• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Does Jesus love satan?

Active
Hi Brothers and sisters,

So here's my question; Jesus tells us to love our enemies (satan is the enemy). Does that mean we should love pagans, evildoers, the wicked and satan and his emmiseries?

Thanks guys.

Active
Hi Brothers and sisters,

So here's my question; Jesus tells us to love our enemies (satan is the enemy). Does that mean we should love pagans, evildoers, the wicked and satan and his emmiseries?

Thanks guys.
The weapons of the enemy are violence hatred malice etc.. with these weapons, they control those they see as weak. Our weapons are peace, love kindness patience etc.. Our weapons defuse the weapons of the enemy, as soon as we use the weapons of the enemy, such as hatred, (if we hate Satan) we then lose the battle. The question to ask, is, would we feed Satan if he turned up at our house hungry?

Active
The weapons of the enemy are violence hatred malice etc.. with these weapons, they control those they see as weak. Our weapons are peace, love kindness patience etc.. Our weapons defuse the weapons of the enemy, as soon as we use the weapons of the enemy, such as hatred, (if we hate Satan) we then lose the battle. The question to ask, is, would we feed Satan if he turned up at our house hungry?
Thank you Trevor, that has answered my question perfectly clearly. I had no knowledge that our 'weapons' are of love and peace etc, that defuse the weapons of the enemy. That is very enlightening and something I can call on when I have any future problems with the enemy. :blush:
And I can honestly say I would feed him if he ever turned up at my home hungry. He's trying to make amends. I just pray that his emissaries will follow his lead.
Thank you brother.

Loyal
He's trying to make amends

Hmmm... just curious... why do you think that?

I had no knowledge that our 'weapons' are of love and peace etc, that defuse the weapons of the enemy

We have defensive weapons, and one offensive weapon.

Eph 6:10; Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.
Eph 6:11; Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.
Eph 6:12; For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Eph 6:13; Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Eph 6:14; Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
Eph 6:15; and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
Eph 6:17; And take the helmet of salvation,...

all of these are defensive weapons... but we have one offensive weapon. We have a sword.

...and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. (end of Eph 6:17; )

James 4:7; Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

I don't know that I would be too hasty to make friends with Satan.

James 4:4; You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God

I assure you, Satan does not want to be your friend, nor does he have your best interest in mind.

1Pet 5:8; Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
1Pet 5:9; But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world.

Loyal
I don't know if God loves Satan or not, but it may not matter. In the end Satan's fate is already determined.

Rev 20:10; And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Loyal
The Bible is given to us to tell all that we need to know, but it does not give us everything we'd like to know. On this question and others like it, the Bible is silent.

Active
Does it matter? Satan does not want God's love. He is determined to take us all to hell with him.

Active
The Bible is given to us to tell all that we need to know, but it does not give us everything we'd like to know. On this question and others like it, the Bible is silent.

God's love is so massive that we can't even comprehend as humans but I also believe it is the mercy of God that we do not know all the answers and that we differ even as Christians.

Loyal
To love your enemies is to "hate" these things.

Pro 6:16 There are six things that the LORD hates, seven that are an abomination to him:
Pro 6:17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
Pro 6:18 a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil,
Pro 6:19 a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

Unfortunately, Satan does all of these things.

Active
Hmmm... just curious... why do you think that?

We have defensive weapons, and one offensive weapon.

Eph 6:10; Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.
Eph 6:11; Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.
Eph 6:12; For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Eph 6:13; Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Eph 6:14; Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
Eph 6:15; and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
Eph 6:17; And take the helmet of salvation,...

all of these are defensive weapons... but we have one offensive weapon. We have a sword.

...and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. (end of Eph 6:17; )

James 4:7; Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

I don't know that I would be too hasty to make friends with Satan.

James 4:4; You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God

I assure you, Satan does not want to be your friend, nor does he have your best interest in mind.

