• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Does the Bible talk about being wrong because of lack of understanding?

Things to consider:
How many ways can a person be saved?
How many denominations are there, are they all correct in their theology? If not which one is right?
If there were 12 Apostles what was the purpose of including Paul?
Does God think it's not important to understand (discern) The Bible?

The Best Way to gain Knowledge in Scripture is to ask questions.
Never settle in one understanding but always be open minded.
Study what you have learned to codify your understanding
There is not one person who can say they know everything about the Bible.
Be suspicious of those who flash their diplomas.
Always ask for scripture to prove the idea.

According to scripture everyone deserves death and eternal damnation but Jesus died as the perfect sacrifice so that they who will believe in Him shall be saved from God's coming wrath.
Knowing that Jesus shed His blood, died, was resurrected to Glory and sits at the right Hand of The Father is the best place to start learning more about our promise of heaven for those written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

Loyal
2Tim 2:15; Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Acts 17:11; These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Jas 1:21; Therefore, putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls.

Things to consider:
How many ways can a person be saved?
How many denominations are there, are they all correct in their theology? If not which one is right?
If there were 12 Apostles what was the purpose of including Paul?
Does God think it's not important to understand (discern) The Bible?

The Best Way to gain Knowledge in Scripture is to ask questions.
Never settle in one understanding but always be open minded.
Study what you have learned to codify your understanding
There is not one person who can say they know everything about the Bible.
Be suspicious of those who flash their diplomas.
Always ask for scripture to prove the idea.

According to scripture everyone deserves death and eternal damnation but Jesus died as the perfect sacrifice so that they who will believe in Him shall be saved from God's coming wrath.
Knowing that Jesus shed His blood, died, was resurrected to Glory and sits at the right Hand of The Father is the best place to start learning more about our promise of heaven for those written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to Me. Seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
Hosea 4:6

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to Me. Seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
Hosea 4:6

Can a person draw himself to the Lord?

Can a person who has never known God say, "Today I will become religious and I will be excepted."

Or are they strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Jesus said "no one can come to Me unless the Father draws him".

Can a person draw himself to the Lord?

Can a person who has never known God say, "Today I will become religious and I will be excepted."

Or are they strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Jesus said "no one can come to Me unless the Father draws him".
I don't think all humans have this desire because some have no intention of learning anything spiritual and do not want anything to do with Jesus or God. These people are actually not approachable and I think they are not of God. How can these people not want to know God? I do not understand this lack of desire or blatant denial and disregard in any sense. It is their choice but I do not relate AT ALL. I think Jesus knows better than we do, and if the Lord does not draw someone in to know Jesus, I suspect they are not supposed to, for whatever reason. It is not for us to know why or judge it. We just need to focus on other people who may be more approachable but in this day and age we must be selective about who we talk to Christ about because there are people who will get very angry to hear the truth.

Active
We have access to an abundant more knowledge now, and probably more ,than anytime in history, considering what the the early Christians had. That's why Paul wrote His letters. Even then it was 200 yrs. before a book was compiled. Its easy to research online and copy, paste, and print. But, much of the world, and even in the US are without computers and internet. Remember, just 50 yrs ago, to study the bible you had to go to a bible school to have access to knowledge and materials. 100 yrs ago, you only knew of the KJB. That's it, Find a church with a Bible schooled preacher and attend Sunday school was all that the we had for 1800 yrs..

Yet, the less learned Christians had more faith through the generations. Families sat around the fireplace and talked about the Bible. At the dinner table, they talked about the bible, at worked they talked about the bible, and yes, at elementary and high school there was prayer and bible classes and preachers would come and talk at school assemblies, pray at football and baseball games. We had mission trips in high school.

How far we have come away from that in just 50 yrs. is our fault. It a proactive mission on our part. Think of all the people who can't read.

Jesus became the perfect sacrifice for all; He is seated at the right hand of the Father....

---that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

---Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

From KJV, the word until signifies a time period: The Lord said (through men of God), Jews suffer until the fullness and the times of the Gentiles be come in, be fulfilled.

What happens to the gentiles after this?

What happens to the Jews after this?

We have access to an abundant more knowledge now, and probably more ,than anytime in history, considering what the the early Christians had. That's why Paul wrote His letters. Even then it was 200 yrs. before a book was compiled. Its easy to research online and copy, paste, and print. But, much of the world, and even in the US are without computers and internet. Remember, just 50 yrs ago, to study the bible you had to go to a bible school to have access to knowledge and materials. 100 yrs ago, you only knew of the KJB. That's it, Find a church with a Bible schooled preacher and attend Sunday school was all that the we had for 1800 yrs..

Yet, the less learned Christians had more faith through the generations. Families sat around the fireplace and talked about the Bible. At the dinner table, they talked about the bible, at worked they talked about the bible, and yes, at elementary and high school there was prayer and bible classes and preachers would come and talk at school assemblies, pray at football and baseball games. We had mission trips in high school.

