Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Faith , Hope, Love and Love is the Greatest

Discussion in 'Devotionals' started by Born Again 2004, Dec 4, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. 1 Corinthians 13:13
    And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Many us us have read this verse on many occasion and heard some preacher focus in on it in a sermon. We as Christian have a second sense about love and what it means, occurring over 500 times in most Bibles. In the context of the above verse, I would like to offer this explanation:

• Faith: Faith is where it all begins, without faith, there is no hope and love doesn't truly spiritually exist.
    • Hope: Hope is in a glorious and eternal life after physical death and there is no hope without first Faith!
    • Love: Love, agape or perfect love, follows and is certainly enhanced by Faith and Hope.
    • Why is love the last here but the greatest?: Of the three, true love naturally follows the other two but it is the greatest because it encompasses all of God's commandments and the only one of the three that exists in Heaven for all of eternity. Faith and Hope don't exist in Heaven because they are complete and have been realized but, in Heaven ,Love is perfected and lasts forever!

Dave M likes this.
  2. Amen, nicely put. I have similar written in my Bible alongside that verse: "Faith becomes sight. Hope is fulfilled. Love (charity) is the greatest because it exists forever." :)

Born Again 2004 and Dave M like this.
  3. Like Mercy Me sings. "I Can Only Imagine" !

Laura1557 likes this.
  4. Ohhhh brother, that is a song that moves me. It's one of those ones that can reduce me to tears if I'm in a certain mood when I hear it. Alternatively, it's one I'll sing along to with joy and in praise of the Lord.

Here we go: