• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

false feelings

i need much prayer. I have learned to not trust my feelings, but yet i still lean upon them. I have been praying for help to see past these lies. These emotions are hurting my relationship with The Lord and are destroying me.

Staff Member
Further Benefits of Wisdom
Prov.3.
1 My son, do not forget my teaching,
but keep my commands in your heart,

2 for they will prolong your life many years
and bring you prosperity.

3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.

4 Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man.

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight. [a]

7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the LORD and shun evil.

Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you. Matt.6.33.

Father I pray that you will help cfc to put his trust in you totally. You tell us not to lean on our own understanding. You give us feelings so we can rejoice with others and empathise with them too. We are not to use them for living daily, but to look to You and focus our thoughts on You. Help him to keep his eyes on You who created him and to know the joy of the Lord is his strength. You have come to give us life and life abundantly, may he walk by faith and not by sight and grow into the man of God that pleases You. In Jesus' name amen.

God bless you :love: :rainbow: :rose:

Praying for you brother. Praying for clear discernment of God's will, and the strength to abide in it. Mathew 16:24.
What you're experiencing is normal. God will help you.

Thank you both. I have read Prov. many times, one of my favorite books, but it never hit me the way it did when you posted it. Many thanks brothers

Staff Member
God is speaking to you brother. We can read scripture many times and one day when we read it again something will jump off the page at us. We know God is speaking to us when this happens.

God is the one who guides us and leads us when we respond to the posts here and He wanted you to hear Him.

God bless :love: :rainbow: :rose: