• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Driving Force

Administrator
Staff Member
Driving Force - September 01, 2006

No one told me when I had five kids in seven years how it would affect my driveway "down the road," so to speak. We now have three drivers- in addition to my hubby and me. Put five cars in a driveway and just try not to look like you live behind a used car lot. What do you do with an entire fleet of family cars?

I wonder if they had these kinds of problems back in Jesus' day? "Hey kids, can't you park those old used donkeys out on the street so your dad and I don't have to back in and out a gazillion times trying to get the camel out of the driveway?" Or "Dad, could you move yours and Mom's herd so we can shoot some hoops?" No matter what's in the driveway, our mission is really our "driving" force. We don't even need to know how many miles to the gallon we're getting. Or how many miles to the hay-bale, as the case may be. We've been given the mission to tell others about the saving grace Christ freely offers.

It's an honor and privilege to take on the mission Jesus began. "God has given us the privilege of urging everyone to come into his favor and be reconciled to him" (2 Corinthians 5:18, LB). And Acts 20:24 says, "My life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus- the work of telling others the Good News about God's wonderful kindness and love." (NLT)

I want my passion for the mission to be fueled by my love for Him. Just the right MPG there: Mission with Purpose born out of a deep love for God. Now there's a reason to ready that fleet! Let's hit the road with the Gospel. If you need a ride, I can hook you up.

Rhonda Rhea is the author of "Who Put the Cat in the Fridge" and other insanely fun books, including "Amusing Grace" and "Turkey Soup for the Soul--Tastes Just Like Chicken." She is a radio personality and humor columnist and speaks at conferences and events nationwide. Rhonda lives in the St. Louis area with her pastor/husband and their five children. Find out more at www.RhondaRhea.net.