• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Does money bring happiness?

I was fortunate to listen to an interview of one of our prominent Australian radio personalities. He was being interviewed on a television show about his life and his 50 year career in the radio and television industry.

He talked about the fact that he was extremely fortunate to have a lot of money, because of his job. He owns many expensive cars and lives in a large home. His family life, however was not that great as he had two failed marriages. He is now married once again.

He said that with all this money and material wealth he can not understand why he isn't really happy. He now has another wife and step children.There are many times he said that lies in bed depressed, and can not understand if it is all worth the trouble. All the money he has earned through his employment has not made him happier person. He seems to not have a Christian faith. (If only he did have a faith in God.)

In my opinion, if he only realised that lots of money and wealth do not bring lasting happiness. A lot of money can sometimes make life a little easier, but I have noticed that it is the very poor people of the world that often seem to be more happier within themselves. I have met such people in the country of Papua New Guinea.

These are only my opinions. They may of course differ to your views.

It is a faith in God and the hope of eternal life, that gives our lives real meaning and peace. Praise to God!

Your comments are welcome.
Life49

Last edited:
Money is

That`s true money alone will never bring happiness as long as you don`t use that money in the way that Christ want you to use it.
Knowing that you have used your money to save someone who was about to loose his/her life gives you happiness in your heart.
Knowing the reason why God gave you that money will never give you a headache.
It`s a question of who you believe in in and whom you would to put first on making the right decision for you on how to use that money.
As long as you don`t let Christ show you how to use that money in the way that he sees it worth there will be more sadness and trouble in your life and your money.
It`s always great to look back at the steps and footprints that took you to where you are, definitely you will realize the hand of the Lord upon your life and know every reason why he gave that money you. Once you know that, then you will have no trouble with your money
Once you know that, then the saying more money more problems will never exist in your life.
Thank you for bringing up that subject
GBU
Shingie

Ann

Life49
These are only my opinions. They may of course differ to your views.

It is a good opinion and true - money can't make anyone happy, it can make things easier yes, but only God by filling the void in each person can bring true happiness!

Blessings!

I read in MacLean's (a Canadian news magazine) that money can't bring you happiness if you use it to buy material goods--big house, expensive cars, etc.

Money can, however, bring you happiness if you spend it on immaterial goods. Spend your money on something that will bring your family closer together, on education, on ways to reduce stress (e.g., instead of doing chores yourself, hire a servant), etc.

Thank you for all your replies.

Another reason, what prompted me to start this subject, is because I have seen it many times how large amounts of money have destroyed lives and relationships.

We occasionally have people who win large amounts of money here in Australia. Most people want to spend it on lavish lifestyles and holidays, but sooner or later this all ends, as the money runs out. Spending it just on oneself does not bring personal happiness

As you put it correctly "Shingie".

Knowing that you have used your money to save someone who was about to loose his/her life gives you happiness in your heart.
Knowing the reason why God gave you that money will never give you a headache.
It`s a question of who you believe in and whom you would to put first on making the right decision for you on how to use that money.
As long as you don`t let Christ show you how to use that money in the way that he sees it worth there will be more sadness and trouble in your life and your money.
]

Asking God's wisdom on how to use large amounts of money for the welfare of others, and to build positive relationships, is in my opinion the most important thing to do in this situation.

It is quite alright to enjoy a little of the money on oneself, but the majority of it should be used to help the under privileged and less fortunate people in today's world. That's what God would want us to do.

Life49

Last edited:
I would like to note that even though money cannot buy happiness by any means, it surely can bless life.

Unless someone has watched a loved one suffering from sickness and not have the means to give the best of care you just cannot know how important money can be. How many times I have watched the elderly pushed into crowded space with uncongenial room mates because of lack of money.

Money is a blessing. Surely we all know that it cannot buy joy, peace, or hope. But oh how it can bless. It can keep the elderly independent. It can bless the handicapped. It can open the door for dreams to be fulfilled in the working world. This world demands the use of money. Therefore as long as we are living in this present system money is a blessing. I think rather it is the selfish flesh that is the curse.