1Pet 5:8; Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
1Pet 5:9; But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world.
Hi B-A-C
I don't think you'd believe me if I tell you why I know he's trying to make amends (satan) but he is.
But the crux of the matter is that God is giving him the chance of salvation, if he can pass the test that God has given him. This information has been given to me by God.
There are far worse dark forces, powerful and totally ruthless in the heavenly realms. Satan (Lucifer), is small fry in comparison.
I am a humble servant, a messenger and a witness for Christ.
Jesus loves us. Take heart, the war is already won.

Loyal
I don't think you'd believe me if I tell you why I know he's trying to make amends (satan) but he is.
But the crux of the matter is that God is giving him the chance of salvation, if he can pass the test that God has given him. This information has been given to me by God.

God never goes against what the Bible says. Satan will not repent. The Bible says angels cannot be redeemed.
I sincerely doubt this was given to you by God.

Active
God never goes against what the Bible says. Satan will not repent. The Bible says angels cannot be redeemed.
I sincerely doubt this was given to you by God.

Col 1:20 "And, having made peace by the blood of his cross, by him to RECONCILE ALL THINGS unto himself; by him I say, whether they be things in earth or things in heaven."

What is left out if ALL THINGS in heaven and in earth are to be reconciled?

Loyal
What is left out if ALL THINGS in heaven and in earth are to be reconciled?

Burning up the bad things and getting rid of them is part of the reconciliation.
When dust returns to dust and ash returns to ash.. it is reconciled.

To take this a little further. When righteous judgment is passed on everything.. it will be reconciled.
Some things will be reconciled to judgment.

Loyal
There is no salvation for angels. Angels have no "help" by who Jesus Christ came to save.

Heb 2:14 Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil,
Heb 2:15 and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery.
Heb 2:16 For surely it is not angels that he helps, but he helps the offspring of Abraham.

Active
Burning up the bad things and getting rid of them is part of the reconciliation.
When dust returns to dust and ash returns to ash.. it is reconciled.

To take this a little further. When righteous judgment is passed on everything.. it will be reconciled.
Some things will be reconciled to judgment.

Satan is a spiritual being that won't turn to dust. Spiritual beings are not hurt by fire. Whenever one sees that the fire mentioned in Revelation is the fire of the Spirit of
God that removes the impurities in a being then you will begin to understand how reconciliation of all things can actually take place. As Jesus said ALL THINGS are
possible with God.

Reconciliation=The restoration of family relations, reuniting, reunion.

Understanding that the creation was made subject to vanity by God so that it could be restored back to a better state is of vital importance in understanding
Satans role. Since Jesus has all power in heaven and earth, why does he tell us that Satan will cast some of you into prison to try you and you will have tribulation
10 days be thou faithful unto death............ Satan is only fulfilling what he was assigned to do as part of a maturing process for the elect.
The tree of the knowledge of good and evil was placed in the garden of Eden by God and it was Satan. Consider that when they did what he suggested in that day
of 1000 yrs they died as they became the servants of sin unto death. The fruit was knowledge. We do not get knowledge from eating food but from hearing or reading.
A tree cannot provide that. But Satan did.
If the tree as God calls him was put there by him and he was created to be the destroyer of mens spirituality and did what he was assigned to do, how was he
wrong in what he did?

Even the Bible calls Satan a son of God in Job 2:1

Reconciliation to ones spouse is to reunite, so why in this instance do we burn up those that are seen as irreconcilable when the scripture tells us that all things
are to be reconciled unto God because of the shed blood of Jesus?
If God had not used Satan to bring death and condemnation to men then Jesus' coming and sacrifice would not have been necessary. But it was and is Gods
intention to Have Jesus rule over all of the creation including Satan himself.
The destruction of death requires that no one can any longer die and it is the last enemy to be destroyed. Satan must be destroyed through reconciliation to
fulfill scripture as he is part of the all things prior to the destruction of death.

Loyal
Rev 20:10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Active
Rev 20:10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

The beast and the false prophet are the governments and false religions composed of people. The leader of those groups is Satan
(who receives his power and dominion from God) and will cause torment upon those 2 groups, and others, day and night. Thats his job.

"Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made."

"Thou hast been in the garden of God ; every precious stone was thy covering.............the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in
the day that thou wast created."

"Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee."

The iniquity that was found in him was put there in order to serve the purposes of God.
Satan who is a created being can do nothing that he is not allowed or even instructed to do, i.e. Job, and the crucifixion of Jesus. And both were for the benefit of
the receivers of that evil.
Indeed there is no true God other than the Father and everything that exists came from him, evil included. And if it continues to exist its because it has a purpose to
fulfill in his plan/will. Isaiah 45:7

".............all things were created by him, and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist."
".........I have created the waster to destroy."
" What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?"

Consider that one single angel tosses Satan into prison for 1000 yrs and then he is let out to deceive the nations once again. Why?
Why did Jesus just not destroy him when he was glorified and had been given all power in heaven and earth 2000 yrs ago?
He is as necessary to your internal battle of spirit vs flesh as air is to your continued existence. Without the waster as an adversary there is no maturing taking place
because there is nothing to overcome temptation wise. Jas 1:2
This is why all the people born during the millennial reign will not come to spirit birth even though they are there with Jesus and the firstborn sons of God. They will die
and be consumed by the fire that comes from heaven at the battle.
After resurrection which is right after that they are judged according to their works and tossed into the second death, which is the repeat of what you see today
with Satan being the inflicter of evil upon the elect of God as God brings forth another harvest of sons.

Some things must be read spiritually and not physically in order to get what is being said.
Example: why judge according to works if they are not written in the lambs book of life? Why judge at all just toss em in and skip judging.
Judged according to works is a clue as to what level of spiritual maturity was achieved during the first death and they will be restored to that place to begin again
exactly where they left off.
In the second death all flesh will have seen Jesus and the firstborn sons of God, and as Jesus states "He that has believed without seeing is more blessed than he
that must see to believe." This is part of the better resurrection issue. Not that we can choose to be in the first as it is God who does the choosing and Jesus
perfects.

Ever wonder why God took credit for destroying Job, when it was Satan that did the killing and inflicting of all evil upon him and his house? Job 2:3, 2:7
Ever wonder why Jesus said his crucifixion was a thing of God, but the betrayal was from Satan and the crucifixion was a result of evil?
Did Job get a seeing relationship with God from his trials, where before it was only a relationship based upon hearing? Job 42:5
Do you suppose that in order for Jesus to learn obedience and be perfected he needed to suffer, Heb 5:8-9 and thus was inflicted with betrayal, pain, agony, separation
from God etc...He was handed over to Satan for destruction for his own maturing by the love of his Father. And we see how he turned out.

Satan must be restored to his original position before being cast to the earth to be the VP of evil. This is the only way that ALL THINGS can be reconciled.

IMO angels were never intended to be lost or saved they are just ministers of either good or evil according to their appointed task. The unclean spirits
know God and tremble, they know Jesus and bow to his authority, they have been witness to all that God has done as they along with Satan were with God
before being put in charge of the vanity that God subjected the earth to in hope that it will be set free by the manifesting of his first crop of sons. Rom 8:20-21

Isaiah 45:11 "Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands
command ye me."

Bringing forth sons that glorify God the Father is the only reason the world or anything in it exists. As soon as that sinks in the rest becomes much clearer.

The Word was God is the expression John used to signify that Gods plan was to reproduce himself as it was spoken in a future tense, We see Jesus who was
declared to be a God as he had been perfected into the substance of God which is agape love thus the first or original blueprint. If we are to follow him to sit
in his throne as he sits in his Fathers throne we too must become agape love, and this is the will of God that we will become what he is. The tools he chooses
to use are not at fault as they are just tools used to perfect his sons.
Jesus forgave those that scourged and crucified him and we must do the same when the time comes to hang on our own cross. We are told to take up our
cross and follow him. That eventually led to Calgary where he was crucified, and you too will eventually find yourself hanging on that cross you carried
all those years as your perfection comes to a close and all because of the love of God for you. My ways and my thoughts are higher than yours.

