• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Doubt/unbelief

Loyal
Because you are a sinful human being is why you do submit to Christ. Because you are a sinner, you are in good shape because God has made provision for that. If you want to be good first and pleasing to God before you come to Him, He has no provision for that.

How do you see the Christian in his daily walk with God? What do you, or your church, expect to see ?

Quantrill
OMGoodness! That is completely against the Word! The Book says that if she is born again she is NOT a sinner, she's a saint. Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in that the Messiah died on our behalf while we were still sinners. We were. Past tense. We are no longer sinners
Shame, guilt, and condemnation always hinder us from ruling in life. God wants you to succeed; it’s the enemy who wants you to fail. Condemnation and correction both hurt! But there is an absolute difference between the two.

Condemnation, which comes from the enemy, leaves us feeling like there is no way out. We feel that we are forever judged. Correction, on the other hand, offers a way out: repentance. God corrects us to restore our fellowship with Him and to make us more like Him. He always wants to pull us closer, not push us away.
That means, Mr Quantrill, that you are talking like the devil himself to condemn and drive this lovely person away from God. Please, if you can't share Gods love....keep quiet.

Active
OMGoodness! That is completely against the Word! The Book says that if she is born again she is NOT a sinner, she's a saint. Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in that the Messiah died on our behalf while we were still sinners. We were. Past tense. We are no longer sinners
Shame, guilt, and condemnation always hinder us from ruling in life. God wants you to succeed; it’s the enemy who wants you to fail. Condemnation and correction both hurt! But there is an absolute difference between the two.

Condemnation, which comes from the enemy, leaves us feeling like there is no way out. We feel that we are forever judged. Correction, on the other hand, offers a way out: repentance. God corrects us to restore our fellowship with Him and to make us more like Him. He always wants to pull us closer, not push us away.
That means, Mr Quantrill, that you are talking like the devil himself to condemn and drive this lovely person away from God. Please, if you can't share Gods love....keep quiet.

I do not feel this is the place to bicker with you. If you want to address the person in question, that is fine. If you just want to argue with me, I am more than happy to oblige, but not here. Start another thread. I assure you I will participate.

Quantrill

Loyal
I do not feel this is the place to bicker with you. If you want to address the person in question, that is fine. If you just want to argue with me, I am more than happy to oblige, but not here. Start another thread. I assure you I will participate.

Quantrill
Just as long as the OP is clear on your false teaching I'm satisfied.

Hey, thank you so much for replying to my post. Sorry it’s taken me a bit to get back, I just checked my emails and saw that I had a comment. For myself, I’ve noticed that these doubt have gotten worse, and it’s almost like I’m turning into what I feared most to be. But after doing some further research, I realize that I’ve had several moments in my life like this where, after a big event in my life happens, I break down into despair. I am naturally a more anxious person, I just think that’s the way I’m wired. I think a lot of this worry and this fear has come from the fact that I’m just prone more to that sort of thinking.

Really, it’s not that I doubt the things of the Bible, it’s that I doubt that I believe them. It’s not doubting God’s word, I’m worried that I don’t believe it. It’s almost like I’m on the outside, looking in and seeing the truth, and wanting to be there but I feel like I’m not able. Like I am locked out from being able to get into see it. It’s silly, because you’re right, there is no reason do you doubt the things that I do, because they’re reasonable explanations for that. The historical reality of Jesus Christ reason, the flood, things like that. Now, I understand that that is not saving faith, but there’s obvious explanations for things that we don’t understand in the word. Those things take time to figure out. I think that, knowing myself, I am more prone to be insecure and anxious, and I think that that’s where some of this comes in. It just really sucks, because I want to believe so bad, and I’m worried that I’m not submitting to him. Another thing that really worries me is my choice.

It makes me worried that I have a choice. I don’t trust myself and making the right decision, and I guess really of God never intervened, I couldn’t make the right decision in the first place. I understand that man’s responsibility and God’s sovereignty run hand-in-hand, and that’s not something that we can understand.

