• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Does god accept me?

I am a girl who likes girls.. When my mom found out she wasnt happy nor sad she was okay with it, she loves me no matter what im her daughter, but she also said in the bible it says its wrong to like someone of the same sex.. Im scared i wont go to heaven

Staff Member
Greetings @leiani tamaura

Firstly and most importantly
The Lord loves you and He will accept you just the way you are.
He died on the cross to save you and is longing for you to let Him into your life

Do you know Him?
Have you accepted Him as your Lord and Saviour?

What if you die tonight | Talk Jesus

Secondly, your mum is right, being gay or lesbian is very wrong in the eyes of the Lord and His word makes this very clear.

Turn to the Lord in prayer and ask Him to lead you in His truth, to show you His ways.
Ask Him to shut doors that are clearly not His way

Homosexuality | Talk Jesus

I pray that you are blessed by your time here at Talk Jesus and that the Lord uses the forum to lead you in His ways

Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.
Hebrews 7:25

Staff Member
Greetings,
may I please say, your title here,
Does God accept me? can be answered like this,
Does God accept Jesus, the Lamb of God, Who died for the sins of the world?
That is the more important question to answer, because once you begin to understand that, you will know for sure if He accepts you or not.
I can say He does accept you, but I ask that you seek Him and consider Him.
Does God accept the sacrifice of His Son, for you?

grace and peace
bless you ....><>

Active

RJ

Being scared is a good thing!
With regards to adultery, Jesus said that if you even look at another person with lust in your heart, you have committed the sin of adultery. So, it is the same with homosexuality or any other sin.
To God sin is sin, no one sin any worse than the other , except the sin of unbelief.
God hates the sin but loves the sinner
God is reaching out to you and you being here at TJ is no accident.
Your answer is in Jesus Christ; only through him can you reach heaven and the peace you are seeking!
Welcome!

Administrator
Staff Member
@leiani tamaura

Welcome to the community.

The Holy Spirit can transform your heart, your mind and as a result your desires so that they are godly and fruitful. Ask Jesus to come into your life, confess your sins and receive His forgiveness. He is gentle, loving and perfect. He knows you better than you know yourself which is just awesome!

Please read this
How do I accept Jesus as my Savior? | Talk Jesus

Active
Does God accept me
We were all sinners. He died for us all. He wants to accept us all! The issue is...do we accept Him? Rev 3:20 & Matt 16:24.

I am a girl who likes girls.. When my mom found out she wasnt happy nor sad she was okay with it, she loves me no matter what im her daughter, but she also said in the bible it says its wrong to like someone of the same sex.. Im scared i wont go to heaven

Yes the bible is clear that homosexuality warranted a punishment on par with adultery.

You must understand that God doesn't send people to hell because He hates them. People choose to go there. When we love what He hates, we hate Him. So the question you need to ask yourself is, do you care about what pleases Him? Do you care about God's will for your life? Even without scripture you know God's will on this matter. Working minds is all that is needed to convict or excuse us before God 1 Cor 11:31. You know that if God wanted you to be with a woman, He would have made you a man. Hermaphrodites have an excuse that may excuse them before God but not you or I.

I was guilty of much sexual sin before I met Jesus. I went to a Catholic school and the nuns told me I am going to hell. I spoke to God that night and said ''I don' hate you, I love what I am doing...you surely made me like this...how can it be that you want to send me to hell?'' He spoke to me. He told me that I must not focus on what I was doing. I must focus on the cross. You must do the same my friend. Focus on the cross. Why did Jesus die on the cross? Why would an innocent man die on the cross? Why does God do this for us? I pray that you grasp like I did that the cross represents immense love from our Creator. We obey Him because we love Him. We love Him by obeying Him.

Active

leiani tamaura What my Brothers and Sister have said is all true. As a Counselor, I could give you a lot of information on the subject of pursuing a homosexual lifestyle....You need to hear what God has to say about it, not me. In Romans Chapter one, lets look at what the Scripture, God's Word and instruction for your life is.

Romans 1:24 "Wherefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts unto uncleanness, that their bodies should be dishonored among themselves:
1:25 for that they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile passions: for their women changed the natural use into that which is against nature:
1:27 and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working unseemliness, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was due.

1:28 And even as they refused to have God in their knowledge, God gave them up unto a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
1:29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
1:30 backbiters, hateful to God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
1:31 without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural affection, unmerciful:
1:32 who, knowing the ordinance of God, that they that practise such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but also consent with them that practise them."
Now, to further understand what God is saying, you can read Verses 18 to where we started, Verse 24. You see, if we want something bad enough to disregard what God says is right, God simply gives us what we desire more than Him.
What should you do? Renounce homosexuality because it is sin against how God made you. He did not make you to have sex with another woman, that is a lie from the devil who wants you to die in your sins so that you will go to hell with him.
Right now, repent, which is to turn away from homosexuality and turn to Jesus Christ who loves you so much that He died on a wicked cruel cross to save you from your sins and have a new life with Him as your Lord and Master. Ask the Heavenly Father to forgive you of all your sins, and ask Jesus to come into your heart and life. To the best of your ability, learn about Jesus by reading the Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. There you will find out how to live pleasing to the Lord instead of insulting God with a wicked lifestyle like homosexuality.
This reply is a little strong my young friend, I'm afraid for you, I don't want you to die the death that is says you will in Verse 32. This is your chance to change your entire life, there might not be another. Our Heavenly Father wants to give you another birth. This new birth is spiritual. You were born 15 years ago in the flesh. Now God wants you to be "born again" in the Spirit so that you can become His child and He will chart a brand new life for you. May God bless you dear one.
Sorry for the bold print, something went wrong with the type.

The Word says if we draw near to God, he draws near to us. To ask if God accepts you is a good indication that your heart is messed up toward God and your not fully drawing near to him. To continue to do something you believe God might be against is just going to end horribly, and even more horrifying Eternally if it don't change.