• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Does the Lord currently live in the "Day of the Lord"?

Active
sorry you have lost me - your question is what exactly?
And no - our Lord God Jesus does not live in the day of the Lord for that is truly the last day for this world as we know it.
Isaiah 13:
6 Wail, for the day of the LORD is near; as destruction from the Almighty it will come!
7 Therefore all hands will be feeble, and every human heart will melt.
8 They will be dismayed: pangs and agony will seize them; they will be in anguish like a woman in labour. They will look aghast at one another; their faces will be aflame.
9 Behold, the day of the LORD comes, cruel, with wrath and fierce anger, to make the land a desolation and to destroy its sinners from it.
10 For the stars of the heavens and their constellations will not give their light; the sun will be dark at its rising, and the moon will not shed its light.
11 I will punish the world for its evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; I will put an end to the pomp of the arrogant, and lay low the pompous pride of the ruthless.

Active
Amos 5:18 Woe to you who desire the day of the LORD! Why would you have the day of the LORD? It is darkness, and not light,

Active
Luke 17:
24 For as the lightning flashes and lights up the sky from one side to the other, so will the Son of Man be in his day.
25 But first he must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.
26 Just as it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the Son of Man.
27 They were eating and drinking and marrying and being given in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.
28 Likewise, just as it was in the days of Lot - they were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building,
29 but on the day when Lot went out from Sodom, fire and sulphur rained from heaven and destroyed them all -
30 so will it be on the day when the Son of Man is revealed.

sorry you have lost me - your question is what exactly?
And no - our Lord God Jesus does not live in the day of the Lord for that is truly the last day for this world as we know it.
Isaiah 13:
6 Wail, for the day of the LORD is near; as destruction from the Almighty it will come!
7 Therefore all hands will be feeble, and every human heart will melt.
8 They will be dismayed: pangs and agony will seize them; they will be in anguish like a woman in labour. They will look aghast at one another; their faces will be aflame.
9 Behold, the day of the LORD comes, cruel, with wrath and fierce anger, to make the land a desolation and to destroy its sinners from it.
10 For the stars of the heavens and their constellations will not give their light; the sun will be dark at its rising, and the moon will not shed its light.
11 I will punish the world for its evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; I will put an end to the pomp of the arrogant, and lay low the pompous pride of the ruthless.

So the day of the Lord is a span of geological time? just 24 hours? Is that your thought?
I'm wondering why Isaiah 10:27 states
And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.

Does that mean there is no "Anointing" now?
Or, does "In that day" refer to another day?

Zephaniah 1:14
The great day of the Lord is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the Lord: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.

Active
So the day of the Lord is a span of geological time? just 24 hours? Is that your thought?
The Day of the LORD is an event - every eye shall see him - what leads up to this day will be calamitous and have occurred over sometime before hand, but the Lord's return in power and glory with his angels will happen quickly.
Mat 24:
21 for then shall be great tribulation, such as hath not been from the world’s beginning until now, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days had been shortened, no flesh would have been saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.

The Day of the LORD is an event - every eye shall see him - what leads up to this day will be calamitous and have occurred over sometime before hand, but the Lord's return in power and glory with his angels will happen quickly.
Mat 24:
21 for then shall be great tribulation, such as hath not been from the world’s beginning until now, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days had been shortened, no flesh would have been saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.

So we can't live in John 14:20 now? -
“At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.”
Or, is that talking about another day?

Active
I'm wondering why Isaiah 10:27 states
And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.
this is about the yoke of the Assyrians not about the Day of the LORD
Isaiah 10:
24 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD of hosts: “O my people, who dwell in Zion, be not afraid of the Assyrians when they strike with the rod and lift up their staff against you as the Egyptians did.
25 For in a very little while my fury will come to an end, and my anger will be directed to their destruction.
26 And the LORD of hosts will wield against them a whip, as when he struck Midian at the rock of Oreb. And his staff will be over the sea, and he will lift it as he did in Egypt.
27 And in that day his burden will depart from your shoulder, and his yoke from your neck; and the yoke will be broken because of the fat.”