I do understand too, that God regenerates people, and gives them a desire to believe. Like Jesus is talking to Nicodemus in chapter 3 of John, you have to be born again.

I worried too, because now I don’t feel motivated to persevere. I know that God’s word is true, but I do baseba lot of things off my feelings. I just don’t know how to get around that.
I apologize for my late reply as well. I understand what you mean about how your brain is wired, as my mind has always tended towards anxious thoughts as well.

I think, as others have said, the fact that you are so concerned with this shows that you do ultimately believe this, even if consciously you might feel as though you don't believe it. I think I had similar thoughts as you over the years in the past, thoughts that maybe I didn't really believe things, even though I wanted to. But just remember that God still loves you, through whatever you may be wrestling with in the anxiety and doubts of your cognitive state. He is very gracious and understands how you are feeling and thinking. And I think God, in general, is very understanding people who are suffering in their brain, and with respect to how that may affect their thoughts and feelings.

Also, if anxiety is ever getting too far out of control, it might be worth considering to seek some treatment for it. I think your anxieties at least have a basis in how your brain is wired, as you mentioned, and there can be ways to help alleviate that, and that might be a good idea especially before it potentially gets worse.

Staff Member
Greetings,

remember that the serpent is a liar.... the devil comes out with "don't believe God". That was the basic line hissed in the Garden. Nothing has changed.... still a liar and accuser.

Get your Bible out and read the first few chapters... starting at Genesis.

you can trust the LORD and the very best advice you will ever get is to do that! I have been reminded over the years by man and by the LORD and it is because He is Faithful and True and completely trustworthy. He gave His Word, that we may know Him and the power of His love.
Trust Him

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. Proverb 3:5-8

Bless you ....><>

Hey guys.

My name is Abigail. For the past few months, I’ve been doubting. My doubts have grown so, that I’m not sure I can believe at this point. I’ve had people tell me to believe on Christ, and place my faith in Him. I don’t think I can, and let me explain.
Faith comes from Him. Ephesians say so, and I’m worried I don’t have that. I doubt so much, that I question even my own motives. “Do I truly want to believe?” Or even things that are obvious in my life, done by Him.

I sit under very sound teaching in a reformed church. I was involved in legalism before that, but God brought me to the truth. I know He did. Now, I even question the obvious things, and it scares the daylights out of me. The basics of the faith!

I’ve talked to so many people, and gotten so many different opinions. I’ve read so many books, I’ve prayed. I just don’t think I can believe, and I’m scared. I want to believe, but I even question that desire (which I know is God-given.) I’m so worried I’m an apostate, because I’m basically not believing what I know I’ve heard is true.

The Bible says even demons believe and shudder. I understand, intellectually, how well the Bible makes sense. I get it, I can talk apologetics all day long. It’s something deeper than that for me, and that’s what so frightening. I’m worried it’s a willful decision not to believe. As I said again, I believe in reformed theology. I know His word is true. It’s like I am disbelieving it, even though I don’t want to.

Please tell me there’s someone out there who can relate at all, who has gotten through something like this.

I think I understand.
But when It comes to the things of God, we just have to trust Him, and not rely on our mortal minds.

Somewhere in proverbs 3, it says that we shouldn't lean on our own understandings, but in all our ways, acknowledge Him, and He will direct our paths.

God is so good, because just before I replied to your postext.

I made a similar post to yours on doubt.

And God just whispered the reply to your post.

So it's an answer to my post as well.

Active
You are not wrong to disbelieve. You are questioning yourself and your faith and that is fine. That is perfectly natural and just shows you are growing as a person. You are breaking free and moving towards a secular path that will ultimately lead to a more fulfilling and meaningful life. Our time before death is limited, don't waste it worshiping nonexistent things. Live your life in a fulfilling way that makes you feel whole. Break the shackles of religion that bind you and grow. You will be a better person for it.

Did you read the heading of this subject area? 'Christian counseling'. All you offer is anti-christian vomit. If being a Christian is 'shackles', then give me more of them.

Quantrill