If we stop to consider that Love begat love in that God begat Jesus who became a God as he became agape love then what should your end be if
begotten of God through the Spirit of his Son who is also love? Gal 4:6

Quit blaming the tools and realize that all comes from the Father to perfect whom he has chosen. And if that be you rejoice that he has bestowed that love
on you now.

Active
Satan is a spiritual being that won't turn to dust. Spiritual beings are not hurt by fire. Whenever one sees that the fire mentioned in Revelation is the fire of the Spirit of
God that removes the impurities in a being then you will begin to understand how reconciliation of all things can actually take place. As Jesus said ALL THINGS are
possible with God.

Reconciliation=The restoration of family relations, reuniting, reunion.

Understanding that the creation was made subject to vanity by God so that it could be restored back to a better state is of vital importance in understanding
Satans role. Since Jesus has all power in heaven and earth, why does he tell us that Satan will cast some of you into prison to try you and you will have tribulation
10 days be thou faithful unto death............ Satan is only fulfilling what he was assigned to do as part of a maturing process for the elect.
The tree of the knowledge of good and evil was placed in the garden of Eden by God and it was Satan. Consider that when they did what he suggested in that day
of 1000 yrs they died as they became the servants of sin unto death. The fruit was knowledge. We do not get knowledge from eating food but from hearing or reading.
A tree cannot provide that. But Satan did.
If the tree as God calls him was put there by him and he was created to be the destroyer of mens spirituality and did what he was assigned to do, how was he
wrong in what he did?

Even the Bible calls Satan a son of God in Job 2:1

Reconciliation to ones spouse is to reunite, so why in this instance do we burn up those that are seen as irreconcilable when the scripture tells us that all things
are to be reconciled unto God because of the shed blood of Jesus?
If God had not used Satan to bring death and condemnation to men then Jesus' coming and sacrifice would not have been necessary. But it was and is Gods
intention to Have Jesus rule over all of the creation including Satan himself.
The destruction of death requires that no one can any longer die and it is the last enemy to be destroyed. Satan must be destroyed through reconciliation to
fulfill scripture as he is part of the all things prior to the destruction of death.
Well said brother.

Active
The beast and the false prophet are the governments and false religions composed of people. The leader of those groups is Satan
(who receives his power and dominion from God) and will cause torment upon those 2 groups, and others, day and night. Thats his job.

"Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made."

"Thou hast been in the garden of God ; every precious stone was thy covering.............the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in
the day that thou wast created."

"Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee."

The iniquity that was found in him was put there in order to serve the purposes of God.
Satan who is a created being can do nothing that he is not allowed or even instructed to do, i.e. Job, and the crucifixion of Jesus. And both were for the benefit of
the receivers of that evil.
Indeed there is no true God other than the Father and everything that exists came from him, evil included. And if it continues to exist its because it has a purpose to
fulfill in his plan/will. Isaiah 45:7

".............all things were created by him, and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist."
".........I have created the waster to destroy."
" What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?"

Consider that one single angel tosses Satan into prison for 1000 yrs and then he is let out to deceive the nations once again. Why?
Why did Jesus just not destroy him when he was glorified and had been given all power in heaven and earth 2000 yrs ago?
He is as necessary to your internal battle of spirit vs flesh as air is to your continued existence. Without the waster as an adversary there is no maturing taking place
because there is nothing to overcome temptation wise. Jas 1:2
This is why all the people born during the millennial reign will not come to spirit birth even though they are there with Jesus and the firstborn sons of God. They will die
and be consumed by the fire that comes from heaven at the battle.
After resurrection which is right after that they are judged according to their works and tossed into the second death, which is the repeat of what you see today
with Satan being the inflicter of evil upon the elect of God as God brings forth another harvest of sons.

Some things must be read spiritually and not physically in order to get what is being said.
Example: why judge according to works if they are not written in the lambs book of life? Why judge at all just toss em in and skip judging.
Judged according to works is a clue as to what level of spiritual maturity was achieved during the first death and they will be restored to that place to begin again
exactly where they left off.
In the second death all flesh will have seen Jesus and the firstborn sons of God, and as Jesus states "He that has believed without seeing is more blessed than he
that must see to believe." This is part of the better resurrection issue. Not that we can choose to be in the first as it is God who does the choosing and Jesus
perfects.

