• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Embrace evil or look the other way?

Hey, what is better to embrace evil, or any negative thoughts we have, and ask Jesus to show us the right way, or to look the other way in the face of evil? I know it might seen kinda obvious, look the other way but what is the best way to defeat evil. To not even recognize it, or to see it, question it and ask Jesus for forgiveness? In asking for forgiveness you will also ask to see the right way. I guess you can say that when you look the other way in the face of evil, you are still doing the same thing as asking Jesus for forgiveness silently. An example is with people, if you see someone doing something negative like bullying someone, would it be better to look the other way or to interact. I think if you embrace them and tell them to ask for forgiveness then your are one step ahead. So if this is true then what is best in our own minds? - Tell me what you think :)

timoteo.

When I feel Evil creeping in on me I see it as a demon trying to control me.

I turn away. Only let the demon stay in thoughts as little as possible.

Beware when you turn away, he will return, sometimes he brings his freinds. 6 or 7 at a time.

There is a Greed one creeping about me lately, He came back so strong after I turned away.

Always remember Demons and their evil, even if all of them in existance come as one to attack us.

With Jesus Christ by our side we stomp them with ease. Only by working closely together. With Trruth, Understanding and Love.

God Bless.:love:

What do you think a soilder goes through after the war is over? Do you think that God forgives him for following the orders that he had? You know that God will forgive,but how does the soilder forgive himself? Where do you think evil comes from? Evil comes from within the self because the self is too insecure to put it's trust in Jesus THE Christ. Unlike us,who know that Jesus paid the ultimate price for our inability and weaknesses. We have no fear of evil because we fear God. Let's see fear God's power=beginning of worship and knowledge---fear evil =what?worship evil...I don't think that will ever happen to anyone of knowledge,do you?? So think of Jesus and love or think of evil and waste your time. Which is it? MGBY

End days & Turning away from Evil: 2 Tim 3

My first response is to point out 2 Tim 3 and tell you to get the heck away from Evil... :thumbs_do especially in THESE DAYS... :unlove:

God bless you!! :love:

CaliFlower :rose:

timoteo said:
Hey, what is better to embrace evil, or any negative thoughts we have, and ask Jesus to show us the right way, or to look the other way in the face of evil? I know it might seen kinda obvious, look the other way but what is the best way to defeat evil. To not even recognize it, or to see it, question it and ask Jesus for forgiveness? In asking for forgiveness you will also ask to see the right way. I guess you can say that when you look the other way in the face of evil, you are still doing the same thing as asking Jesus for forgiveness silently. An example is with people, if you see someone doing something negative like bullying someone, would it be better to look the other way or to interact. I think if you embrace them and tell them to ask for forgiveness then your are one step ahead. So if this is true then what is best in our own minds? - Tell me what you think :)
Of the choices you gave:"to embrace evil, or any negative thoughts we have, and ask Jesus to show us the right way, or to look the other way in the face of evil?" I say "Neither"! Embrace The Holy Spirit and follow his guidance!

"what is the best way to defeat evil." I would recommend reading the 12th chapter of The Book of Romans. You will find your answer there.
Romans 12:21 "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."

This part of your post:"To not even recognize it, or to see it, question it and ask Jesus for forgiveness? In asking for forgiveness you will also ask to see the right way. I guess you can say that when you look the other way in the face of evil, you are still doing the same thing as asking Jesus for forgiveness silently".. I am not sure what you are saying.

Can you clarify the question?

As for the situation with the bully, I am reminded of a quote "All that is required for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing". I don't know who said it but it has always stuck in my head. To see injustice and ignore it and simply ask for forgiveness of your inaction is asking for forgiveness without repentance in my opinion. The last time I had a run in with a bully, he was attacking a friend of mine. What I did was to draw the bully's attention away from my friend and he started picking on me. I tried to reason with him (to no avail) but soon other friends showed up and the bully ended up apologizing.

I know we live in a world full of evil and the dangers of getting "involved" are grave, and we should choose our battles wisely. That is why we need to seek God's wisdom regularly so when we find ourselves in such situations we have the Word of God in our hearts and the Holy Spirit can use us to overcome injustice

Administrator
Staff Member
Some guidelines to share with you taken from my book "What does the Bible say about..." that I have here.

Hate evil

Proverbs 8:13
The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way and the perverse mouth I hate.

Where evil begins

Matthew 15:15-20
15 Then Peter answered and said to Him, “Explain this parable to us.”
16 So Jesus said, “Are you also still without understanding? 17 Do you not yet understand that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and is eliminated? 18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. 20 These are the things which defile a man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man.”

Romans 7:14-23
14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Depart from evil

Job 28:28
28 And to man He said,
‘ Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
And to depart from evil is understanding.’”

Psalm 34:14
14 Depart from evil and do good;
Seek peace and pursue it.

Proverbs 3:7
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the LORD and depart from evil.

How to depart from evil

Proverbs 16:6
6 In mercy and truth
Atonement is provided for iniquity;
And by the fear of the LORD one departs from evil.

Armor against evil

Romans 6:10-17

10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. From Slaves of Sin to Slaves of God

15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? 17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.

Ephesians 6:10-17
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;

So do you think negative thoughts or sinful desires are within us to resist as being humans or that actual demons effect our thoughts to bring us down?

What does the bible say Fearnoevil? re-read what Chad wrote I think then you will have your answer Joyfully ~ Jlu

back to the "bully" situation.. Would you consider the one being bullied "one of the least of these"?

"Then the King will turn to those on the left and say, `Away
with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for
the Devil and his demons! For I was hungry, and you didn't
feed me. I was thirsty, and you didn't give me anything to
drink. I was a stranger, and you didn't invite me into your
home. I was naked, and you gave me no clothing. I was sick
and in prison, and you didn't visit me.' Then they will
reply, `Lord, when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a
stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and not help you?'
And he will answer, `I assure you, when you refused to help
the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing
to help me.' And they will go away into eternal punishment,
but the righteous will go into eternal life."

-- Matthew 25:41-46 (NLT)

"I was being "bullied" and you did NOTHING ?

The fight against evil is real. Evil comes in all forms and only comes to decieve and hurt us. Ephesians 6:12 "Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." So knowing this is real, we turn to the Word for answers for the Word is real. Romans 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.We should ask ourselves in every situation what would Jesus do? We should only strive for that. Thats it. What would He do? Hebrews 4:14-15, "Therefore, since we have a great High Priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a High Priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin." Finally the Word assures us evil has no power. James 4:7, "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

timoteo said:

Well, I'm not sure how I should answer your question. But, I also think it may depend on what situation we are in. Sometimes, we have no-choice but to face evil, face to face. When this happens, I find it wise to contact GOD -whether through a prayer or just by calling out to HIS Name - Jehovah!
I also have learned that when face to face with evil - depending on the circumstances, saying to Satan the same words that Jesus used when He was being tested by Satan; {Matthew 4:10} "Away with you, Satan! For it is written, `You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.' '' {In Matthew Chapter 4:3-11, Jesus show's us how to deal with the Devil, who's nickname is 'EVIL'. Also in Matthew 16:23}
But, never, ever give into evil! For it's when you give into evil that you are doing wrong in the eyes of The Almighty GOD! And giving into evil is also like slapping GOD & Jesus Christ in their face! {John 14:21, 23-24}

Last edited:
Definately flee from evil every time, if you feel it coming on then summon God straight away. Pray for strength and courage pray a prayer of thanks for the love of God, send the evil of satan away with back up of scripture but never ever give in. Remember how bad you feel when you do sin, well you don't want to feel like that ever again so be strong against it.

God Bless