• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

does anyone know any good christian shows to show a 4 year old

hi my family are christians does anyone have any good recommendations of christian shows for children to show my 4 year old nephew old shows prefrebly

Staff Member
@Harlowcat86
The Veggie Tales are pretty good, and I believe the theme is that God loves you and you're special.
I grew up with Davey & Goliath that ended in 1964, but still can be found on YouTube. It's founded by the Lutheran Church. Does have a Jesus theme, and that you can do wrong, but can be forgiven.

Hopefully, others can come up with some.

With Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Staff Member
@Harlowcat86
Dropped a line to my Church's Children Pastor, to see what suggestions he may have. When I hear back from him, I'll pass on any suggestions!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Loyal
For a 4-yr old -- I'd probably sit down and read a book to him / her. Help them learn how to read. Cuddle-time with Mom / Dad. Play a game with them.

Loyal
For a 4-yr old -- I'd probably sit down and read a book to him / her. Help them learn how to read. Cuddle-time with Mom / Dad. Play a game with them.
Agree with you Sue D. Nothing beats sitting down to read a story, or even ad-lib story telling. If you want to get fancy, then you can make a puppet by drawing a sharpie face on a wooden spoon and wrapping it a scrap of cloth -- now you can act out some of the simple stories in the gospels together.

My favourite film adaptation of the life of Jesus is the claymation Miracle Maker, and it's just about accessible to a 4 year-old. Be prepared for the voices of the British classical theatre cast.

Active
I agree with veggie tales. And it may not be a Bible based show, but Daniel Tiger shows a lot of values of love and kindness.

My daughter is three, almost 4. I read to her a lot and we sing Christian kid songs. We don't have it, but the Christian kids music action videos are just wonderful. They always play that when my daughter is at church.

Good animated movies are "Joseph King of Dreams" and "Moses Prince of Egypt"

Active
You know what my daughter likes? There are these old time church song videos. They are just kids that sing various childrens' Bible songs. This age thrives on music. Especially with movements. I admit we mostly do pbs.

You know what my daughter likes? There are these old time church song videos. They are just kids that sing various childrens' Bible songs. This age thrives on music. Especially with movements. I admit we mostly do pbs.

I don’t know about a 4 year old but I know for children and adults I loved a pilgrims progress
Not sure if a 4 year old can understand the Christian theme of the challenges of being a christian but they might like the visuals
It’s well done and I recommend it for all ages

Active
I don’t know about a 4 year old but I know for children and adults I loved a pilgrims progress
Not sure if a 4 year old can understand the Christian theme of the challenges of being a christian but they might like the visuals
It’s well done and I recommend it for all ages

Heard of it, but never read it

Good Christian animated movies on VISION VIDEO YOUTUBE CHANNEL ( they produce these in many languages)
SHALOM :love: