• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Dwelling on the past

Gods forgiveness is perfect forgiveness. When forgiven of your sins god completely forgets they ever happened (this is perfect forgiveness).So to keep dwelling on them is wrong.Because god has to forgive you for the same thing again and agian.Gain the peace of mind god has intended for you to have. Let go your past and rise in your new spirit. Oh lord i pray for all christians that you give us peace of mind and strength to do your will without fear. god wash us in your truth,clothe us in your mercy,shield us in your grace and arm us in your will.IN JESUS NAME AMEN GLORY HONOR AND POWER TO GOD AND THE LAMB.BLESSED IS THE NAME OF THE LORD.HOLY HOLY HOLY IS THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY. AMEN

God does forgive, but i am positive that someone can not keep making excuses for thier actions and think that whatever i do, GOD will forgive me. So the best thing to do, is change your ways and try your best not to do what is wrong is GOD and jesus Christ eyes.

GOD will forgive more then once and more then alot, but nobody is allowed to keep doing unrighteous things.:thumbs_up

LegendaryU2K said:
God does forgive, but i am positive that someone can not keep making excuses for thier actions and think that whatever i do, GOD will forgive me. So the best thing to do, is change your ways and try your best not to do what is wrong is GOD and jesus Christ eyes.

GOD will forgive more then once and more then alot, but nobody is allowed to keep doing unrighteous things.:thumbs_up

Dear LegendaryU2K,

Thank you for sharing and you make a good point! The truth is none of us can be positive that one can keep making excuses and think we will be forgiven. We all keep falling short for our actions, especially me, and its because of His mercies and grace, which is more than you and I can ever comprehend, Legendary, that we must be grateful and continually seek His forgiveness.

However, we all have that one vice that we cannot break alone, never. So we must continue to seek God first, exalt Him first, and read His Word.

SEEK OTHER CHRISTIANS TO HOLD US ACCOUNTABLE!! Read and meditate from James 5:16, Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man (woman) is powerful and effective.

Ask another brother to brother, or sister to sister, to confess our darkest sins in private, ask to hold us accountable. If you are too ashamed, then let go of pride, ego, vanity, and arrogance, which gets in the way of confession.

This allows the Holy Spirit to work within the "inner cup" in us, that despicable sinful area of our flesh that will be cleansed, releasing the baggage from within because we have been forgiven. It makes us more genuine when we expose our outer cup to others making us more effective witnesses.

Your servant in Christ Jesus.

Last edited:
I wasnt saying that once forgiven always forgiven. I was saying for your sin of the past.The ones that haunt you. We always sin and will keep sinning its impossible not to. God is perfect in everyway so the sins that haunt you, you should not dwell on. For thay are forgotten about in God's eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
brother in christ said:
I wasnt saying that once forgiven always forgiven. I was saying for your sin of the past.The ones that haunt you. We always sin and will keep sinning its impossible not to. God is perfect in everyway so the sins that haunt you, you should not dwell on. For thay are forgotten about in God's eyes.

I actually agree with this, but somethings i can keep a hold of and continue to do so, and some things i cant. I like to play games, and i made a choice not to quit them. Even tho most games i own are violent, i think i will never quit playing video games, playing them up to the day of armageddon. :thumbs_up

But um thats another story, i aint gonna get into right now.

Brother in Christ the prayer posted was wonderful and I agree with it. When 2 agree it shall be done. Forgiving yourself sometimes becomes the hard part. I'm not talking about continuing in sin. I'm talking about when you realize how you must have hurt so very badly the ONE Who loves you most. How do you begin to forgive yourself in light of that? gotta go...jmh137