• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Facing the Storms

For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike.
— Matthew 5:45

Have you ever been caught an unexpected storm? When a big storm is approaching, the meteorologists usually will tell us about it. And if it is really building, if it is at hurricane strength, it might even be given a name because of its significance.

There are times when we know storms are brewing and building. And there are other times when they come out of nowhere. But one thing we need to know about life is that we will have storms—storms of hardship, tragedy, difficulty, and worst-case scenarios. Some of these storms can be life-altering: the death of someone you love, an illness, a disability, a conflict at home or work, being laid off, or even a rebellious child.

At the end of the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus talked about two men who built their homes, and the storms came. And the storms always will come. In fact, there are really two kinds of people in the world: those who are going through a crisis and those who will go through a crisis. You either are in a storm or you are ultimately headed into one. The rain will fall, according to the Bible, on the righteous and the unrighteous. So we cannot control whether or not the storms come. All we can control is how we react to them.

I don't have any words of assurance for those who go through storms in life without God. But for the Christian, I do have some: "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28). For those who have put their faith in Christ, ultimately all things will work together for good. Where are you putting your faith today?

From Harvest

For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike.
— Matthew 5:45

Have you ever been caught an unexpected storm? When a big storm is approaching, the meteorologists usually will tell us about it. And if it is really building, if it is at hurricane strength, it might even be given a name because of its significance.

There are times when we know storms are brewing and building. And there are other times when they come out of nowhere. But one thing we need to know about life is that we will have storms—storms of hardship, tragedy, difficulty, and worst-case scenarios. Some of these storms can be life-altering: the death of someone you love, an illness, a disability, a conflict at home or work, being laid off, or even a rebellious child.
At the end of the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus talked about two men who built their homes, and the storms came. And the storms always will come. In fact, there are really two kinds of people in the world: those who are going through a crisis and those who will go through a crisis. You either are in a storm or you are ultimately headed into one. The rain will fall, according to the Bible, on the righteous and the unrighteous. So we cannot control whether or not the storms come. All we can control is how we react to them.

I don't have any words of assurance for those who go through storms in life without God. But for the Christian, I do have some: "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28). For those who have put their faith in Christ, ultimately all things will work together for good. Where are you putting your faith today?

From Harvest

That's the reason for my name and site! Amen, Without Christ we all would be tossed to and fro. With us in the Lords ship we have guidance and cleansing! With us there the Holy Spirit directs us we just need to listen to the initial promptings. All provided to us as a gift from God!

Active
Amen to Ncdataman and Ship! So many of us are in a major storm of our lives! In our waters of life so many ships of ours are in rough seas,we signal each other,and tell others how long? When will the rain stop? How long before the seas calm? Then from heaven,words come! Brothers and sisters So that the proff of your faith, being more precious then gold which is perishable,even though tested by fire,may be found to result in praise and Glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.1 peter 1:7-9 and what is the revelation of Jesus Christ on board each of our ships that is sailing? that we all will come through!!! as our captain of each of our ships says!! nevertheless!!! WHAT you have!! HOLD FAST!!! until I come!rev 2:25-26 we are learning what an overcomer is, whether we want to or not. So through our Jesus we shall overcome! thank you both for my reminder as well!!