• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Faith Stretching

Staff Member
Then Jesus lifted up [His] eyes, and seeing a great multitude coming toward Him, He said to Philip, "Where shall we buy bread, that these may eat?" But this He said to test him, for He Himself knew what He would do. John 6:5-6

Today's passage is a familiar one--an enormous crowd had followed Jesus, and though they were in a deserted place with no food within miles, He fed every one of them with only five barley loaves and two fish. Jesus already knew He was going to perform a miracle, but He wanted to turn this predicament into a teachable moment, so He asked Philip the question.

Philip didn't really pass the test. He chose to depend on his intellect and consider only the limited options. But his perspective changed greatly after Jesus performed the miracle.

Does God ever ask you questions during times of prayer? How do you respond? Do you give a practical answer, like Philip? Or have you ever considered that God might be asking such questions to open your eyes so that you'll learn to trust Him in a deeper way? If not, let this passage be your guide the next time, and watch God work.

Prayer: Lord, I don't always see with spiritual eyes. I allow everyday concerns to keep me from trusting Your miracle-working power. But this passage has taught me that You sometimes allow needs and problems in order to stretch my faith.

Loyal
Then Jesus lifted up [His] eyes, and seeing a great multitude coming toward Him, He said to Philip, "Where shall we buy bread, that these may eat?" But this He said to test him, for He Himself knew what He would do. John 6:5-6

Today's passage is a familiar one--an enormous crowd had followed Jesus, and though they were in a deserted place with no food within miles, He fed every one of them with only five barley loaves and two fish. Jesus already knew He was going to perform a miracle, but He wanted to turn this predicament into a teachable moment, so He asked Philip the question.

Philip didn't really pass the test. He chose to depend on his intellect and consider only the limited options. But his perspective changed greatly after Jesus performed the miracle.

Does God ever ask you questions during times of prayer? How do you respond? Do you give a practical answer, like Philip? Or have you ever considered that God might be asking such questions to open your eyes so that you'll learn to trust Him in a deeper way? If not, let this passage be your guide the next time, and watch God work.

Prayer: Lord, I don't always see with spiritual eyes. I allow everyday concerns to keep me from trusting Your miracle-working power. But this passage has taught me that You sometimes allow needs and problems in order to stretch my faith.
Some years ago, while in prayer. The Lord said to me. Open your heart and take that mans sins. (I had been contemplating how Jesus said, "follow me" and that He had taken sin upon Himself)

So i took the mans sins and offered them up to God.

Then the Lord told me, recieve all the sins from those on this city block. And i did, then gave them to the Lord.

The Lord continued, take the sin from this city. I absorbed them and gave the burden of them to the Lord.

The Lord told me to take the sin from the State. But i stopped and said to the Father, i am not your Son. He said "Bill, you have no limit to the capacity of your heart"

I absorbed the sin from the state, and then from the world. As before being cleansed by the Father. (In my mind, it is like a sponge bath, inside and out.)

Loyal
@Bill
When words fail me, only I can say is "wow".
God bless you brother.
Jesus says to follow me. Other than just words, much of His teaching are the actions.

The Apostle Peter was crucified (upsidedown).

And after doing so many miricles, athrough forgiveness and healing, Jesus sends the Apostles to do the same.

We are all called to take on the sins, the burdens, the cross of others. It is what a Christian is. Not only of those we know, who may be Christian themselves, but for the pagan too.

Christ didnt die on the cross, didnt take on the sin of the world, just for believers. It was for the sick, the lame of spirit that all should come to Him.

Christians are more important than they know. Reach out to all, ask God "give me thier burden" then give it to the Lord.

Ya, the Father is kinda funny that way. He asks us to take on a burden, then asks us to offer it up to Him.

It is in our ability to forgive others, as Christ forgave us, that will bring mankind home.