• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

False Prophets / Teachers

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
False Prophets / Teachers

There is a cool story in 1 Kings in the Old Testament about how the King of Israel (King Ahab) who had done evil in the sight of God, and in how his ruler ship ended. This story is pretty long so I will just condense it here. You can read about yourself in 1 Kings chapter 22. This evil King decided to go up against another King, and he wanted to inquire with his prophets weather the Lord would give him the victory. He gathered 400 of his prophets, and they all said the Lord would give him the victory. King Ahab knew there was one other prophet of God who was not among the 400. The King “HATED” this prophet because he NEVER prophesied good things to the King. This prophets name was, “ Micaiah”

The King sent out a messenger to get Micaiah the propet, and the messenger told Micaiah to make sure he only prophesied good things to the King. So, Micaiah told the King only what he wanted to hear, but he did not say “thus saith the Lord” The King knew he was not telling him the truth, and demanded him to speak the Word of Lord to him. Micaiah told him that if he went up against this King all of his solders would be scattered about the mountains, meaning he would not be successful. The King turned to one of his closet allies, and told him, “see, I told you so, this guy never tells me anything good!!!”

Then Micaiah tells the King of a vision of the Lord high and lifted up, with all the hosts of Heaven being present. Here the prophet is giving the King a behind the scenes description of what was going on in the spiritual realm. The Lord God said, “who will go to Ahab and deceive him to go up against this other King so that he may die?” Since the Lord knows everything that will happen before it happens, he is not commissioning this event to take place, just asking those present before him how they will do it.

A spirit came forth and said, “I will go before all the prophets and be a lying spirit in their mouths”

Most commentators believe this to be Satan as he had access to the throne of God at this time. Satan is a liar, and the father of all lies.

Micaiah tells the King this as to why all of his 400 prophets were telling him to go up, and he will have victory!!! You would think knowing this would give the King a heads up as not to go. The King did not listen, and he went up and died, because he did not take heed to his prophet.

I said all this just to come to this point. Jesus said something very interesting In the Gospels.

Luke 6:26 "WOE TO YOU, WHEN ALL PEOPLE SPEAK WELL OF YOU, for so THEIR FATHERS DID TO THE FALSE PROPHETS.

We usually think when every one speaks well of us, we are doing a good job in proclaiming the gospel.
But, Jesus said “WOE” unto you when ALL men speak well of you....” Why? Being a prophet of God in the Old Testament was not a popular vocation, as they usually did not live long because of the message they spoke to the people, so the people killed them!!
:crying:

What happens when we compromise the Word of God, and only speak what the people want to hear?
Everyone will speak well of us, and they are more willing to give money to the ministry as long as we just tell them good things!! There are Churches today who have tens of thousands of people in their congregation, and they all speak well of their pastor teacher. I wonder why that is?

In reality, spiritual growth is not always a pleasant thing to the sheep. Sometimes you have to step on their little toes, which causes an out cry from them. A open rebuke is better than a hidden love. If we really love the sheep, or our fellow brothers / sisters we will tell them the truth no matter what their reaction might be.

It would be nice if every thing was just happy happy, joy all the time. The Apostle Paul tells us how the Lord deals with all of his children.

Heb 12:6 For THE LORD DISCIPLINES THE ONE HE LOVES, AND CHASTISES EVERY SON WHOM HE RECEIVES."
Heb 12:7 It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For WHAT SON IS THERE WHOM HIS FATHER DOES NOT DISCIPLINE?
Heb 12:8 IF YOU ARE LEFT WITHOUT DISCIPLINE, in which all have participated, THEN YOU ARE ILLEGITIMATE CHILDREN AND NOT SONS.

There are many many of those in the ministry who are not proclaiming the truth of God's Word, only a watered down version which is geared only to causing men to speak well of them, and to give of their wealth to a person who do not deserve their position, in which man has placed them in not God.