• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Downloadable Bible?

Does anyone know where I can get a free downloadable bible from for my mobile phone? It reads any document in .doc form and also had adobe so those versions can be read too. A mate of mine has one on his PDA and seeing as my mobile is a smartphone, I was after one for it too - being the gadget freak that I am :shade:

Oh boy a gadget freak, I'm not alone!!
I have 6 versions on my PDA, can flip between them, it's fun. There a couple of ones to look at. I bought one from Laridian, there is also the Olive Tree for PDA's. Only KJV is free, others need to be purchased. Found Laridan the best one though. From Olive Tree Gods(version) is free. I still want to buy the NIV and the TNIV...
Michele

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

"Does anyone know where I can get a free downloadable bible from for my mobile phone?..." Maven

e-Sword for the Pocket PC!

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
ok I have no CLUE what you guys are talking about!!! lol Hold on while I get my 10 year old to translate jk lol I love ya all Joyfully ~ Jlu

Yeah thanks people, I eventually found a .doc format version. It was either a case of downloading the entire 5Mb file to my phone or do each book individually. I chose the latter and it worked - I even used it in church yesterday, however I felt compelled to tell my pastor later what I was doing, in case he thought I was texting while he preached!

The phone btw is a Nokia 6680 (on the 3 network) which comes with a piece of kit called 'QuickWord' that reads all .doc files - very handy!

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Maven said:
Yeah thanks people, I eventually found a .doc format version. It was either a case of downloading the entire 5Mb file to my phone or do each book individually. I chose the latter and it worked - I even used it in church yesterday, however I felt compelled to tell my pastor later what I was doing, in case he thought I was texting while he preached!

The phone btw is a Nokia 6680 (on the 3 network) which comes with a piece of kit called 'QuickWord' that reads all .doc files - very handy!

Hi, Maven!

I am glad that you found a .doc format version. Praise God.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

I see you all ready found what you needed.

I see you all ready found what you needed.

GOOD thanks to God.

Maven said:
Does anyone know where I can get a free downloadable bible from for my mobile phone? It reads any document in .doc form and also had adobe so those versions can be read too. A mate of mine has one on his PDA and seeing as my mobile is a smartphone, I was after one for it too - being the gadget freak that I am :shade:

Administrator
Staff Member
That's very nice Maven thank you for sharing. In case someone is looking for a free Bible software for their PC, go to www.download.com and download Bible Pro.

Just as an addition to the above, if you go to downloads.com you'll need to search under "BiblePro" and not "bible pro" (two words) as this is how it's listed.