Matthew Henry give a commentary on this:
They shall be wholly delivered from the power of the Assyrian, and from the fear of it, (Isaiah 10:27). “They shall not only be eased of the Assyrian army, which is now quartered upon them and which is a grievous yoke and burden to them, but they shall no more pay that tribute to the king of Assyria which before this invasion he exacted from them (2Kings 18:14), shall be no longer at his service, nor lie at his mercy, as they have done; nor shall he ever again put the country under contribution.”

this is about the yoke of the Assyrians not about the Day of the LORD
Isaiah 10:
24 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD of hosts: “O my people, who dwell in Zion, be not afraid of the Assyrians when they strike with the rod and lift up their staff against you as the Egyptians did.
25 For in a very little while my fury will come to an end, and my anger will be directed to their destruction.
26 And the LORD of hosts will wield against them a whip, as when he struck Midian at the rock of Oreb. And his staff will be over the sea, and he will lift it as he did in Egypt.
27 And in that day his burden will depart from your shoulder, and his yoke from your neck; and the yoke will be broken because of the fat.”

Matthew Henry give a commentary on this:
They shall be wholly delivered from the power of the Assyrian, and from the fear of it, (Isaiah 10:27). “They shall not only be eased of the Assyrian army, which is now quartered upon them and which is a grievous yoke and burden to them, but they shall no more pay that tribute to the king of Assyria which before this invasion he exacted from them (2Kings 18:14), shall be no longer at his service, nor lie at his mercy, as they have done; nor shall he ever again put the country under contribution.”

So that Anointing to Destroy the Yoke that christians speak of from Isaiah 10:27, is a false doctrine?

Active
So we can't live in John 14:20 now? -
What has this to day with the Day of the LORD?? Nothing
John 14:
16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,
17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.
20 In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.
21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”

In that day refers to when a convert receives the baptism of the Holy Spirit and speaks in new tongues - then one knows that they are in God and God is in them.
Colossians 1:
26 the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints.
27 To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Loyal
My second question is, What is the Light of the Day of the Lord?

Amos 5:18; Alas, you who are longing for the day of the LORD, For what purpose will the day of the LORD be to you? It will be darkness and not light;
Amos 5:20; Will not the day of the LORD be darkness instead of light, Even gloom with no brightness in it?

What has this to day with the Day of the LORD?? Nothing
John 14:
16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,
17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.
20 In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.
21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”

In that day refers to when a convert receives the baptism of the Holy Spirit and speaks in new tongues - then one knows that they are in God and God is in them.
Colossians 1:
26 the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints.
27 To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

You left out John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." - The Hope of GLORY!!

Loyal
John 14:20; "In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.
John 14:21; "He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."

Amos 5:18; Alas, you who are longing for the day of the LORD, For what purpose will the day of the LORD be to you? It will be darkness and not light;
Amos 5:20; Will not the day of the LORD be darkness instead of light, Even gloom with no brightness in it?

It does start out as darkness -- as the "sun is darkened, the moon turns to blood and the stars fall from heaven" -
spiritual interpretation there of course.

Loyal
It does start out as darkness -- as the "sun is darkened, the moon turns to blood and the stars fall from heaven" -
spiritual interpretation there of course.

Matt 24:29; "But immediately after the tribulation of those days THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Active
Matt 24:29; "But immediately after the tribulation of those days THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
There are many descriptions concerning the last days will end in nuclear war, radiation poisoning (wormwood) and nuclear winter.

Still waiting for an explanation of this question by you to me. What is this about?
The full verse of Isaiah 10:27 speaks of "In that day" - so my question is, if that day is the Day of the Lord, and you believe it's sometime in the future, then that would mean christian's should not quote Isaiah 10:27 about the "Anointing destroying the Yoke".
Right? They would still be in the Day of Adam.