Ever wonder why God took credit for destroying Job, when it was Satan that did the killing and inflicting of all evil upon him and his house? Job 2:3, 2:7
Ever wonder why Jesus said his crucifixion was a thing of God, but the betrayal was from Satan and the crucifixion was a result of evil?
Did Job get a seeing relationship with God from his trials, where before it was only a relationship based upon hearing? Job 42:5
Do you suppose that in order for Jesus to learn obedience and be perfected he needed to suffer, Heb 5:8-9 and thus was inflicted with betrayal, pain, agony, separation
from God etc...He was handed over to Satan for destruction for his own maturing by the love of his Father. And we see how he turned out.

Satan must be restored to his original position before being cast to the earth to be the VP of evil. This is the only way that ALL THINGS can be reconciled.

IMO angels were never intended to be lost or saved they are just ministers of either good or evil according to their appointed task. The unclean spirits
know God and tremble, they know Jesus and bow to his authority, they have been witness to all that God has done as they along with Satan were with God
before being put in charge of the vanity that God subjected the earth to in hope that it will be set free by the manifesting of his first crop of sons. Rom 8:20-21

Isaiah 45:11 "Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands
command ye me."

Bringing forth sons that glorify God the Father is the only reason the world or anything in it exists. As soon as that sinks in the rest becomes much clearer.

The Word was God is the expression John used to signify that Gods plan was to reproduce himself as it was spoken in a future tense, We see Jesus who was
declared to be a God as he had been perfected into the substance of God which is agape love thus the first or original blueprint. If we are to follow him to sit
in his throne as he sits in his Fathers throne we too must become agape love, and this is the will of God that we will become what he is. The tools he chooses
to use are not at fault as they are just tools used to perfect his sons.
Jesus forgave those that scourged and crucified him and we must do the same when the time comes to hang on our own cross. We are told to take up our
cross and follow him. That eventually led to Calgary where he was crucified, and you too will eventually find yourself hanging on that cross you carried
all those years as your perfection comes to a close and all because of the love of God for you. My ways and my thoughts are higher than yours.

If we stop to consider that Love begat love in that God begat Jesus who became a God as he became agape love then what should your end be if
begotten of God through the Spirit of his Son who is also love? Gal 4:6

Quit blaming the tools and realize that all comes from the Father to perfect whom he has chosen. And if that be you rejoice that he has bestowed that love
on you now.
Again brilliant! :love:

Loyal
Some people are deceived. The Bible clearly states most wont be saved. Not even everyone who thinks they are a Christian.
There is no hidden message here. It's all out in the open in plain language for all to see.

Luke 13:23; And someone said to Him, "Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?" And He said to them,
Luke 13:24; "Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
Luke 13:25; "Once the head of the house gets up and shuts the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock on the door, saying, 'Lord, open up to us!' then He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know where you are from.'
Luke 13:26; "Then you will begin to say, 'We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets';
Luke 13:27; and He will say, 'I tell you, I do not know where you are from; DEPART FROM ME, ALL YOU EVILDOERS.'
Luke 13:28; "In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but yourselves being thrown out.

Matt 7:13; "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
Matt 7:14; "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Rev 19:20; And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone.

Rev 14:9; Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand,
Rev 14:10; he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
Rev 14:11; "And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

Matt 7:21; "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
Matt 7:22; "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'
Matt 7:23; "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

John 5:28; "Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice,
John 5:29; and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

As for Satan... @Curtis already posted this, but I will again..

Rev 20:10; And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

The Bible says what it means and means what it says. It takes a lot of deception and scripture twisting to ignore all of this. But that's Ok.. the Bible also says...

2Thes 2:11; For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false,

So many won't be able to help what they believe, even if it directly opposes the Bible.

2Tim 4:3; For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,

The entire Book of Jude, and the entire chapter of 2Pet 2 talks about these people.