• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Does my unanswered prayer mean something?

I asked my Dad to pray for me, I submitted prayer requests online to churches, and I think one church member prayed for me. I lost my passport in my home two weeks ago and still can't find it, and lose things more often than most people but this is very important. I had it in my hand but what it is now, i don't know. I know this sounds very minor but it was very costly. my Dad thinks God doesn't want to go on a trip to Jamaica with my Mom. Although I lost it two weeks ago, my Mom is still upset with about me since she renewed it.

Does this mean anything? Am I asking a request that is against God's Will or something? Is it selfish to have what is lost revealed? Am I doing something wrong? I really don't get it. I asked to hear different opinions.

Active
Your prayer sounds to me like a valid one that God should answer. A passport is a very important document, and I'll help you find it. When I loose, or can't find something that I need, first of all, I ask Jesus to help me find it as I look around the house. You may have already done this, but when I enter each room I keep asking Jesus to find it. If you do this, you'll find your passport.

Because I can feel your frustration, I'll pray for you....Dear Jesus, You have helped me find lost items more than I can remember. Now Janell has lost her passport, if she hasn't found it by now, I'm asking You to help her find it very soon, even today. Thank you Jesus for your love for Janell, I know You'll help her, in Your Name, amen

I asked my Dad to pray for me, I submitted prayer requests online to churches, and I think one church member prayed for me. I lost my passport in my home two weeks ago and still can't find it, and lose things more often than most people but this is very important. I had it in my hand but what it is now, i don't know. I know this sounds very minor but it was very costly. my Dad thinks God doesn't want to go on a trip to Jamaica with my Mom. Although I lost it two weeks ago, my Mom is still upset with about me since she renewed it.

Does this mean anything? Am I asking a request that is against God's Will or something? Is it selfish to have what is lost revealed? Am I doing something wrong? I really don't get it. I asked to hear different opinions.
The simplest explanation is usually the right one, maybe someone....not mentioning names....hid it on you.

Your prayer sounds to me like a valid one that God should answer. A passport is a very important document, and I'll help you find it. When I loose, or can't find something that I need, first of all, I ask Jesus to help me find it as I look around the house. You may have already done this, but when I enter each room I keep asking Jesus to find it. If you do this, you'll find your passport.

Because I can feel your frustration, I'll pray for you....Dear Jesus, You have helped me find lost items more than I can remember. Now Janell has lost her passport, if she hasn't found it by now, I'm asking You to help her find it very soon, even today. Thank you Jesus for your love for Janell, I know You'll help her, in Your Name, amen
YAY Chopper! Glad to see you are here too! Well played brother!

Sometimes things simply aren't given to us in an efficient, predictable, and easily receivable manner. (IE, see the book of Job if you have doubts on this...LOL) I am reminded of Daniel in the book of Daniel chapter 10. Daniel was at a key point in his journey and things in Israel were looking pretty dour to say the least; to make matters worse Daniel was having all kinds of crazy visions and dreams from God. Thus, he decided to seek God in prayer until he had a clear answer to his prayer. So he spent 21 days praying and fasting...waiting three weeks with no answer; continuing to pray and trust God anyway. Finally, three weeks in; an angel appears and says: 'Daniel from the very moment you turned your heart to God for understanding, your prayer was heard and answered in heaven. But for 21 days I have been fighting with the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia to get this message through to you."

Fact of the matter is, things happen according to God's will in God's timing; and the enemy will obstruct any movement of God in any way he can. I wouldn't put too much weight in the "absence of a return on prayer," just yet. It may be that God is waiting for the right time to move so that things can work out the way they need to. Also, consider that God's answer can be "For sure son!" or it can be,"Not just yet son!" or it can even be,"I'm sorry son but I have a different plan for you." We do well not to judge our return on prayer based on the return reflecting or not reflecting what we expect.

As for asking these things, don't even trip. Father is a God of providence and abundance, happy to bestow blessing and favor on His children. If you have a need, no matter how small it is you have a blood bought right to ask it in Jesus name. You are royalty brother, and have an inheritance and wealth of promises that are yours to claim and proclaim!(That doesn't ensure the answer is yes mind you...LOL.) But no matter how frivolous or inane our request may seem, even if it appears redundant ...don't stress. Truly to God all earthly matters are both frivolous and redundant by its very nature anyhow-in the grand scheme of things. Ask away but ask believing.

I hope this brings some clarity and encouragement to your situation. God Bless!

One thing I must add to this thread....
Remember that "No" is an answer. Sometimes there is a bigger picture that we do not see, and when things do not seem to go our way we pray.
A prayer is never left un-answered.
We seem to think that when God does not give what we asked, He has not answered us...
This is not the case, when in fact He has answered us, but he has said, "No"

Proverbs 16:9 says:
A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps. (KJV)

Remember these words.
Remember that your plans might not always be God's plans, and that, "No" is an answer.

Loyal
Although I cannot find it now, I recall that the original poster of the OP did state on another thread that God had answered her prayer. She did find the lost passport prior to the trip she needed to make.

I love the Lord with all my heart and soul and He has been there for me in almost every way. He has answered so many of my prayers except one and I tell myself remain faithful and trust God for He will give me the desires of my heart, but when after so many years no answer seems to be coming, when do you stop and say God is saying no to you? I have asked God to remove the desire and replace it with other things, but I can't seem to shake it. Most days I am strong and move on doing the work the Lord leads me to, but then there are days that I become weepy and question whether God hears me. I just needed a forum to vent in.