• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Don't Fail To Trust God

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Then the children of Israel again did evil in the sight of the LORD, and served the Baals and the Ashtoreths, the gods of Syria, the gods of Sidon, the gods of Moab, the gods of the people of Ammon, and the gods of the Philistines; and they forsook the LORD and did not serve Him. So the anger of the LORD was hot against Israel; and He sold them into the hands of the Philistines and into the hands of the people of Ammon. From that year they harassed and oppressed the children of Israel for eighteen years--all the children of Israel who [were] on the other side of the Jordan in the land of the Amorites, in Gilead. Judges 10:6-8

Since God has limitless power, and trusting Him plugs you into that power, it's worth knowing: What can cause a disconnect between you?

First of all, trust stems from faith, so you must have faith. You must believe in God. "Without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is" (Hebrews 11:6). You have to not only believe that God exists but that He's an all-powerful deity.

Also, you "must believe…that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (v. 6). You must trust that if you pray, He will answer your prayer. For that, you must believe that He loves you. It's really that simple.

If you don't believe that God exists, has the power to act, and has a deep, enduring love for you, you'll look elsewhere--and if you turn away from God, it's show over. "Cursed be the man…whose heart departeth from the Lord" (Jeremiah 17:5). So put your trust in Him.

Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are God Almighty, and that You love me enough to answer my prayers. May I always trust in you.

Loyal
Heb 11:6; And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Staff Member
Heb 11:6; And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.
Hello Brother,
Yes, this verse was in the second sentence. Yet, I'm with you, it does bear repeating!

Hope all has been going well with you bro.
Neither one of us are as involved as we once were :smile:

Love you brother.
Nick
<><

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jaboyle100 Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0