• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Door of the Sheep!

Jesus says that He is the door of the Sheep. This sounds very particular/specific. John 10:7

John 10:7
Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

Loyal
@beloved57
So if you come as a goat or some other beast other than a sheep, you may not be allowed to enter in...

"So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee." Psalm 73:22

"She [Wisdom] hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table." Prov 9:2

@beloved57
So if you come as a goat or some other beast other than a sheep, you may not be allowed to enter in...

"So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee." Psalm 73:22

"She [Wisdom] hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table." Prov 9:2
I have no Idea what you are talking about. What does Jn 10:7 say ?

What does Jesus mean by being the door of the Sheep ? I believe Hes speaking of the way of Salvation because of what He says in vs 9

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Loyal
What does Jesus mean by being the door of the Sheep ? I believe Hes speaking of the way of Salvation because of what He says in vs 9

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
Jesus is the Door, the Way into the place of God. That is He is the Way into the Tree of Life. Man loss access to that Tree, but now the Door is open. Not just any beastly natured man can enter in. We must come meekly as a sheep to it Master.

Jesus is the Door, the Way into the place of God. That is He is the Way into the Tree of Life. Man loss access to that Tree, but now the Door is open. Not just any beastly natured man can enter in. We must come meekly as a sheep to it Master.
I never read this in scripture. Jesus says He's the door of the Sheep in Jn 10:7 and its the door of Salvation vs 9 indicates that.

Loyal
I never read this in scripture. Jesus says He's the door of the Sheep in Jn 10:7 and its the door of Salvation vs 9 indicates that.
How do you suppose we get past the flaming sword at the Gate? If we don't get past that sword how will we ever partake of the Tree of Life. You must be an overcomer in order to eat of that Tree.

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

What is it that you or I have to overcome in order to qualify?

You should read and study all of scripture, rather than the NT only. It is much deeper than you are able to imagine.

How do you suppose we get past the flaming sword at the Gate? If we don't get past that sword how will we ever partake of the Tree of Life. You must be an overcomer in order to eat of that Tree.

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

What is it that you or I have to overcome in order to qualify?

You should read and study all of scripture, rather than the NT only. It is much deeper than you are able to imagine.
Don't know what you talking about. However Jesus specifically says He's the door of the Sheep Jn 10:7 ! Now in Jn 10:11 who doea Jesus specifically says He died for ?

Loyal
John 14:6
Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

We are His Sheep once we are Born Again into Christ.

What does a door do?
It keeps things either In or Out.
He is THEE DOOR and Only Door unto Salvation and The Father.

Blessings
W4F

Active
It is all metaphors, Jesus is the gate and the Good Shepherd, People ( believers / sheep ) only enter heaven through him. Because he is The Good Shepard, his flock can only enter the narrow gate because he died on the cross for them.
Throughout the Bible God is always depicted as separating...wheat from the chaff, the sheep from the goats, believers from unbelievers.....Jesus stands at the gate and separates the Goats from the Sheep, the sheep go into heaven and the Goats go into Hell!

Loyal

Agreed. The pasture is eternal life, Jesus is the way, and the only way to enter.

John 14:6
Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

We are His Sheep once we are Born Again into Christ.

What does a door do?
It keeps things either In or Out.
He is THEE DOOR and Only Door unto Salvation and The Father.

Blessings
W4F
False statement not found in scripture.
.The only way of Salvation is the way for the Sheep.

Loyal
Your false statement was saying that one becomes a Sheep once they're born again in Christ. Thats not scripture!
Ok then where is the scripture that says that's false?

Who are His Sheep?
No other then the ones who Are His.
How do you become His?
By asking Him into your life which is being born again.

So again by what scripture do you see that says that is false?

Blessings

Ok then where is the scripture that says that's false?

Who are His Sheep?
No other then the ones who Are His.
How do you become His?
By asking Him into your life which is being born again.

So again by what scripture do you see that says that is false?

Blessings
Where is the scripture that says its not? Where's the scripture that even says that?