• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Evidence vs. Unbelief

Staff Member
"Then I said to you, 'Do not be terrified, or afraid of them. 'The LORD your God, who goes before you, He will fight for you, according to all He did for you in Egypt before your eyes, 'and in the wilderness where you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a man carries his son, in all the way that you went until you came to this place.' "Yet, for all that, you did not believe the LORD your God, Deuteronomy 1:29-32

After forty years wandering in the desert for their unbelief, the day finally arrived for the Israelites to take possession of the Promised Land. But first, Moses recounted the history of their journey from Egypt. He emphasized the reason they'd been wandering so long--stubborn unbelief despite clear evidence of God's power.

Why the history lesson? Because the ones who rebelled had died in the wilderness. Moses was speaking to the younger generation. Many of them hadn't actually witnessed any of the great deeds God had done on their behalf. Did they fully understand this moment? Did they understand that unbelief was rebellion? Would they be as slow of heart to believe as their parents?

Remember the evidence of God's love and caring in your life. Don't let fear become stronger than His testimony not lead you into unbelief.

Prayer: Lord, You carry me as Your son. Give me courage to trust You in all things. The evidence of Your love is undeniable.