Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Emergency Prayer Request

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Br. Bear, Aug 20, 2008.

1. For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the Lord.​

Jeremiah30:17a ​

Please pray for Matt (not yet 21) the son of missionaries Martin and Marie who live in China.
    The night before last, he was on his way to work and fell asleep at the wheel of his car. It flipped and he is in critical condition with brain injury.

They actually took out a part of his skull to let down the pressure in his brain. He is in a coma and they are not sure what is going to happen.

Please pray that the Lord in His Mercy does a miracle and heals him completely, or in His infinite wisdom, takes him Home.

Thank you so much for your help in lifting him and his family up in prayer.

Bless you ....><>

Br. Bear

2. Br. Bear, I am praying.

3. Thank you Truedawn,

at times like this we only need to consider how much we would pray if it were our children in the flesh, or brother or sister..... and realise that we would pour out every bit of prayer we could muster in all hope and faith.. calling upon our gracious Lord to stretch out His hand in blessings....

and so we ought pray for our brother and sister in Christ, not resting at prayer until He gives us His peace that we have been heard.

Thank you again so very much for your prayer, Truedawn. I shall let you know more as I can.

Bless you ....><>

Br. Bear

Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

4. Dear Br. Bear

I am praying for Matt and his family now. I will take myself aside and uplift him before the throne of the Lord

I have heard your prayer. I have seen your tears; surely I will heal you.
    2 Kings 20:5

O Lord bring healing and peace in the midst of this crisis. May your presence surround Matt and his family and bring comfort.

Julia

He gathers His lambs and carries them close to his heart. Isaiah 46:11

5. Br. Bear I will pray also for Matt to be healed and also for his parents peace and comfort.
    I pray that the Lord will heal Matt and if it is not to be, then I pray Matt will dwell with the Lord and for sure be at peace and be healed.
    Wendy

6. My husband and I have best friends that serve in China and their youngest son's name is Matt. So it hit my heart right away. I will continue to pray as the Lord leads. Trusting the Holy Spirit to pray what's on Our Father's heart for Matt and his family. I know that the Lord is good and his faithfulness endures forever.

7. Praying ....x

8. Beloved,

I have just received good news, thank you Jesus, for you are so merciful and wonderful, You alone are worthy to be praised and exalted, for You are Lord, bless You Jesus...

Thank you so much for posting that request for Matt. I just heard that he's doing much better & it looks like he's going to make it. He no longer has a fever & there's movement in his legs & feet so he's not paralyzed. The doctors are more positive & hopeful that he'll recover. Let's keep praying for him.

Thank you for praying, dear brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus the Lord.

Please, O please continue in prayer for Matt and his parents.

Thank you and bless you ....><>

Br. Bear

We praise You Jesus

9. i have prayed for Matt and his family to our Almighty God. Amen.

10. im praying

11. We bring a sacrifice of praise unto the House of the Lord
    We bring a sacrifice of praise unto the House of our King
    And we offer up to you our sacrifices of thanks giving
    and we offer up to you our sacrifices of praise

Martin Marie and Matt you are the King's chosen ones, His beloved, Lord protect your beloved, comfort them, council them, provide for them, wisdom, understanding, peace, finances in Jesus wonderful name amen.

Lord you are worthy King of Kings Lord of Lord's you are worthy
    Jesus, you are Jesus King of Kings Lord of Lord's you are Jesus

I lift my hands to the coming King to the great I am to you I sing
    for your'e the one that reigns within their hearts and they will serve
    no other God's nor any other treasures for you are their hearts desire
    your Spirit without measure, unto your name they will bring their sacrifice

Thank you God for looking after you precious chosen Martin Marie and Matt in Jesus name amen.

12. This is great news brother. If only believers understood the power of prayer. My, the world would be drastically different if we took prayer seriously as GOD expects us to.

This thread is a good read, hopefully something to encourage those who actually read it and value prayer for what its worth.

http://www.talkjesus.com/prayer-request/21712-why-pray.html

13. #13 charrot551, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2008
    Dear God please heal your creature Matt heal him from his wounds and save his life from this critical situation. Do save him pleaseee...... In Jesus name i pray ...AMEN

14. Dear Almighty Father,
    I left Matt up for you, give him one more chance to truly know you and serve you best, glorify your merciful name, let your strength take one more chance on him, you raise the dead souls and the dead hearts, save him from this deadness and illness that is captivating his soul inside.
    Deliever him as I ask on your beloved son's name, Jesus Christ,
    Amen.

15. Praise God this is good news Br. Bear! Thank You Lord for this boys recovering!!!
    Will keep him in prayer as well as his family.
    Wendy

16. with you

will be praying with you bro.

17. #17 abigya, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
    hmmm, what an awesome God we have Brother Bear......he delights seeing his children being blessed.

Please know that i have been praying for Matt too and will continue to do so.

Thank you for sharing with US; I am also blessed to see every one agreeing in prayers here. Wonderful!!!

God bless

abigya

18. Thank you and bless you everyone who has been praying for Matt and of course for his parents, Martin and Marie.

I have just received a further update, which I pray will encourage you in your praying.

Really, I am so very thankful for your prayers for Matt. You are all very precious.

Bless you, in Jesus name,

Br. Bear

here is the update....

Update on Matt:

Thank you all so much for your prayers for Matt who was involved in a serious car accident earlier this week. The swelling in his head has gone down and his fever is gone as well. He's been able to move his arms and legs, and while not yet conscious, he is showing definite signs of being more aware of his surroundings and when he is touched he responds to it.
    Please keep upholding him in your prayers and claiming miracles for a complete recovery for him!

Thank you Jesus.

19. Praise God for the Good News about Matt. I will continue to uphold him and his family in prayer. Thank you Jesus!!!!!!

20. We serve a mighty God, who hears the cries of his people.

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, nor will the flame burn you."
    Isaiah 43:2