• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

DOES GOD HIDE HIS FACE FROM BELIEVERS?

He did that in the old testament and to an extent he is currently doing that until the times of the gentiles are fulfilled. The hiding himself could be in regards to less direct intervention and natural protection you would have; With his face being in your presence.

studying Isaiah Chapter 7 and i came upon this verse in chapter 8 that seems relevant so posting

Isaiah 8:17 And I will wait upon the Lord, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.

Active
@Ivar,
Thanks Ivar for you comment. God does not hide His face any longer. He doesn't because we have the Holy Ghost living in us and He will never leave us nor forsake us (Hebrews 13:5).

Eze 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Believers are the house of Israel being talked about.

If believers still sinned, God would hide his face from them; but we do not sin anymore.

Isa 59:2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

Jesus took away our sins so God is not hiding His face from believers.

Active
@Ivar,
I don't know about that, but I know man cannot hide himself from God (Psa. 139:7-10) under the old or new covenant. Man cannot go anywhere from the presence of God. We as believers have been bought with a price (1Cor.6:20), and He said He will never leave us nor forsake us (Heb. 13:5).

God hid His face from Israel because of their sins (Isa. 59:2); but He lives inside of us, "only," because we have "no sin" (Col. 2:11) and we have His Spirit living inside our hearts (Eze. 39:29). It's interesting because out of the heart proceeds unfruitful works, but God said, He will never leave us, neither will He leave our hearts (Mat. 15:18, 19).