• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Faith that sees the Evidence not seen.

Loyal
Faith that sees the Evidence not seen.

We all live in a physical world, and the EVIDENCE that tells us this comes from our physical senses. We can see, feel, hear, taste, and touch which gives us the necessary evidence, and proof we need to actually believe who and where we are. It is never wise to believe in anything without having evidence, and proof to what we believe. The world thinks that Christians are just wishful in our thinking that God exists, and we are really hoping it is true (got my fingers crossed). Nothing could be further from the truth than that. I believe because I have evidence and proof to what I believe, but it does come from my physical senses which are unable to see invisible things.

As the physical senses gives evidence, which would come by “sight”, the spiritual senses gives evidence which would come by “faith”.

2Co 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

Heb 11:1 Now FAITH IS THE SUBSTANCE of things hoped for, the EVIDENCE OF THINGS NOT SEEN.

The evidence given to the physical man is by “sight”. The evidence given to the spiritual man is by “faith”. Sight, and faith both see something, and both give evidence to man. One to the physical man, and the other to the spiritual man (hidden man of the heart)

The Bible tells us to do some things that are impossible to do with our physical senses.

Psa 34:8 O TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Heb 2:9 BUT WE SEE JESUS, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, CROWNED WITH GLORY AND HONOUR; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

1Ti 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, LAY HOLD ON ETERNAL LIFE, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

John 10:27 MY SHEEP HEAR MY VOICE, and I know them, and they follow me:

1Jn 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God HATH THE WITNESS IN HIMSELF: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

Rom 8:16 The SPIRIT HIMSELF BEARS WITNESS WITH OUR SPIRIT that we are children of God,

These spiritual “SENSES” must be exercised before we can control them to do any of these things. If we are never taught we have them, then it is useless to have them. We can not exercised that which we do not know we have!!!

When I was was first saved more than forty years ago I immediately noticed sensing some things that were not coming from my physical body, but I did not know what they were. It was not tell years later as the Lord began to reveal what these things were.

The Apostle Paul tells us that “STRONG MEAT” of the Word of God will only be given to those who by practice of use exercised their spiritual senses.

Heb 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
Heb 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
Heb 5:14 BUT STRONG MEAT BELONGETH TO THEM THAT ARE OF FULL AGE, even those who by REASON OF USE HAVE THEIR SENSES EXERCISED to discern both good and evil.

Without exercising our spiritual senses we will stay drinking only the “MILK” of the Word of God, and never grow into the man we are suppose to be.