blue light that keeps you awake, blindness of any sort for watching too much TV or PC or cellphone screens, tons of plastic, dangerous chemicals to exterminate all kinds of pests... Even those colored cereal boxes are polluted already! You go to the supermarket to look for anything organic and you get rice or vegetables... that are polluted by their plastic covers!

I do support him when he said that rich preachers are suspicious indeed. Come on! How could a pastor or preacher or brother or so called apostle or prophet make such a large amount of money if they have no second job? If they had started as small businessmen that sell something like cars or insurance policies or are a well paid programmer, I would understand how they could get an expensive car, but a man that serves a small community that does not even reach 200 or 500 people attending that local church should not be able to buy a Lexus or BMW after a few years of service and change it every single year thereafter. Or why do they keep asking for money every single time they have preached at the pulpit? Shouldn't they just accept whatever people had chosen to give away to the church? Don't they just tell people that they should give away more and more money than before to receive better or greater blessings? Don't they even end up purchasing helicopters and planes and ships? Then why would the Apostle Peter warn us of false prophets and teachers by saying they're making merchandise of you?