• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Facing failure...

Hi everyone,

December 9 is fast approaching, and we're not near half of the program development. What's worse, I have a lot of subject backlogs. I guess I'm going to fail it this term and lose my scholarship for next term. I am to blame. I thought I can manage my time and prioritize my tasks (church, academics and basketball) but I wasn't able to. I'm even failing God now. Sigh. I'm a failure. I lost my self confidence and I don't find anything positive about me as of this point. I'm not even a good leader. I use to be or I thought I was. I'm still alive, I guess God still wants me to change even I wronged Him. There's still hope for me right? Even I'm doomed in this earth.
I'm regretting the point where I met my group mates, I could have been with a group of a good and responsible group mates, but how come I settled for people whom... sigh. I prayed before that day, I asked God who are going to be my group mates and when that day came there they were. I didn't judge, I just accepted that God blessed me with them. At the first half of the thesis period, things were going well. After that, well I'm getting burned out. I am burnt out. I'm sorry I want to blurt this out. I am to blame. I am to blame. I'm gutsy to have taken basketball practice on Sunday afternoons. I thought things are going to go well... I made wrong choices now I'm paying for them. I've lost...

What an opportunity to grow in the knowledge of His grace. If you succeed thank Him. If you fail rejoice knowing the He is in every situation molding you and working all for your good. Learn to trust Him my friend no matter what and you will find true success in life.

Col 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Keep your eyes off of you and fix them on Him.
Do all things as unto Him (your absolute best at all times) and trust Him for the results. Whatever the outcome you will find a blessing if you walk it out by faith.

Praying for you and your group daily. Just keep calling on the Lord and he will see you through. We all get tired, we all have days where we don't give 100%, it's part of being human. i am asking the Lord to give you all the strength of body and mind to accomplish what needs to be. keep calling on the Lord to be your strength.

In a 1950's novel there is a scene in which four village men confess their sins to each other. One cries "How can God let us live on earth, He ought to kill us to purify creation" One answered "Because God is a potter and works in mud"

This is literal. The Creator shaped humanity by unique design. This process involved fashioning a man from the dust of the ground. The word 'formed' (Gen: 2. 7 ) describes the work of an artist. Like a potter moulding and fashioning mud into a pot or some other earthen vessel, ,,,,,,,,,so the Lord God formed humanity from clay.

Adan and Eve sinned......but God continued working with the mud ......sending His son Jesus...to die on the cross...that whosoever receive Him can enjoy fellowship with Him and a rising from the earth..... to know 'more' than they had ever known before....in Jesus

Thank you for your prayers everyone

Hi Bro. Larry, Bro. Stephen and Sis. Sunshine,

Thank all for your prayers. I apologize for replying late. It took time before everything sinked in inside my heart and mind. It's just this point that I got out from stress thanks to a good night's rest. I'm pulling myself together thank Jesus and thanks to your prayers. Hopefully this will be all the way. I'll give this my best shot although chances of a high grade are slim, no matter what the result, I'll keep my eyes on God and give praise to Him. Thank you Jesus for salvation! Thank you and God bless everyone.