How far we have come away from that in just 50 yrs. is our fault. It a proactive mission on our part. Think of all the people who can't read.
I do not know anyone who cannot read yet they choose not to read the Bible. Also with the internet think of all the temptation that came to satan's disposal- and as we get closer to Jesus return to get His church satan has been working overtime determined to see no man gain what he lost and feels should be rightfully his. Ever since Jesus came and took the keys to hell and paved a way for mankind to get to heaven satan's war against man intensified because God did not prepare a way for him to return. His jealousy is seething and he will stop at nothing to harden the hearts of men and make hell appear as a myth. I have been given information that recently 3 very powerful demons have been let loose on the earth to intensify wealth, lust and homicide. We must stay strong as sirens have been deployed to display impossible beauty to burn the eyes of men to make them leave their wives in search of younger more attractive women. Chains sit broken and empty on the floor in hell in place of where these powerful demons were where they have been kept up until now as satan felt now was the time to release them and they are hungry for blood from being chained for so long. We must focus on the Lord and recognize these forces as we will soon see their effects in the headlines everywhere. My insights are not biblical-I am just sharing what has been made known to me.

Loyal
I have come into more view of "Biblical Light" by believing the written "Truth" before my eyes, and more layer of scales it seems has fallen off. Concerning this "Truth" "GOD the Father" do not want them to see! If you can believe that and make it over that hump. HE might give you more Light!

(John 12)BSB
37Although Jesus had performed so many signs in their presence, they still did not believe in Him.38This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet:
“Lord, who has believed our message?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?”g
39For this reason they were unable to believe. For again, Isaiah says:
40He has blinded their eyes
and hardened their hearts,
so that they cannot see with their eyes,
and understand with their hearts,
and turn,
and I would heal them.
h [HE doe not want to heal them]
41Isaiah said these things because he saw Jesus’ glory and spoke about Him. 42Nevertheless, many of the leaders believed in Him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, for fear that they would be put out of the synagogue. 43For they loved praise from men more than praise from God.

[they loved the church more than they loved GOD] [they love the honor that came from man than the dis-honor that came from man for honoring GOD]
BRACKETS

Isaiah 6:10
Make the hearts of this people calloused; deafen their ears and close their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.

(1 Kings 22)NASB
19And Micaiah said, “Therefore, hear the word of the LORD. I saw the LORD sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing by Him on His right and on His left. 20And the LORD said, ‘Who will entice Ahab to go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?’ And one said this while another said that. 21“Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD and said, ‘I will entice him.22“And the LORD said to him, ‘How?’ And he said, ‘I will go out and be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ Then He said, ‘You are to entice him and also prevail. Go and do so.’23“Now therefore, behold, the LORD has put a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets; and the LORD has proclaimed disaster against you.

If GOD did it to him, He will do it to you too!:eyes: You better stay on the PATH! I don't care what 'Johnny' do, stay on the path! And don't let your Anger go down with the Sun, and have you a glass "Hot Milk" and go to bed!:eyes: Some of you do not know The difference between "GOD the Father" and 'GOD the SON" you keep messing around, you will! I don't think GOD the Father smile at all:neutral: I don't think He know any jokes either. I wouldn't put HIM to the Test:worried:

I have come into more view of "Biblical Light" by believing the written "Truth" before my eyes, and more layer of scales it seems has fallen off. Concerning this "Truth" "GOD the Father" do not want them to see! If you can believe that and make it over that hump. HE might give you more Light!

(John 12)BSB
37Although Jesus had performed so many signs in their presence, they still did not believe in Him.38This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet:
“Lord, who has believed our message?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?”g
39For this reason they were unable to believe. For again, Isaiah says:
40He has blinded their eyes
and hardened their hearts,
so that they cannot see with their eyes,
and understand with their hearts,
and turn,
and I would heal them.
h [HE doe not want to heal them]
41Isaiah said these things because he saw Jesus’ glory and spoke about Him. 42Nevertheless, many of the leaders believed in Him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, for fear that they would be put out of the synagogue. 43For they loved praise from men more than praise from God.

[they loved the church more than they loved GOD] [they love the honor that came from man than the dis-honor that came from man for honoring GOD]
BRACKETS

Isaiah 6:10
Make the hearts of this people calloused; deafen their ears and close their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.

(1 Kings 22)NASB
19And Micaiah said, “Therefore, hear the word of the LORD. I saw the LORD sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing by Him on His right and on His left. 20And the LORD said, ‘Who will entice Ahab to go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?’ And one said this while another said that. 21“Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD and said, ‘I will entice him.22“And the LORD said to him, ‘How?’ And he said, ‘I will go out and be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ Then He said, ‘You are to entice him and also prevail. Go and do so.’23“Now therefore, behold, the LORD has put a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets; and the LORD has proclaimed disaster against you.

If GOD did it to him, He will do it to you too!:eyes: You better stay on the PATH! I don't care what 'Johnny' do, stay on the path! And don't let your Anger go down with the Sun, and have you a glass "Hot Milk" and go to bed!:eyes: Some of you do not know The difference between "GOD the Father" and 'GOD the SON" you keep messing around, you will! I don't think GOD the Father smile at all:neutral: I don't think He know any jokes either. I wouldn't put HIM to the Test:worried:
This cannot be true because He made the seahorse didn't He? God the Father can be felt smiling when He said " This is My Beloved Son, with who I am well pleased." 2 Peter 1:17
But yeah. For the most part God the Father is not amused or happy at all. I can't say I blame Him. Mankind as a whole has become an atrocity.