• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Don't Stop Trusting

Staff Member
And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Luke 11:9

Jesus told a story about a man who had a friend arrive at midnight, but he had nothing to feed him. But he knew that his neighbor had lots of bread. So he hurried to his neighbor's house and rapped on the door. At first, his friend refused to get out of bed and give him some loaves, but as Jesus said, " I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth." (Luke 11:8)

That's why Jesus said, "knock, and it shall be opened unto you." In the original Greek, this sentence has the present imperative and present participles, which are often used to give the idea of repeated action. So keep on knocking when heaven seems to be turning a deaf ear.

Don't give up. Don't stop trusting that eventually God will answer. Because if what you are asking for is within His will, He will answer.

Prayer: Father, forgive me for the times I've impatiently given up, thinking You didn't hear or didn't care. Help me to trust that if I persevere, You will eventually answer.