• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Established by God, to Walk with God

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
For You have delivered my soul from death. [Have You] not [kept] my feet from falling, That I may walk before God In the light of the living? Psalm 56:13

If you've ever been on a mountain hike in the dark, you know it's much harder than doing it in the daylight. It takes a lot more effort and the dangers of an accident are multiplied. The Bible often connects "walking" and "light" as spiritual metaphors, saying:

"Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path" (Psalm 119:105).

"Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, Lord" (Psalm 89:15).

"It is when a person walks at night that they stumble, for they have no light" (John 11:10).

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin" (1 John 1:7).

God saves His people from darkness for a reason--that they should walk with Him in the light He provides. He's looking for real hiking companions. God desires you to walk with Him in true and abundant life. You can be certain that He Himself will keep you from stumbling along the say.

Prayer: Good Father, thank You for establishing me and helping me to keep in step with You.